Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P.M. GopinathYour feedback matters!
General emotional dejection and withdrawal; sadness greater and more prolonged than that warranted by any objective reason, may be seen as a diagnosis of depression. Other symptoms may include feelings of hopelessness, and or pessimism, feeling of guilt, irritability, and restlessness and loss of appetite. One foremost or cardinal sign of depression is a loss of interest in the objects or people previously liked and appreciated by the individual. With the blind race about possession of more and more resources, the rate of depression is growing high. A throat cut competitive environment at social and professional level is another reason behind stress anxiety and depression.
Though it's a truth that depression occurs because of arbitrary thought process, and counselling plays an important role in it, medicines are also often required. Ayurveda prescribes the wonderful solution in this regard.
- 1oleation and fomentation the therapies normally known as snehan and Sweden in Ayurveda. In this, whole body massage with medicated oil is done. After that whole body fomentation is performed. The massage relaxes the strained muscles. It removes fatigue and stiffness.
- 2 a full course of snehan, Sweden, mridu vaman and mental health promoters after that provides easy, early and long lasting relief from the annoying pain of stress and depression. The patient feels rejuvenated and comes out of low mood and helplessness.
Malaria is a disease that is caused by the bite of a certain mosquito or protozoan parasite. This can attack the red blood cells and is mainly found in tropical as well as subtropical areas. Until recently, there was little chance of recovering from this ailment. Yet, in today's day and age of great medical advancement, it has become possible to cure a patient suffering from this disease with the help of timely and proper diagnosis. This disease becomes even more complicated and problematic when it affects pregnant women.
The ways in which this disease can be treated during pregnancy is as follows:
- Medication therapy: If woman is found to be suffering from this disease in the second or third trimester of their pregnancy, they may be prescribed artemisinin-based therapy. This therapy can be used only if the pregnant lady is not suffering from any other kind of complications like heart conditions, diabetes and high blood pressure, during the pregnancy. This medicine is short-acting, with artemether or artesunate,which can greatly reduce the number of parasites that may have invaded the red blood cells.
- Other antimalarials: The treatment of this disease for pregnant women can also be done with the help of other antimalarials, which should typically be prescribed and administered in a clinical setting. These also include quinidine gluconate which can be used in place of the IV quinine in order to bring down the number of parasites in the body. This will lessen the attack on the red blood cells to a great degree. Lumefantrine tablets may also be used in such cases. Also, the doctor will have to first try a test dose to ensure that the patient is not allergic to any of the elements or compounds of these medicines.
- Monitoring: Pregnant women suffering from malaria will need to get their blood samples tested on a regular basis. The blood smears will usually be tested daily to check whether the body is responding adequately to the treatment. This will also ensure that the doctor knows when to change the dose or the drug involved.
- Diet and exercise: The patient will be asked to stick to the normal diet and activity levels. Yet, care must be taken to avoid any situation where fatigue might set in, as this can aggravate the condition. One must also increase the intake of water to ensure that the body is always well hydrated. This helps the body in bouncing back to normal as the toxins are continuously flushed out, and the immunity system is better equipped to fight the disease causing parasites.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.
Yes there was no development of fetus thats why it got clear with d&c it was about 2&half month. Nw tg thyroid is normal & I am taking thyronorm properly. From 2 month I am planning for pregnancy but getting period. Pls help.
We had sex yesterday. Without any protection but she is not ready For the baby. She had periods 16 days ago. So what are the chances or risk and what are the symptoms of pregnancy and a effective natural way to stop pregnancy after sex.
I have missed my periods for this month. My age is 16. I'm having pain in my stomach and headache as well. Though i'm virgin, I never had sex. So, please suggest what would might have the reason behind this and help me out. -Thankyou.
Trying to conceive from last 3 months but unable to get pregnant. But in these 3 months 1-2 days prior to period some brown clot is coming out n then periods comes. Also 4-5 days prior to period I am feeling very cold. 2-3 days prior to period I feel like doing lot of sex or love. If in case if anybody is getting pregnant then is there any white discharge every day or only during ovulation? It will be mine 3 years of marriage but except last 3 times ,we were not using any condom or contraceptive pills still why I am not getting pregnant. My periods are regular. Cycle is of 25 days. No medical issues.
Fluid retention is a crushing problem faced by many across the world. The condition can be well understood by paying close attention to its name; the propensity of the human body to store water or fluids in general in the tissues leading to a swollen and bloated appearance can be referred to as 'fluid retention', edema or hydropsy. An observant person must have seen signs of fluid retention in people around. The condition usually surfaces in the form of swollen limbs that can result in soft depressed pits on the application of slightest pressure. Your arms, legs, feet and joints such as the ankles and wrists are more prone to the effects of edema.
The various ways in which fluid retention can be disastrous for your body have been laid down here:
1. Edema can impair your ease while walking. A person goes through so much of pain that walking becomes more of a challenge; limping comes naturally in such a situation. Thus, your gait can completely change under the effect of fluid retention.
2. Fluid retention in the joints can make your joints excessively stiff. It therefore prevents free movement, stretching or bending.
3. There can be alterations in the texture and health of your skin over the affected area. It may turn tender and may itch intermittently.
4. Skin ulcers are also a common phenomenon among patients of edema. Ulcers in the skin are hard to remedy and it is hence best to curb the possibility of their development.
5. Tissues that now have a higher content of fluids are larger in size and face friction between one another. This leads to scarring of tissues.
6. Improper blood circulation is a condition that comes along with edema. The blood vessels narrow down when tissues swell up. As a result, there is a sharp decrease in the amount of blood circulated throughout one's body.
7. Veins, arteries and joints lose their inherent elasticity in this case. Subsequently, expansion and contraction of joints may not take place involuntarily and may thus cause immense discomfort. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Mujhe period problem hai. Period mujhe time per nahi aate ab mujhe last 3 month se period nahi aaye hai so what I can do please tell.
We are not planned for kids at the moment, When should I participate in sex after her date, Can you please mention specific time period in a month.
Hey .is it safe to eat abortion kit again 2 Tme. May I got pregnant again Whn I am ready for my pregnancy .is it safe to use abortion kit again and again. How can I abort 1mnth pregnancy at home? Or I should get medical abortion to stop this pregnancy?
My husband is of age 35. We are planning for kids. We are consulting the doctor she suggests us to be together during egg release. But My husband is not able to participate regularly. If we have intercourse on one day he is not able to do on next consecutive day. Please suggest .
How to increase chances of normal delivery?
A normal birth or a normal delivery takes place when the uterus contracts strong enough to push the baby out of the vagina. This mode, being agonizingly painful; however, is also one of the safest and healthiest means of giving birth. When the child passes through the birth canal, they acquire healthy bacteria which build up their immunity.
In few cases, the normal birth process faces few obstacles owing to which an assisted delivery method has to be approached. This includes an episiotomy, forceps delivery, ventouse delivery, induction, as well as c-section.
If you wish to avoid the above mentioned methods of assistance during your delivery, then go through the following content of the article to learn about certain ways of attaining a normal delivery.
1. Perineal massage:
A perineal massage once or twice a week during the end days of pregnancy can reduce your chances of having an episiotomy, if you are about to deliver for the first time. However, such a massage would be of no use if you have already given birth to a baby vaginally.
2. Early labour at home:
Many women tend to head to the hospital during early hours of labour. However, such an act increases the incidence of c-section. During early hours of labour, staying at home until active contractions begin is much more appropriate than the former act.
3. Mobility during early labour:
The early hours of labour require mobility such as walking, squatting or turning sides when resting. With your body moving, the baby shall also acquire some mobility enough to help itself through the birth canal.
4. Control your weight:
Throughout your gestation, you need to check for your weight and keep it under control. Gaining too many kilos can result in obstructed labour, which in turn shall call the need for an instrumental assistance.
5. Hot shower:
During the early hours of labour, dipping yourself in a tub filled with warm water can make some really effective means of controlling pain. The pain eases off a bit while the uterus contracts and does its job. If you do not have a tub, then take a shower with warm water instead.
6. Avoid panicking:
At the hospitals, women who fail to achieve proper uterine contractions are offered induction of labour via administration of oxytocin. This is a hormone, which is actually released naturally in the body when the time of delivery approaches. However, stress can produce adverse affects on the body’s oxytocin production. Hence, try to stay calm and relaxed when you are approaching your time of delivery.
- A person having weight below the range that is considered normal as per his/her height and age is believed to be underweight. Many persons may be underweight simply because of their genetic makeup. Others may be underweight because of other factors such as eating less or taking a diet insufficient in nutrients. There are a few medical conditions that make a person lose weight and fall in the underweight category. These medical conditions include ibs (irritable bowel syndrome), hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), tuberculosis, crohn’s disease, and liver problems. A person who is stressed or depressed may also lose weight.
- Homeopathic medicines are extremely helpful for persons looking to gain weight. Homeopathy offers a wide range of medicines that can help underweight persons gain weight in a healthy way. The selection of homeopathic medicines for gaining weight is based on individual case presentation. The medicines help gain weight while at the same time building immunity. In fact, homeopathic medicines work by correcting the underlying medical condition that has caused the weight loss in the first place, thereby improving the overall health condition of the person concerned.
Hello physchartist Dr. When I conceived 4 weeks preg. I was missed by new guy Dr. Said new dna cannot incorporate but then also I'm worried always keep. On thinking the same thing while. Sleep. Getting shivered. I can not face my husband he is such a lovely person expecting baby for 5 yrs. Now I'm going to deliver baby but i am n mood stress. How to relive from this Please help me.
Indians have always been known for their passion of food, which is usually rich and creamy. With the recent calorie consciousness setting in, the Indian foods are also blamed for being rich in calories. It is therefore time to take a step back and watch the calories that you are packing with each meal.
Listed below are some common Indian foods, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, and their corresponding caloric value. The next time you plan your meal, take a conscious decision based on your overall health. This does not mean you should not relish these exotic dishes. Make sure if you have had a ghee-laden gaajar ka halwa, make sure to burn that extra calories by extending your gym time.
- Chicken curry: This popular dish with curry, chicken, and other spices like ginger, saffron and other spices contain about 600 kcal for a serving.
- Daal: About 300 g of cooked dal has about 350 kcal. The good news with daal is that gives the maximum amount of proteins, especially for non-meat eaters.
- Biryani: A bowl of vegetable biryani contains about 550 kcal while chicken biryani gives about 800 kcal. Again, this depends on the additional ingredients like the amount of ghee or oil used and other ingredients.
- Korma: While the chicken korma gives up to 900 kcal, a bowl of vegetable curry gives about 350 kcal.
- Samosas: A meat samosa has about 320 kcal, while a vegetable samosa has about 250 kcal.
- Chole bature: This fried food with big sized puris and chickpeas pack in about 450 kcal per serving.
- Pav bhaji: Another popular evening snack with fried bread and gravy, this has loads of butter applied to the bread and so it is not surprise that you add about 450 kcal with a plate of pav bhaji.
- Jalebi: This popular Indian sweet is made by deep-frying wheat-flour batter in circular shapes and soaking it in sugary syrup. Whether eaten hot or cold, it gives you about 460 kcal per serving. Add a spoonful of rich creamy rabdi to it and there would be another 150 kcal.
- Ras malai: This rich creamy sweet is extremely popular in Northern parts of India and provides about 250 kcal per serving
- Halwa: If loaded with ghee, a cupful of carrot halwa can give you about 250 kcal.Onion pakoras: This popular spicy snack contains deep fried gram flour and onions and packs in about 200 kcal when 3 pieces are eaten.
Now that you know how much calories some of your regular foods are carrying, make a mental note of all the foods you are eating on a daily basis, and make sure it does not cross about 2000 per day.
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle disease, which happens when your body is not able to produce the insulin hormone or does not know how to use it in the right way. In such a scenario the glucose remains in the blood, and causes your blood sugar level to shoot up. It is a common knowledge that diabetes is a home for other diseases. Therefore managing it or preventing it is of utmost importance and in order to the same, one has to focus on the overall health and fitness of your body.
But managing diabetes is a challenge that most patients face every day. This is because there are so many aspects to be kept in mind right from workout to food to stress and general health, all of which work together to help you maintain the right blood sugar levels.
Here goes a holistic approach to aid you manage diabetes:
- Keep a record of the food you consume: When you are learning to control the level of blood sugar in your body, it would be very helpful if you maintain a journal of what food items you are eating every day. This will make it easier for you to monitor your diet and even if you indulge in some delicious savory, you can easily bring about a balance by eating the right amount of healthy fruits & vegetables for the following days.
- Exercise daily: Make exercise a part of your daily routine and empower yourself to fight diabetes. Types of exercises you can follow are brisk walking, basic weight training to boost your strength, swimming and yoga. Yoga postures which are highly beneficial in managing diabetes are Pranayam (deep breathing exercises), vajrasana, chakrasana, etc. which either enhance the insulin secretion or glucose utilisation.
- Be careful about your feet: Diabetes can lead to neuropathy and in the worst case, it may cause injuries in feet that go in-noticed because low pain sensation. Therefore, proper foot care is critical. You should wash your feet regularly with cold water and pat dry with a clean, dry towel & do make it a point to inspect the feet in front of a mirror. If there is a nerve damage along with numbness, you may notice blisters, sores, bruising, swelling, calluses or skin breakage. Thus, you will have to be very careful while inspecting your feet every day.
- Get rid of extra belly fat to reduce insulin resistance: It is a vicious circle, as extra belly fat can eventually lead to insulin resistance and insulin resistance can eventually lead to weight gain, but in order to manage and control diabetes it is important that this chain must be broken. Therefore, daily exercise of minimum 20 - 30 mins is very much required. to help you get rid of belly fat and control diabetes.
- Control Blood Pressure & Cholesterol if high: Diabetes is a host of diseases and diabetic people will eventually suffer from high blood pressure and cholesterol problem. Diabetes is a major reason of artery damage, which in turn leads to high blood pressure. In order to, maintain a healthy heart and to prevent yourself against any cardiovascular diseases it is important that you keep you cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
- Get the right treatment for sleep apnea and sleepiness during the day: Sleep apnea refers to a condition that causes breathing interruptions numerous times in a day. It is triggered by faulty signals coming from your brain or due to blocking of the airway by soft tissues present in your throat. People affected with sleep apnea are more likely to have this disorder, which leads to insulin resistance and may also be called a roadblock for controlling diabetes.
- Brush and floss on a daily basis: When you are not able to control your diabetes level, it can lead to high level of glucose in the blood. Also, it can increase the level of glucose in the saliva, which in turn paves the way for a surge in tooth decay. Also, having diabetes makes it difficult for an infection to heal and thus, if you develop a gum disease, it may become very hard for you to get rid of it. So, if you make a habit of brushing and flossing regularly, you would be able to maintain good oral hygiene and save your teeth and gums from developing any disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.