Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. ArunachalamYour feedback matters!
My mother causes from heart it will higher problem of high blood pressure due to this its left hand were felt with pain so hardly . Please gave me solution what can I do . The doctor said that the medicine are work but I felt that the medicines are not work when its hand were pained . So please give me solution of that.
I m 19 years old. Without any anxiety, 3 times my blood pressure was recorded in previous week on different days. Each time it was about 134/84. Is it the symptoms of hypertension? If it is so what precautions should I take?
I am 19 years old and I am suffering from chest pain everyday. I consulted with many doctors but no relief. What should I do to get relief from this pain?
I am 24 year old. Whenever I take spicy food, little bit not too much spicy still I am suffered from acidity and also a burning sensation? I have done all test like whole abdomen ultrasound or liver function test, but all reports are normal so what should I do? Please help me.
Today I was in stress. At 10: 30 am my bp was 170/92, at 11: 30 am it was 142/90 and at 12:00 am it became 135/90, is this any thing serious. Kindly help me.
I have right chest pain since a week. Is this the symptom of any heart related disease or what it is?
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
I have a very high count of triglycerides. Can someone suggest me what type of foods cause it to increase? and please suggest some foods that I can eat to reduce the triglycerides count please? thank you in advance.
Sir I m suffering form a intense pressure. I have to decrease my height but is there any way to do it please tell I m frustrated with my height.
My husband age 42 yrs got heart pain in 2010 and Dr. Diagnosed mild AR of heart due to rheumatic heart disease and a little effect of left side paralysis but blood clot dissolved. He also gone through the ballooning of mitral valve of heart in SGPI Lucknow in 1994. Now 3 days back he he felt vertigo and high bp 120/170. Dr. Prescribed Amlodipine combination and bp is normal But right now feeling very weak. What should I do?
I am 27 years old with pregnant of 28th weeks, my bp level is currently up and down between 100/60 to 138/94 and weigth 50 kgs. What can I do to controling the bp level?
My blood pressure always increase right now it is 185/85. Taking med. Eritel LN40 Remylin D and Lycopy. please suggest.
My name is ravi. I am 29 years old. I has the habit of smoking regularly from last 10 years. I am suffering from severe cough and chest pain from last 2 months. What should I do now. Please help me with your suggestion.
I am male 54 yrs old. I develop chest pain when I walk. It starts after about 5-7 mins and gradually increases upto 22 mins after which I get used to it and then carryon walking for 35-45 mins without difficulty. This is happening for last 5 yrs now. Cardiologist has got tests done, ECG, Echo Cardiogram, Chest X-RAY, CT angio, all are negative. cholesterol is 210-220, Triglycerides 175. Height 5'-9" weight 80-82 kgs. I do not have sound sleep until aided by medicine, I have history of fainting for short time from my childhood even recently about 2 yrs ago. How to get relief of this pain? Is it a case of neurologist or psychiatrist?
I am suffering from high blood pressure & knee pain for the last 15 years, and erection problems for more than 3 years.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.