Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash K C
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Treatment of Frequent Urination Problems
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment of Fluid Retention
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Kidney Diseases
Treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Nephropathy
Treatment of Nephrolithiasis
Treatment of Nephronophthisis
Treatment of Bartter Syndrome
Treatment of Renal Agenesis
Treatment of Alport Syndrome
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash K CYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering from diabetes since last 3 years, high bp ranging from 140/90 to 165/100. And 2 years back I was told by my doctor that I have mild prostrate problem also after getting my ultrasound done wherein there as no residual. I am taking 1-gloformin xl 500 morning and evening after food. 2-cardace am 5 morning after breakfast for bp. 3-lazol-30. Mg. For acidity. 4-ecosprin av -75 at night. Now my problem is that I m suffering from excessive urination. Normally I use wash room every hour. Since last about 5 days I have checked my bp is also unstable sometimes it is 122/68 --120/64----132/78 ----135/81----165/84. I feel drowsy after taking my medicines after breakfast. My sugar levels were fasting-90 and pp-170. Random sugar in the evening was 135. Psa--was 0. 05 against a limit of 0. 4. Microalbumin creatinine ratio was 13. 3 against a limit of <30. Please advice what to do to control the excessive urination. Unstable high b. P. Am I suffering from some kidney problem? please advice.
My mother 68 recently diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and was admitted for pulmonary edema her sugar level suddenly went to 370 was on tab before. But now on insulin 6 units 3 times of regular and if pp at night more then 200 then rapid 2 units for 200 to 250 4 units 250 to 300. Now her sugar level fasting is in the range 100 to 130 and pp is 140 to 250. My question is that is it compulsory to take insulin can she switch to medicines. As as a elderly person she is getting tensed with pricks But heard that for chronic kidney disease patients tablets will effect the kidney please advice. One more concern like there are different tablets so is the insulin types are also different.
My mom is suffering from uterine prolapse. She is also having swelling in both of her legs (lower limps) is this related to prolapse? What precautions does one need to keep after hysterectomy? How long does it take to recover after surgery? And how to relieve swelling for now.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are home remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.