Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Patturajan ManasayYour feedback matters!
Sir: I underwent angioplasty in 2011 by getting 2 stents inserted in my heart. I am ok now. But when do i need a full-scale scrutiny or check-up thru angiography or any other invasive or non-invasive surgery to know how are my arteries now? Thank you: .
When m work at home. After some time am facing problem to take air (oxizon). My heart is beating very fast. Aslo I have pain in my legs.
I am 17 years old and I have low blood pressure problem and weak health also please suggest me a way to I get good health.
My blood test report esr 28 tlc11. 60 abc main lymphocytes 4.11 kft test report phosphorus 5.50 cholesterol total 245 ldl 167 please tell my problem.
My father is 65 years old. He is sugar patiant. We done angiography from brahamananda hospital in jharkhand & found 3 blockage. Dr. Perwez alam suggest operation (by pass surgery). But we are not sure that it is good for dad or not. Please advice me what we do. Whole body swelling. Nd some dizziness in walking.
Can we control the blood pressure without medicine. I am having stationary blood pressure 140 from last 15 years. Should I take medicine.
Sir I am bypass patient since last 1 and half year. I am regularly doing pranaiyam for 45 minutes and 45 minutes walk daily. Right now I have both side leg pain near foot. I have also recently got lab report lipid profile is normal, B12 was some what 140 and Vitamin D 10. So doctor has advised me take Vitamin D spray for 3 time in a week for 1st time and then after once a week for 2 months. And for Vitamin B12 FDSON-MP tablet for 2 months. I have started those medicine since last week and still I feel some easiness. I am regularly taking heart medicine of Met xl-25 and Ecosprin gold 10. Daily once a day. So please suggest if the above is ok or I have to change some medicine or provide me some good food supplements to energize myself.
Health experts do believe, and are promoting the same nowadays, that eating right is the best step to control high blood pressure other than regular medications. Who knows, if you are strong enough to control your lifestyle and eating habits, you may not need a long term medication after some time. The blood pressure may lower down naturally with improving health and weight.
Factors that elevate blood pressure in the body-
Before suggesting the right eatables for lowering the blood pressure, let’s look at the conditions which actually increase the blood pressure. They are:
- A coronary heart disease
- Work pressure or family and relationship troubles
- Other medical conditions like diabetes, depression, etc.
Each one has a toll on the body with resultant High Blood Pressure. With eating right you may gain a lot of control on the body.
Here are some quick tips on eating right:
- Avoid excess salt intake. The more salt you take, the more sodium your body gets, and as a result BP elevates. When you eat readymade snacks, packaged foods and drinks with preservatives, check the nutritional information. Most of them contain high sodium. You may stop the intake of such foods or restrict them completely.
- Avoid oily and junk food. Avoid food with unsaturated or trans fats. These kinds of foods straightaway add to the fat deposits of the body, and make you obese or more obese. In such cases, the obesity and increased weight build a pressure on the heart to pump more, thus elevating blood pressure.
- Avoid excess caffeine. Caffeine comes in the body through coffee, tea, and aerated drinks. These beverages when restricted to only 1-2 intakes per day may help you lower the BP.
- Quit smoking, as this puts excess pressure on the lungs to breathe and thus the heart to pump.
- Avoid Alcohol. Avoid alcohol intake in excess amounts. Drinking more alcohol or frequent drinking can elevate BP.
Besides there are some good foods that can always help to lower or control BP. They are:
- Plain, fat-free yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
- White beans
- Pork tenderloins
- Small fishes like Tilapia
- Bell Peppers
These food items are designed by nature to reduce blood pressure or normalize blood pressure in the body. Hence, if you are trying heart and soul to eat right, then try these in your daily food to see positive results. Besides, exercising and reducing weight are the two other important steps to take, which complement the healthy diet and eating habits to lower the blood pressure with or without medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.