Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PethammalYour feedback matters!
My perod date was jan28 untill now I have got my periods. I have checked sugar nest its normal ann my hemoglobin is less and my age is 20. How to get regula periods what measures I have to take.
Celiac disease is a condition in which the small intestine becomes sensitive and reactive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food. Gluten is a kind of a protein found in wheat or barley. In reality, if either of the partners is suffering from celiac disease then you are prone to fertility related issues.
Impact of Celiac disease
As compared to men, this disease is more common among women in general. Women suffering from the disease are generally more prone to infertility and other genealogical problems like preterm births and miscarriages. In the case of men, the disease causes the infertility problems including sperm abnormalities such as low count, abnormal shape, reduced function and such others. Additionally, men with the untreated celiac disease might also have reduced levels to testosterone.
Infertility and Celiac disease
Infertility is one of the lesser known effects of the celiac disease, which is relatively uncommon amongst people. The disease causes infertility by affecting the menstrual cycle among women either in a direct or indirect manner. Some of the infertility related problems caused due the disease are listed below.
- Delayed occurrence of menstruation
- Early menopause
- Secondary amenorrhea (a medical condition associated with sudden cessation of menstruation for 6 months or more)
- Hormonal disruptions and abnormal changes
Celiac disease is usually diagnosed by its own set of underlying symptoms such as chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), iron-deficiency anemia, and such others. Additionally, the condition can be diagnosed if a person is having repeated miscarriages or inability to conceive for unidentified causes.
What can you do about it?
If you experience symptoms of Celiac disease, consult your doctor at the earliest and follow the treatments and preventative measures suggested. Additionally, you can also consult a dietician who will help you to move on to a low grain or no grain diet that would help you further to avoid the disease.
My wife delivered a baby on 25 December 2015 but after delivery my wife period stopped. Please tell me that is a serious matter or not. She is feeling not well. She fells pain in whole body. How can again start the period. Please suggest me.
Sir, my friend (girl) period has started from last night and she is suffering from faint, she took one medicine then her period stopped again. If she doesn't take medicine she suffered so much whereas if she take medicine her period will stop again please advise us as soon as possible Thanks.
I am suffering from severe stomach pain during 1st day of my periods for the past 6 years. And dysentery too. When I checked with siddha doctor they told that I have polycystic in my ovaries and hormone imbalance.
In our 3 years marriage my wife got two miscarriage within two years. After that on doctor consultation we do all test like hsg also semen test. All these tests are now fine but since last 6 months we are trying to conceive but there is no result. Can yoy please help us.
Nasya is an Ayurvedic term, a procedure followed for disorders related to migraine, throat, nose, ear, sinusitis and any other organ above the neck. Ayurveda purifies these organs and removes vitiated doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment happens in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, nasal oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor made for disease related to ENT and Eye ailments. The treatment aims at getting the toxins removed from the neck and head region by administering oil through the nasal cavity. Other areas where Nasya can be applied to get good results include psychiatry, dentistry, and neurology.
Types of Nasya:
As per function, there are 3 different types of Nasya Brihmana nasya, Virechana nasya and Shamana nasya. As per quality, Nasya can be divided into 2 categories i.e. Pratimarsha nasya and Marsha nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
- Navana: When Nasya is meant for Shodhana or Snehana, it is termed as Navana. This is the most common type of Navana and is used for hair fall, headaches and bells palsy tinnitus.
- Pradhamana: This is a procedure where dry powders get blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include vacha, vidanga, maricha etc.
- Avapeedana: In this form of Nasys, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc.
- Dhooma: This form of Nasya has 3 subtypes- virechanik, prayogik and snehaik. In Dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fume from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in Nasya Karma:
Some common herbs that is used for preparing any nasya preparation include apamarg, vidanga, hingu, tulasi, maricha and lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of Nasya includes anu, narayana, marichyadi, guraadi, shadbindu etc. A common preparation of Nasya is known as guraadi that include herbs such as shunthi, pippali, and saindhava.
Benefits of Nasya treatment:
There are numerous benefits of nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
- It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin, and neck.
- The sensory organs become much stronger after nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks.
- Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular nasya treatment.
- Nasal medication also strengthens the visual site of a person.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.