Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasanna Kumar ThomasYour feedback matters!
I have lungs problem by birth that is pulmonary hypertension. My oxygen level in blood is only 78. I can't do any physical type work can't walk fast or run. Fatigue easily. I have to take oxygen daily minimum 2 or 3 hours at night. Doctor has advised assurans tablet. I am taking this tablet from last two years. I just want to confirm is this tablet has side effects. And please tell how I can increase my oxygen level and improve my condition.
Hello sir, I am suffering from sinus for the last 3-4 years and I can not prevent it and I started going gym for controlling but it just short period. When I got cold and get continuous sneezing through out my day and I can not do any other work. So please help me.
My son is suffering with lower back ache since 6 years. The doctors always prescribes for pain killers but not finding the route cause is a big challenge. He is 22 years. He is also allergic to cold / ac. He gets sinusitis and getting cured permanently is an issue. He is allergic to trees. Please suggest for remedy or any other tests / scan to find the route cause and address for permanent curing.
I am seven years old I am suffered fromFever cough and cold from last three days what medicine I take.
Cough is droping from nasal into my throat dificulty in breathing in night what is the reason and treatment ?
Good afternoon. I have the problem that when I'm running I can't run more than 400 metres without stopping because I am fatigued and I need air. I just can't breathe. Well the end of the schools year is coming and I have exam in sport - run 1, 600 meters but I know that I will can't do this. I really don't know what to do. Could you please help me? Thank you so much.
We've no nicotine anonymous meetings at our area. I love smoking cigarettes and despite my ill health and embarrassing coughs all day long, I am helpless. I think switching to e cigarette or herbal cigarettes might do me some good. I am not a bad person by nature but people who see me with cigarette always think otherwise. I love the the idea of letting cigarette and can't imagine my life without smoking and its scary. I am terrified and that's another reason for another smoke. I want to quit on my own but it sounds impossible. I haven't taken alcohol in 5 years 20days despite being alcoholic with the support of a. A. Meetings.
Hi Doctor My son 1 yr 4 months old, he undergone for a surgery Coarctation of Aorta in his 3rd month. For a past 1 week he had a severe cough and cold, even we undergone for a medication, they prescribed Deriphyllin, Bromisal, Docser which is not responding for his cold & cough. Kindly pls tell me.
I am 37 years old man hematic i did not take proper breath & my weight also increasing slowly regularly please suggest what will I do ?
I am having very ceviour cold and cough and also the cough is of yellow colour. Give me medicine or syrup tht can cure me as soon as possible.
I am 25 years old. I have spondylitis problem. And my cellebellar toncilles are dipped down for 1 mm below forman magnam. I have lot of dizzyness and shoulder pain and legs pain, kindly help me with it.
Iam suffering from throat pain. It is mainly coming at night and also I have cough. So please tell me a suggestion.
I am a 40 year old man. I am feeling some breathing problem. What should be dose for nebulization for me.
I am 23 years old when I am going to walking or running I cannot take a breath in my nose my nose is completely block please give me the right way.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.