Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathap Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prathap KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old. Recently I checked my blood lipids. Result shows as under cho-pod 181.00 mg/dl gpo-pod 496.00 mg/dl hdl cholesterol direct 32.00 mg/dl ldl" 127.00 mg/dl vldl cholesterol 99.20 mg/dl cholesterol/hdlc ratio 5.7 ldlc/hdlc ratio 3.97 tgl/hdlc ratio 15.50 my eco and ecg was normal and pertaining to blood report what is you opinion and what are all the precautions I have to take.
I am suffering from hypertension. I am getting giddiness while letting in to any issue's from office while handling complains from client's. Kindly advice.
I have some problem in my chest sometimes I get pain in my chest from neck to stomach so what should I do.
I am 62 years old male. I had profuse nose bleeding three times between 12th and 13th of March 2016, despite immediate medical attention on the first two occasions and once as an in-patient. I was transferred to another corporate hospital and was hospitalised till 17th March. I ran a high BP of 170/90 in the first instant and became quite normal at the time of the third instance. I suffer from septum deviation for more than 25 years and take medication on and off. I was diagnosed with EPISTAXIS RIGHT NOSTRIL, DEVIATED NASAL SEPTUM -LEFT and UPPER AIRWAY RESISTANCE SYNDROME. The Diagnostic Nasal Endoscopy and Cauterization were done on 14th and I am to be reviewed after 15 days. Presently I am on medication. Will this treatment solve my problem on permanent basis?
My sister is 29 year old female. She did her blood test and found SGPT 251. What should we do. Please suggest her.
Hello I drink liquor daily continuously by last 5 years near about 200 to 300 ml daily To before 3 month I have an issue related high blood pressure and right now my bp is 140/100 and suddenly my heart beats increases day by day and getting tired when I run or walk 1 km Kindly revert.
Symptoms- I am having hypertension. I am scared alot that someone wants to kill me. I go to the doctor for bp they checked me and done ecg. And I think that from ecg they indulge infection in my body. I scared alot and in night I go to one hospital to another hostipal I feel that I am gonna die and the other day I can't ate anything because I think someone involved poison in my food I can not sleep for 3 days then I admitted in hospital Dr. said that I am go to the physcosis. Is it physcosis or anxiety. COurse- 1 year tab or lifetime and I do not go the physctrist after 3 month and I think I am ok.
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.