Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna RYour feedback matters!
I was operated 8 months back on stomach. On my stitches. The skin didn't became normal way. It became strong patches on the skin where it was stitched. Why what is the reason sir. Thank you.
I am suffering from stool disorder, it is almost 2 months now, first I had a loss stool for 3 to 4 days then it started cramps loose stool and irritation in the end of anus (like when we eat spices). After 4 to 5 days cramps were stopped. But stool was black in colour +irritation. The stool something was mix hard and loss at the same time. First it was hard stool and then black + yellow loose stool. I consulted a doctor he prescribed me stool test. Result was that there was no blood but fiber and undigested food. Then he prescribed me oflox oz for 6 days I only took it for 4 days and stopped taking it. Stool was same sometime hard and loss. Sometime only loose black. The I consulted another doctor he prescribed me rabesec 20, matiz plus, Rclfac 500 for 10 days. Also told me to stop taking juice, milk, green vegetables, potatoes,salad, fried food, chicken.now today was 7th day and the only benefit was there is no irritation and no black stool. But still loose stool. I again visited he added doxy 100 and osta d3 injection. I tried drinking warm lemon water in morning. I didn't drink or smoke. What should I do now? Please help me as soon as possible. As I am only eating curd rice and kichdi. I also not eat junk food.
My skin is too much oily. Due to this I have to wash my face every 2-3 hours. How can I reduce oil from my face?
I have dark circle in my eyes. .so I use many ayurvedic products but the dark circle still there. So advice me to. How can I remove my dark circles immediately?
I using skin lite for face glow and better colour, can I continue this. Pls suggests me sir Thinking you sir.
Dr. m in wheatish skin tone I m.going for glutathione injection course to get lighter skin tone. Is it helpful.
What is the solution for the childhood stretch marks on body .sir, on my body from my belly to my chest ,i have a stretch marks and I want to remove thats. So please tell me the solution to remove these causes.
Sir when I go to toilet duration pain in my annul (way of poty) and sometime pain leaving please hwlp me.
I am very addicted to chewing skin of my lips and skin inside my mouth (inner cheeks). I try to stop myself from doing this but after a while I find myself doing the same again. I have never smoked in my entire life if that can be the cause. What does this indicates and what should I do?
How can I fair golw in my sikn Phela mein saaf color ka tha lekin aab thora sa drkness jyda ho gaya sun mein thora bhut work bhi kerna perta hai thts why my sikn color is darkness.
What to do if spider revolve on your skin. And the rashes on skin appears. remedies for rashes please.
Staying out in the sun too long can cause you to suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours.
Winters make me panic since I develop few small round patches mainly on my fore leg below knees. They start as a dot, reddish later lose their upper layer with slight itch and disappear as d summer enters. My dermatologist confirmed it s not psoriasis and suggested me to b on the continuous moisturizing lotions, Isn't there any permanent cure for these? Mine is an extreme dry skin n these patches r making it worse. Please do suggest.
Human skin is indicative of the health of a person. It is often said that most skin conditions are only symptoms of what is going on within the body. However, there are certain conditions which are caused by external irritants to the skin. It is thus important that you take care of this organ and also be careful in choosing the products which you apply on it.
Why choosing skin care products carefully is important?
In today's world of infinite choices, there are plenty of options in the shelves of supermarkets, specialty stores and beauty treatment spas that offer much variety. However, you should realize that a lot of the benefits claimed are just marketing tricks to get the products to sell more. It is up to you to exactly find what suits you best.
Various types of skin care products:
There are multiple types of skin care products. Some of them are:
- Skin cleanser
- Treatment for acne
- Skin lightening treatment
- Anti - wrinkle or anti-aging creams
Specialized Treatments for Skin conditions: As is evident from this list, not everything is applicable to all people. Thus, they have to choose according to what their most specific needs are. However, if you have a specific beauty regimen where you are using the products very regularly make sure that the ingredients won't do you harm in the long term.
Dangers from lower end Skin care products: Skin care products sourced from cheaper materials or used in mass scale productions have known to contain many harmful chemicals which seep through the skin to cause multiple types of cancers. However the most direct assault is on skin itself and the most common worse outcome would be increasing chances of skin cancer.
Some of the harmful chemicals know to be included in cosmetic products include:
- And Nickel among others.
Choosing carefully and wisely: Whether at the shelf or online it is better to research the ingredients before you buy a beauty product. You should be able to look through the hype of marketing and the clever disguising of the ingredients or warnings in a subtle manner. You are paying for your skin care and thus should get the best quality product possible within your budget. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.