Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P. Arunachalam
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. ArunachalamYour feedback matters!
I am Having a hole in heart of 24 mm as diagnosed by the doctors. We need urgent help. Please put us in light on this.
Hi, can you please see this report and tell me. Total cholesterol-243, HDL-33, LDL-166, triglycerides-251, VLDL cholesterol-502, non HDL cholesterol-209.9. Can you please see is there any problem.
Hypertension problem for last 6 month taking antihypertensive drugs and buprenorphine for last 4 years.
My mother is 48 and is suffering from high blood pressure issues from last 10 years. She was taking medicines and her bp remained in control most of the times but from last one week her bp is raised to 170/120 and remains same almost all of the time. Even medicines seem not helping. All this started to happen when her doctor changed her bp medicines. She is having Telvas bh. Her weight is 75 kgs and she has high cholesterol level. Please suggest some effective remedy.
In family heart related problems is heredity for eg blockages n dad is told to take care What precautions should he take.
My BP was 210/90 during treadmill Test. My normal BP is 132/90. sometimes heavy exercise it goes to 145/100 after fortnight it was 130/90. I need medicine for BP or this is a normal situation?
In my daughter's heart there is a hole doctors say will operate it after 2 year. how do I take care of my baby.
My mom has high BP from last 5 months. She will take Amlotin 5 mg tablets daily. Ten days back she fell down and broke her left hand and she went to relatives house and due to lack of tablets in that place she took some other tablet i.e. Amlotin + Atenolol 50 mg. For 3 days. She then felt sick with vomiting and her BP gone to 180. She went to hospital and the doctor gave an injection and then her BP went to 150. And the doctor asked her to continue her regular medicine i.e. Amlotin 5 mg. But from that day daily she is not well her eyes are rotating always and fainting. Her right hand is shivering and her legs automatically moving away. And her right side of her head is rotating severely even while lying on bed. What might be the reason for all these symptoms. Please suggest me what to do.
Vascular disorders are disorders of the vessels in your body that carry either blood or waste products. The vascular system consists of the arteries (that carry blood away from the heart), veins (that carry blood to the heart) and lymph vessels (that carry waste products to be excreted from the body). The various diseases of the vascular or circulatory system are:
- Peripheral Artery Disease: Peripheral arteries carry blood to the various organs and tissues in the body. Accumulation of cholesterol and fat in the vessels narrow the pathway for the blood to flow. This can impair blood flow to the tissues in the body and cause complications. Various medications used to lower cholesterol and blood pressure can also be used for peripheral artery disease.
- Buerger's Disease: This disease causes obstructions in the veins and arteries in the legs. This can hamper blood supply in the toes and the feet. It causes pain and may require amputation in severe cases. Treatments for this disease include smoking cessation and medications to dilute blood vessels.
- Aneurysm: An aneurysm is swelling in the blood vessel walls; it usually occurs in the aorta. The artery walls become fragile and are placed under a lot of stress; this may lead to a sudden rupture of the aortic vessels. This disorder is usually treated by surgical procedures.
- Peripheral Venous Disease: Peripheral venous disease is characterized by damage to the valves that allows blood to flow in a single direction. Damaged valves can cause blood to flow backwards and therefore, accumulate. Treatments for this disorder are incorporating certain lifestyle habits such as quitting smoking and alcohol.
- Blood clots in the veins: Blood clots may occur in the veins present inside the muscles of the thighs and lower legs which lead to deep vein thrombosis. You may be prescribed anti-coagulants, also known as blood thinners, to treat this disorder.
People with diseases such diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney failure can be more likely to have vessel problems. Working with vibrating tools, being in cold temperatures, and smoking can worsen vascular problems. Causes of vascular disorders usually fit into one of 5 groups:
- Traumatic, which occur after injury
- Compressive, which occur when the pipes flatten
- Occlusive, which occur when pipes are blocked
- Tumors (growths) or malformations (deformed, tangled pipes), which may or may not be present at birth
- Vessel spasms, which occur when abnormal control of vessels causes them to narrow
Symptoms of vascular disorders can include:
- Abnormal color changes in the fingertips
- Ulcers or wounds that do not heal
- Hand problems when in cold temperatures or locations
- Numbness or tingling of the fingertips
- Cool or cold fingers and/or hands
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Symptoms can be absent in diabetic patients, presentation can be only giddiness or sweating or just nausea vomiting.
So never ignore these symptoms.
Like I always say early diagnosis is key to better treatment and recovery. Rejoice:)