Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PrabudossYour feedback matters!
Hi ma'am I suffering with ectopic pregnancy and I had last period on 29th January and afterwards I didn't have period in Feb march so I went to medical on 1st April they gave medicine because they said you r not pregnant in test the result was -ve till 11 April I didn't bleed so again I went to hospital they said for hcg test I was pregnant then on 20th April they declared I am suffering with ectopic pregnancy on that day I hospitalized and they gave shot methotrexate that time my hcg level was 500 again after one shot my level was increased to 1000 they gave another shot agin hcg level increased to 1400 they gave another shot then hcg level was 1500 they discharged from hospital and I came back to home after 48 hr again I went for test my hcg level was 259 after 3 days means on 1st may I bleed for one week and on 18th of may my hcg level was 0.29 but I am still getting abdominal pain and felling like stomach size increasing and also like vomiting sometimes ma'am I want to know when my period will start and why I am feeling like still something is holding iny stomach because I am uncomfortable when I am sleeping from front side.
My Mother Is having migraine as well as improper digestion problem. What should I do so that she gets relief?
I am facing stomach infection due to food poisoning. How to cure the stomach infection/food poisoning problem?
Hi I am 25 years old. My problem is gas form in my stomach when I sit on chair from morning to evening. I am software engineer. Actually I have a gastric problem from last 4 months recently got job. So problem is repeated. Now I am using gastric tab morning time. But no pain came. Gas formed why it happens please suggest me. Don't neglect. I am worried about my future.
I am suffering from anal fistula from nealy 1.5 years now gakjng ayurvedic medicines from last 6 months swelling and pain has reduces also pus discharge is less but it is not gtr2full cured. How long I need to take medicines can it be fully cured or what else I need to do .I am not in favour of operation. Pls suggest medicines and any further action.
Im a student and 16 years old and I am suffering from the gas means acidity problem since last 3 weeks.
Hello, From past few weeks sometime blood comes out from my anus and earlier there used to burning sensation but now I do not feel any burning sensation from past few days. Also I feel a lump has formed near anus area, but that is not too big, so I have taken amlox -c and also now I am using betaraite ointment. I want to avoid surgery what shall I do? Is it annal fissure or fistula and any difference between them. But now I do not have any hard stool coming out.
The LES valve in the stomach is designed in such a way that as soon as food passes through it, it closes. If however, LES remains partially or fully open, acid produced by the stomach can move up to the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation called acid reflux or heartburn. This condition is commonly known as the hital hernia.
Some of the common symptoms of acid reflux:
1. Consumption of large meals at one go.
2. Lying down immediately after having a meal.
3. Obesity or being overweight.
4. Consumption of snacks just before bedtime .
5. Consumption of certain food items such as chocolate, garlic, onion and citrus-related food.
6. Consumption of caffeine related products such as coffee, liquor and cigarettes.
7. Certain medicines such as aspirin is also known to be a trigger for acid reflux.
8. Pregnant women or patients with blood pressure are known to be suffering from acid reflux.
Tips to deal with acid reflux
There is a wide range of treatment options available for acid reflux. If you are suffering from occasional heartburn, there are some wonderful home remedies that can be tried. However, if the acid reflux recurs more than once in a week, it is best to consult a doctor. Home remedies to deal with acid reflux:
1. Sleeping on the left side is known to reduce acid reflux.
2. Reducing weight greatly helps in tackling acid burn. Patients with obesity are more vulnerable to acid burn.
3. It is best to avoid food that triggers acid burn.
4. Chewing gum greatly helps in countering acid burn. It helps in producing saliva which soothe the esophagus.
5. Intake of One spoon of baking soda every day proves to be extremely effective. Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate which has a pH of more than 7 and can effectively neutralize the acid from stomach.
6. Intake of aloe vera, apple, banana or ginger is known to have very positive effects on acid burn.
7. Intake of 1 table-spoon of mustard can give instant relief from acid burn. Mustard’s alkaline properties can make the acid neutral in the system.
8. Regular intake (one after every meal) of almond helps to fight acid burn
1. If you are buying over the counter, Histamine 2 blockers is a great medicine that instantly gives relief from an acid burn. Typically Doctors suggest this medicine with a higher dosage. This medicine can be consumed half an hour before the consumption of a meal. However, It is best to consult a doctor before consuming any medication.
2. Doctors often suggest medicine from the PPI family. It effectively blocks acid production in the esophagus for a longer duration. Some common medicine from this group includes Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole and Rabeprazole. Although, a doctor should be consulted.