Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ponnudurai R.
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ponnudurai R.Your feedback matters!
My brother is 14 year old boy. He didn't get passed in 10th std. Other one he can't know simple calculation. Like plus minus. He not have capacity to listening full concentration. Also have stuck speech problem And other things he know all things like other man. Now this man what he do. My parents are now in fear of him. What they do. Sir.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!
I am addicted to watch porn. I really want to avoid that but can't control myself. How to avoid that?
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired.
Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I am 32 years old, and have 2 Children. Off late I feel very tired and sleepy. I had got chicken Guinea couple of years back and the bones are still paining. I am also trying to complete my studies, however not able to remember anything what I should do?
Doctor, I'm a girl and I need sex that natural but I have never felt sex feeling in my 32 years life actually 30 years life until that I was under treatment with psychiatrist after that I started medical treatment of my family Doctor and I also felt my health is better. and I started feeling to have sex but with only one person who I did smelling for 12 years I love that person but I never new who was he? after some time my mind and my heart started working for that smells. I mean I was searching those smells. One day I came to know that who is he. and now I love him very much more over those smells but I couldn't reach him and can't tell him. I want my marriage life with him only. I want only his kids. But big problem is that he is a celebrity. and I can't get him. I tried subside twice but failed I love him very much. Is this schizophrenia. I feel no body understanding my situations plear if you can help me out.
Hello sir, I am very silent person, I don't talk to anybody. I do not have any psychological problems, but still I always remain silent. I wanted to be more talkative please suggest me any tablet that will make me active & talkative.
Psychiatric treatment is never in the hands of a single person. Mental health treatment is a collaborative effort between the psychiatrist, occupational therapist, individual and his or her support system. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to engage people in some sort of activity to enhance their ability to lead a meaningful life. This need not be restricted to work but can include simple things like cooking, exercising, painting etc.
To understand what kind of treatment a patient needs, an occupational therapist will first assess the person, their needs and concerns. They understand how an illness or a particular life event can impact a person's ability to perform routine tasks. The counselor and therapist will then work together with the patient to explore possible lifestyle changes and set goals related to this. These changes are centered around the patient's strengths and preferences and take into consideration the occupations that are the most meaningful to the patient. An occupational therapist can then help the patient develop the necessary skills and find ways to make their daily lifestyle easier to handle. Thus, their lives become meaningful and satisfying and they feel a sense of achievement.
Occupational therapists also address social barriers towards the rehabilitation of a person in a community. This is done through interventions that focus on building the patient's existing skill set, creating opportunities for social integration, preventing a relapse and modifying the environment. Some of the barriers it addresses include:
1. Stigma: By providing the patient with an opportunity to master a skill, occupational therapy boosts self confidence. This helps address the stigma against people with mental difficulties being able to form strong interpersonal relationships.
2. Safety: A person suffering from a mental disorder is often understood to not be able to take care of himself. By helping the patient create routines for himself and giving him the confidence to perform daily tasks like cooking etc, he is at a much lower risk of accidents than before.
3. Socioeconomic status: By giving the patient the necessary skill set to hold a job and collaborating with employers and educators, an occupational therapist can help raise a person's socioeconomic status.
Occupational therapy can benefit any person diagnosed with a mental illness or who has recently undergone a traumatic accident. It can also benefit this person's friends and family who form his support system by teaching them how to balance their caregiving with daily responsibilities.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!