Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar ThomasYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. I have spondylitis problem. And my cellebellar toncilles are dipped down for 1 mm below forman magnam. I have lot of dizzyness and shoulder pain and legs pain, kindly help me with it.
Hi, I'm 27 years old I think I got thorncils in my throat i'm unable to swallow anything and also I think I got fever were I can not taste anything my tongue is numb and i'm also not feeling hungry and I have a very bad body pain and running nose.
When ever I eat oily food ,I get cough. And throat irritation. After which I get little difficulty in breathing due to cough.
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 4 days. I am taking Zeet syrup for cough and also taking steam regularly. Cough is getting worse and harsh. But still not improvement. As I am breastfeeding mom, my 8 month old baby also caught cold and cough. Please advise what should I do for instant relief.
Dear Doctor,What kind excercises can be helpful with controlled asthma. When running or walking fast i feel respiratory problem.Please help
Hi, I am suffering from dry cough in past 1 week. Please suggest cough syrup (which does not cause laziness when have it during day time)
Having bradycardia implies that your heart beats very slowly. For the vast majority, a heart beats from sixty to hundred pulses a minute while very few are viewed as ordinary. In case your heart beats under sixty times each minute, it is slower than usual. A moderate heart rate can be ordinary and solid. On the other hand it could be an indication of an issue with the heart's electrical framework.
For a few people, moderate heart rate does not create any issues. It can be an indication of being exceptionally fit. Sound youthful grown-ups and sports persons frequently have heart rates of fewer than sixty beats a minute. In other individuals, bradycardia is an indication of an issue with the heart's electrical framework. It implies that the heart's regular pacemaker isn't working right or that the electrical pathways of the heart are disturbed.
A moderate heart rate may make you:
- Feel blurry eyed or woozy.
- Feel short of breath and feel that it’s harder to work out.
- Feel tired.
- Have neck pain or an inclination that your heart is beating or rippling (palpitations).
- Feel bewildered or experience difficulty concentrating.
- Black out, if a moderate heart rate causes a drop in pulse.
A few people do not have side effects, or their indications are mild to the point that they think they are quite recently part of getting more seasoned. You can discover how quick your heart is beating by checking your heart rate. In case your pulse is moderate or uneven, talk to a specialist.
How bradycardia is dealt with depends on what is causing it. Treatment likewise relies on symptoms. Given below are some of the symptoms:
- In case harm to the heart's electrical framework causes your heart to pulsate too quickly, you will presumably need a pacemaker. A pacemaker is a gadget put under your skin that revises the moderate heart rate. Some people might have a kind of bradycardia that requires a pacemaker.
- In case another medical issue, for example, hypothyroidism or an electrolyte irregularity, is bringing about a moderate heart rate, treating that issue may cure the bradycardia.
- In case a medicine is making your heart to pulsate too gradually, your specialist may change the dosage or recommend an alternate drug. In case you can't quit taking that medicine, you may require a pacemaker.
Bradycardia is frequently the aftereffect of another heart condition, so finding a way to carry on with a heart-solid way of life will enhance your general health. This may include:
- Showing at least a bit of restraint and dedication to a good diet routine that includes a considerable amount of organic products, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and low-fat or nonfat dairy foods.
- Being gradually on most, if not all, days of the week. Your specialist can let you know what type of exercise is okay for you.
- Getting more fit in case you have to, and maintaining a solid weight.
- Not smoking.
- Overseeing other medical issues, for example, hypertension or elevated cholesterol. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I have coughing at night time. Easinophilia has been ruled out. I am on losartan as a cardio protective. Ace inhibitors are well known to lead to coughing. Can losartan lead to the coughing I am having? should I stop taking losartan? what is the alternative for me if I stop losartan?
I have cough for last 4 months. I have taken a lot of medicine but could not get well. What should I do now?
What is the medicine/method to contain co2 in blood for a person who is admitted in icu with respiratory problems. Currently he is breathing thru tube/mask.
I am allergic to dust and is suffering form cough form last 3 months. I am taking anti allergic since then. But still the problem persist. What should I do.
Sir sardi jukam, khasi huwa hai tatha nak saf karate samay thoda sa blood aa raha hai. Please advise me.
I am a 25 year old woman and need to get rid of my sinus problem naturally. Its not severe but every morning I wake up with my nose chocked and mouth dry. I tried jal neti but I cant seem to do it properly and the condition worsens. Any other options?
Hello friends, I am Dr Hemant Kadra. I am a pulmonologist. A pulmonologist is a doctor who deals with respiratory problems. Today I will be explaining Asthma in a very simple manner because it is a simple disease.
So, when to suspect asthma?
All patients who are present with a cough with or without breathlessness on exposure to dust, fumes, cold atmosphere, on eating chilled vegetables and fruits can have asthma. They also give family histories of allergic disorders like allergic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis so we can suspect asthma in our patients who are present with a cough with or without breathlessness and on exposure to such triggers like cold, dust, fumes, change of weather- this is the clinical history.
There are 2 components-
One is prevention. You must avoid all your triggers. And treatment part is slightly different. Treatment is we have to control swelling in the area, narrowing of the airways.
There are 2 kinds of medication- one is a reliever and the other is preventer medication. Reliever medication gives you immediate relief and preventer medication is given for a longer amount of time just to maintain the anti-inflammatory component in the airways. So, we combine both the type of medications in an inhaler or one rhotahaler to give maximum benefits to the patients. So, these are the basic things about asthma.
I will tell you about basic myths about asthma. What people think about asthma but is not true. People think that asthma is a contagious disease. It is communicable. No, it is not true.
- It is an allergic disorder first of all. Asthma or allergy runs in families because it is a genetic disorder.
- Secondly, an inhaler is a drug delivery system. It is not a drug. It delivers lowest possible drugs to the airways to a very minimum side-effect. So, this myth is not true that inhalers are very hard, they are addicting, habit forming, it is not true. It is a drug delivery system.
- Third myth is that inhalers are to given to severely ill patients or very chronic asthmatic patients this is also not true. We believe that inhalers should be given early whenever they are detected with asthma early in the disease. So, to prevent later chronic changes in the airbase, we should start inhalers in the beginning only.
So, if you want to consult me, you can cotact me through Lybrate. You can contact me through sms, sudio clips, video clips, whatsapp, email only through lybrate. Com. I am available 24 hours a day and ready to help you.