Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PhilominaYour feedback matters!
Taking Lurasidone for schizophrenia. High Prolactin levels and irregular menses, menses do not start without taking pills. Otherwise no periods. No children after 4 years of married life. Does not ovulate without injections.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of your understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant.
The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith: the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with tulsi leaves: The Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti- carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi I am 38 yrs old and a mother of two boys ages 15 and 11 my problem is that I always had a normal period of 5 days with proper bleeding but for the past few months I only have a brown reddish discharge for the first three days and then heavy blood flow with cramps for the last 2 days is it something serious please help.
I am 32 yr old woman and trying for baby from last 6 months but not able to conceive. My menstrual cycle is regular ie 28 days but remains only for 2 days. Please help me with your advise.
? 50 grams soya beans or masoor dal
? Unboiled milk
? Almond oil
Take fifty grams Soya beans (or masoor dal), soak it in water over-night.
Grind it well next morning into as paste after removing the shells.
Mix unboiled milk and almond oil in the paste and apply.
I married 2 months back. After having sex my wife feeling more pain in vagina after one day or 2 days of sex. She's feeling not to have sex. Please suggest something. During starting days she not suffer that and once she observed light bleeding and more pain also.
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
Hello my name is since last four months back I am getting married still am not conceived my and my husband regular participating the physically my all reactions are asking when you conceive please give me advices to I am getting conceive.
What are the best possible things which can be done to have normal delivery instead of cesarean.(i mean to say any exercises, food to have and avoid etc)
Hi. I'm house wife and I have problems of Breast. I need help. I have to do hard work daily but very uncomfortable feel gets pain in breast.
My mother has no balance in periods it comes very last and some times periods does not come and she have a big stomach how can she reduce her stomach?
She is facing some problems while feeding baby,(6 months) milk is not properly coming from one of the breast and its paining too much! what should we do?
Pulmonary Fibrosis : Symptoms ad Causes
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract.