Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Osama Almandel
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Osama AlmandelYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, once I was suffering from chicken pox virus. So I want your advice how to remove the black spots from my body. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, Does rubbing tomato/egg white/lemon on face helps in improving face color. Or can diprovate-S be used as substitute for same cause. Please suggest. Thanks.
I want to ask any good medicine for face spot aur clear dead skin, what should I do for care it, which kind of food I need to take.
What causes fine lines and wrinkles near eyes I'm 18 and I've got fine lines and wrinkles it looks horrible when I smile and my I 've got black circles though please help me to get rid of this I don't even smoke or consume caffeine.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered after menopause, which causes hyperpigmentation.
How to fight against It:
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am diagnosed prostate enlargement and doctor prescribed silodal D8 for 3 months. Whether I will be alright after 3 months.
My wife is 64 years ole. She is diabetic and taking both short acting and long acting insulin. She has kidney problem and present creatine level is 7 and urea 70. She is getting skin boils all over the body which is hitching and painful ( doctors say uremia). She under peritonial dialysis every day(apd). How to bring down creatine level and cure her skin problem.
"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." - famous quote by the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates, often known as 'the father of medicine'. He used to prescribe garlic to treat a variety of medical conditions.
Garlic is low in calories and high in nutrients, containing vitamin C, vitamin B6, fiber, manganese and selenium. It contains a compound known as allicin, which has been proved to prevent blood clotting, lower cholesterol levels, and found to have antibacterial properties. This very spice is a natural immunity booster that helps the body fight infections.
From consuming raw garlic cloves to adding them for flavors, every application of this spice comes with a host of health benefits. And, sipping a cup of garlic tea every morning is known to work wonders on your body.
Benefits of Garlic Tea
- Keeps Heart Healthy: LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) is a bad cholesterol and is known to spell doom for the heart as it triggers Arteriosclerosis. Daily consumption of garlic tea can help lower down the LDL levels significantly, keeping the heart healthy and disease-free.
- Boosts Immunity: Garlic, scientific name Allium sativum, contains the active compound Allicin. Allicin comes packed with antibacterial and antifungal properties and is known to strengthen the immune system significantly. Thus, a cup of garlic tea can help shield the body from various harmful infections and pathogens.
- Aids Weight Loss: Garlic tea stimulates the metabolism, which can increase passive fat burning and aid weight loss efforts, while also partially suppressing the appetite.
- Improves Respiratory System: If cold, cough, chest or sinus congestion and related complications are giving you sleepless night, a cup of garlic tea is all that you need to keep all these problems at bay.
- Slows Down The Skin-aging Process: Skin aging can be quite frustrating. But not anymore. Laden with antioxidants, vitamin A, C, B1, and B2, garlic tea protects the skin from the oxidative damage triggered by the free radicals, thereby slowing down the skin-aging process considerably.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Research suggests that garlic has anti-carcinogenic properties. Thus, drinking a cup of garlic tea early in the morning (on empty stomach) can work wonders to prevent different types of cancer.
- Keeps Your Liver Healthy: Drink a cup of garlic tea daily and your liver will thank you for long. Garlic contains Allicin and Selenium, both of which play a pivotal role in keeping the liver healthy.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Many people with a high blood pressure have benefited immensely from drinking garlic tea.
Things To Be Taken Care Of:
- For maximum benefits and to ensure that the activity of Allicin remains intact, always chop the garlic cloves and wait for at least 10 minutes before heating it.
- Though it is extremely beneficial, an excess of garlic consumption may give rise to complications such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn, dizziness, to name a few. So, make sure to consume it in moderate amount.
Preparing Your Cup Of Health:
The preparation of garlic tea is no herculean task. In fact, it is much easier than finding a coffee shop that offers it on the menu.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
Method of preparation
Step 1 – Put the finely chopped cloves into the water and bring it to boil.
Step 2 – Turn off the heat and add honey & lemon to the tea, stir it well.
Your garlic tea is ready to be served. If you are taking any medications, talk to our experts & get a consultation before increasing your garlic consumption.