Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Patta Radhakrishna
Submit a review for Dr. Patta RadhakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have acidity gas & bloating but sometime make feel stomach is full even I take little amount food like muri with chanachur and feel weakness sometime. Pl suggest me.
I have Problem of Anal Fisher. But good thing is that I do not have a Bleeding problem. So please Suggest me. Cream or medicine for anal fisher. Bcoz.it is very painful during the stool in the morning. please reply me.
Hi gud evng I am 33 years old. My abdomen is in early morning is flat. It slowly becomes after breakfast producing gas. And my stomach changed like a balloon. And after eating any item starting pain in abdomen. Sometimes pain in under chest both side and side of abdominal and next it will come flat what's dis problem.
Is acute pancreatitis curable? 16 years, studying in school, no root cause found. No ball gladder stone, like others. He is veg. Kindly advice the life style, food, medicine etc for live. Thanks lot for hope valuable advice.
Hello. I am a 27 years old boy and following a vegetarian diet for the last 5 years. My meals often contains white rice, vegetables, pulses, kidney beans, chickpeas and chapatis. I drink milk, not daily, thrice in a week. Here, recently for the last 1 year I am suffering from bloating, three normal bowels in the morning with a gap of one hour. please suggest which are the nutrients I am lacking and what can I do more to increase my metabolism. Thank You.
Having some fat in your liver is legit. But, if you have too much of fat say more than 5%-10% of the organ's weight then you are at risk of getting fatty liver disease. At the onset, you can do one important thing to help your liver stop drinking. It causes fatty liver disease.
There are two main types of fatty liver disease
- Alcoholic liver disease or ALD
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease or NAFLD
- If you are a woman who is pregnant, you can also get the fatty liver disease.
Alcoholic Liver Disease (ALD)
- You can get ALD from drinking lots of alcohol. ALD can also present itself after a short period of heavy drinking.
- Genetics has a role to play in ALD. Genes can make you hit the bottle and increase your chances of becoming an alcoholic.
- Genes can also impact the way your body breaks down the alcohol you drink.
Other root causes of ALD are:
- Hep C doesn't cause ALD. it is one of the causes of fatty liver.
- Hep B is also a cause of fatty liver. There are certain medications which may be helpful from person to person besides lifestyle management.
- Excess iron in your body
Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
The cause of NAFLD is not clear, but we know that it tends to run in families.
NAFLD is also more common in the middle-aged and the obese or, those who have high cholesterol and diabetes.
Other risk factors are:
- Certain medicines
- Viral hepatitis
- Auto-immune or inherited liver disease
- Gaining weight fast
- Acute Fatty Liver during Pregnancy
- Fat can build up in your liver when you're pregnant, causing this kind of fatty liver disease.
- It’s a serious condition as it can be risky for both you and your baby. It can cause liver or kidney failure in you and your child, both.
- Causes are unknown. But, hormones may play a role.
Symptoms of the fatty liver disease
This disease can sometimes cause no symptoms for long. But, the things to look out for are-
- Feeling tired all the time
- Loss of appetite or weight
- General weakness
- Confusion and trouble concentrating
- Your liver can become larger
- Pain in the centre or right upper part of your belly
In ALD, your symptoms get worse after bouts of heavy drinking. A fatty liver disease is diagnosed during routine exams when your doctor notices your enlarged liver. Ultrasound, blood tests to check for certain enzymes and biopsy of the liver are performed to confirm it.
- There is no specific treatment for the fatty liver disease.
- You can manage it by managing your diabetes and giving up drinking. If you have ALD and you don’t quit, you get complications like alcoholic hepatitis or cirrhosis.
- Even if you have a non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, alcohol cessation helps.
- Losing weight if you are overweight also helps to manage this disease and having a good balanced diet with exercise also shows benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!