Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P Radha PandianYour feedback matters!
I am thin. According to my height I am thin. So I want to gain some weight. I tried many ways but still I can't increased my weight. please give me suggestion.
Sir I'm underweight I'm eating according to diet plan but I'm not getting result my height is 5 ft and 10 inch and my weight is approx 53-54 kg.
. M 21 years olds. My body weight is 60-63kg. And height 5ft 8 inches. I want to some natural protein diet for myself. As I am also doing 1 hour work out daily.
I am 15 years old i'm not able to have well sleep due to which I am suffering from headache and I also got fainted and felt weakness today while giving my exam. Please anyone tell me, what to do?
I met with an accident 4 months ago. But there is still little pain in my right leg knee. Please recommend me some exercise or homemade prescription.
I have knee problem please suggest to good home hospital for for me I have recently Mr. scan my knee doctored saying it is operation I am not interested in operation please suggest me.
I am very slim by 2-3 years my weight is not increasing how can I increase my weight and goes healthy.
I'm going my college last 2 years. My weight increase from 50 kg to 65 kg. So how do reduce my weight.
I am 22 years old. My weight is 35 wt can I do? So please tell me wt I should do? My parents and neighbours are scolding me.
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
Her legs have become energy less. She was admitted to hospital in Delhi but no reason could be found behind this restlessness in her legs.
My physical health is very weak how could I gain weight and stay fit any medical treatment or ayurvedic treatment have?
I eat sufficiently enough but I can't gain weight and muscles. Is the problem solvable. Or is it in my heredity to be thin.
Vitamin D is considered to be a very important nutrient. It plays a very important role in the development and maintenance of the bones of human body. Deficiency of vitamin D can cause several complications in the bone health such as rickets and osteomalacia.
Why athletes require vitamin D?
Vitamin D is vital for all human beings, but in the case of athletes, it is even more important. Athletes require stronger bones than normal people because they are subjected to much more physical exercise and stress. Athletes depend on their bones and their strength to perform well. Runners, gymnasts and all kinds of athletes who utilize their limbs require strong and healthy bones, in order to be more strong and stable and also for being less prone to bone injuries. Weak bones can easily crack or break during the activities carried out by an athlete and thus enough supply of vitamin D is very essential for the athletes. Stronger bones would enhance their overall body strength, which would have a positive effect on their performance.
In athletes, the limbs are subjected to extreme exertion and a lot of extra pressure is put on the bones. Proper vitamin D enrichment would make the bones function more efficiently. For all these reasons, proper intake of vitamin D is very essential, especially for athletes.
A primary source of vitamin D is sunlight. Adequate exposure to sunlight enriches you with vitamin D. Many athletes have to perform in severe heat conditions under a very bright sun, where direct exposure for a long time may cause sunburns. To avoid these, many athletes apply sunscreen to cover their exposed skin. Using sunscreen forms a layer on the skin through which sunlight cannot penetrate and thus the supply of vitamin D is restricted. Hence, athletes require more vitamin D from other sources.
How to get enough vitamin D?
To keep the bones extra strong and healthy, athletes should intake enough vitamin D. The major sources of vitamin D include:
- Natural vitamin D rich foods should be consumed regularly, which include fatty fish like salmon and mackerel, fish liver oil, egg yolks, beef liver and cheese. Food items fortified with vitamin D should also be consumed. They are orange juice, milk, yogurt and some cereals.
- Exposure to the sun is very important as the sunlight is rich in vitamin D. The exposure of the face, arms, back and legs to direct sunlight during mid-day, without using a sunscreen should be practised.
Vitamin D is responsible for keeping the bones strong and healthy. This is why athletes require sufficient vitamin D for better performance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.