Doctor in Siva ENT Hospital
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Siva ENT HospitalYour feedback matters!
Hi I have been suffering from depression for the last 3 years but when I go to doctor they told me you are not ill but if you stop Medication there are high chances that depression may come back Also when I do yoga and physical exercise it helps to feel good and I feel normal how does it affects me? But still I am taking tablets Also I want which activities should I follow to come out of depression.
What if I vomit after taking my epilepsy tablet? please should I repeat my dose or not. Please suggest
Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria causes the patient to think that he or she is does not belong to the gender that may be physically apparent. This condition may cause severe stress, anxiety and depression. Let us find out more about the depressive conditions caused due to this disorder and how this depression may be treated:
- Trapped: One of the most common emotions that a patient experiences while suffering from this condition includes feeling trapped in the wrong body. For example, while all the physical and visual signs may point at the male status of the patient, he may actually feel that he is a female. In such cases, the patient often feels like the body does not reflect his or her true gender. This can cause the patient to feel trapped, which in turn can lead to feelings like restlessness.
- Anxiety: Once the restlessness sets in, general dissatisfaction grows, which is the earliest sign of anxiety. The intense discomfort experienced by the patient can lead to severe anxiety where he or she shuns normal functioning and socialising. The patient may choose to stay alone and isolated in the long run, which can fuel further anxiety when the patient is faced with social situations like school, work and others.
- Mismatch: The depression and anxiety also comes from a sense of mismatch that the patient may feel when it comes to the gender in the mind and the physical gender that may be parlayed with the genitals as well as other areas of the body and development. This mismatch will need to be addressed in order to get to the root of the depression and anxiety experienced by the patient.
- Talk Therapy: Talk therapy is one of the most common and popular forms of therapy that has been used for this kind of disorder. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy used for conditions like depressions due to GID or any other kind of depression and anxiety. With this kind of therapy, the patient can be brought face to face with the problem before reprogramming the attitude, thinking and resulting behaviour of the patient to be more accepting of the condition. Also, any physical therapy will have to backed by it.
- Trans Sexuality and Homosexuality: With the help of therapy, one of the most important and initial barriers that will have to brought down is the opinion of the patient. The patient will have to be made aware of the fact that his or her problem does not convert his or her into a transsexual or homosexual. This condition is not the same a sexual orientation issue.
Fear setting is an amazing tool that can be used to get over almost any kind of fear or doubt in your mind. Most often it is prescribed by self-help gurus and productivity experts who recommend it as a means to get over fears of taking chances.
Hi, Tomorrow is my final exam. And I had a breakup. I can't get him out of my head. I want to forget him. He makes me mad. I can't concentrate on my exam. Please help me. I think I will go in depression.
My mind was not controlling by me I can't concentrate on my studies. Actually I am playing a carrots game that time am not concentrate any thing like coins towards hole. Please tell me what is the remedy for this Thank you sir/madam.
In free time we alone what I have to do some thing wrong will happen, thing will come to my mind. Please advise
My 12 year old daughter struggling with ocd. Here doc gave her setra 25 mg for a week and from this Monday it's increased to 50 mg. Still no improvement. What to do? How long will it take for the medicine to work?
How to overcome with major depression? Help me out? I am suffering from very heavy depression. How to get rid of this.
I have a daughter of 3.5 yrs. I came from my husband's place 2 weeks back because he beat me very badly n this is not first time that he is beating. It's been 5 years since we are married. This is 3rd or 4th time I'm going home. But somehow we get compromised and join back. There is love in us which is joining back. Before when we were separated also we used to speak through phone at least to fight. Now it's more than 17 days he hasn't turned up or called to find about kid. He is not calling, I quit job my job because he insisted me to stay at home, I don't have my educational certificates or IDs as he has taken n kept it with him, no job, kid in hand. I'm staying with my parents now. In this stage what do I do? Please advise
Obsessive compulsive disorder is a condition, which is characterized by a constant occurrence of compulsive behavior and obsessive thoughts. People across all ages are affected by this condition; in some cases, it might start early whereas, in others, it develops around the early years of childhood. This is a very distressing condition as it can cause significant interference in your daily life. It is recommended to get it treated at the earliest to manage its symptoms effectively.
Obsessive compulsive disorder causes an obsession about an unwanted (forbidden or unfounded) thought, urge or an image. This obsession may result in disgust, unease and feelings of anxiety. A compulsion is defined as a certain behavior that is usually repetitive, something that you tend to do over and over again to get rid of the constant anxiety. An example would be to constantly check the windows of the house resulting from an uncorroborated fear that the house may be burgled.
The causes of obsessive compulsive disorder are:
- Chemical imbalances in the brain marked by low serotonin levels
- Family history of OCD
- People who are meticulous, neat and methodical might develop OCD
- Certain traumatic events such as having been bullied or abused can also cause OCD
There are multiple treatment options. The aim of the treatments is to manage the symptoms and improve the quality of life. The treatments are:
- Medications: Certain antidepressants that alter the chemical imbalance in the brain can treat OCD.
- Psychological therapy: Counselling or cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating OCD. Cognitive behavioral therapy aims to modify one’s thinking pattern and get rid of unnecessary fears and thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.