Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PethammalYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I recently passed with d &c (april 12) as there is no fetus at 10 weeks, I am thyroid patient and on 62.5mcg thyronorm. After d & c I did intercourse after 2 months as I was in other country, I feel very burning, later I had yeast infection, Dr. Gave me 7 days vaginal suppository on 9th day I make love again feel burning, then my periods come after periods we make love on 7th day. Now again I have so much itching and burning in vulva seems like yeast infection symptoms again. Is there anything serious as in 15 days I get yeastt infection again this happened whenever I make love. Kindly guide?
My sister in law is pregnant and she is in her second month she is having so much stomach pain we show to doctor also n she has given an injection twice a time named inj proluton depot 250mg. Date of injection taken 25th april and other 30th april. Medicine given by doctor is tab innovfol.
My daughter ko period k baad neeche stomach me dard ho jate lagatar unbearable period k sirf 5 din theek rehte hai pl help age 25 years.
Hello Doctor! My Gf had an contraceptive pill for first time and 18th March and have been bleeding since yesterday morning. Bleeding has not been as much as periods. Is der any problem with it and suggest any precautions if any. Wen does the bleeding stop and will she have menstrual cycle as before on regular date. Is der any chance of pregnancy as such.
I am 28 year old women Mujhe ek ladki hui hai Jo 2 mahine ki hai Mai use dud pila rahi thi To mujhe mere boobs mai dard hone laga To mujhe pata chala ki mere ek boobs mai ganth si ho rahi hai jisse mujhe dard hai Ye kis Baje se hai Or mai kya karu.
My last period s date was 20 August and I had unprotected sex with my husband after 13 September regularly. Am I pregnant? Kindly guide me I don't want a baby.
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
Am 29 years old, unmarried. My virginity layer broken while cycling in gym. Am still virgin. Last month my bf just rubbed his pennis on my vagina but not at all penetrate inside and my vagina is tight dat a finger also cant penetrate till now. He dint release sperm but still am scared as some liquid cam frm him which is nt sperm fr sure. He dint rub near vagina. But still I dint get my periods. Mine is 45 days cycle irregular period but still am scared. It was first time. please suggest. Ll pregnancy happens without intercourse?
I had abortion and cleaning on 25 aug and till I don't h dates. Delay of dates after abortion is normal?
Hi, my wife had her period started 1st June till 3rd. We had sex on the following days 7th, 9th to 14th after a week she got all pregnancy symptoms. Her next period should occur by 29th, but today 27th, she started bleeding as usual. We were expected that she would have conceived but period came. What was the problem. We were married since 5 months.
I was getting intimate on 3rd September and my period date was 6th September but on 3rd September I take ipill and on 8th September my periods starts but this month I missed my periods I am pregnant? Or its late because of ipill.
Female dyspareunia refers to painful intercourse. It is estimated that 8 to 21% of women experience this at some point in their lives. Pain during or after intercourse is disturbing and restricts partners need for intimacy. It leaves the partners with an unpleasant experience and may lead to frustrations, anxiety and fear of sex. There is little awareness among couples about dyspareunia and thus a painful experience is sometimes confusing for the other partner and often invites fights and arguments rather than support and understanding.
Women with dyspareunia suffer pain in genitalia or deeper in the pelvis, vulva or vagina. It is more common among women after menopause; however, many women experience pain right from their first sexual attempt or just after initiation while some at deeper penetration.
Causes of Dyspareunia could be medical, psychosocial or both. Medical conditions can be cured but often there are underlying personal and psychological factors which need to be addressed usually by counsellors or sexologists.
Diagnosis of the problem begins with a physical examination of the vulva. Apart from this an internal pelvic examination may also be required. A doctor takes into account the nature, extent and duration of pain in determining possible causes and deciding the mode of treatment. During interaction with the patient, various other psychosocial factors are also revealed that must be addressed for holistic treatment.
Medical conditions that could cause pain during or after intercourse are many including lesions, thin skin, scar tissues or ulcers. Infections like UTI, herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis can also cause pain.
Treatment of infections is through drugs and creams.
- Apart from this, infections of the fallopian tubes or conditions like ovarian cysts, fibroids, tumours or endometriosis could be a reason for deeper and intense pain. In most of the cases, surgery is the option.
- Lack of oestrogen is another major cause for this type of pain. Oestrogen deficiency can cause lack of lubrication making vaginal area dry. This can cause painful friction during intercourse. Along with lubricants, an oestrogen treatment is given.
Apart from medical causes, fears or anxieties associated with sex can sometimes lead to pain. Lack of harmony in relationships can lead to loss of desire for sex leading to vaginal dryness and discomfort. A traumatic sexual experience of the past may also inhibit a partner to be at peace in the act and may invite psychosomatic problems. It is important for the partner to be sensitive and lend a hand of support. Understanding how a partner wishes to be caressed and touched and making efforts towards providing a sexually exciting experience can go a long way in removing partner’s inhibitions/fears and introducing positive sparks in the relationship. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.