Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nithyaa Ramamurthy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithyaa RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I am running in my sixth month of pregnancy. My blood pressure sudden falls very low am also on bed rest coz of minimum length of cervix pls suggest yoga to come over from bp low and also suggest me that what are the bad effects of bp low during pregnancy.
Stages of pregnancy:
The duration of pregnancy is divided into 3 trimesters of about three months each. The mother’s body undergoes changes to adapt to the growth of child inside her womb, and prepares it for birthing and lactation.
It has been 9 month to my marriage and now we are trying to conceive baby but we are not able to do that before 4-5 month my sperm count was amazing and motility was also very great but I have done my semen analysis some day ago and I found less thn 10 % of my motile sperm and pus cells also and epithelial in full amount so plzz suggest me something.
I'm 32 year old unmarried woman. Since last 4-5 months I have been experiencing light menstrual flow though I get my period 6 days before every month. So it's not irregular but flow is lighter than normal.
Hi am 22 years girl I was married. Some water bubbles in my stomach some doctors said pregnancy problems during for this. Kindly advice.
Just had my periods The colour is dark red n magenta type Also its more paining than usual near the uterus area. What can be the possible cause. Any home remedies if possible to control all this.
Hello am 33 weeks pregnant .I had a white patches around my neck. Is it curable? .I met Dr. he advised clotrimazole cream 10 g. It's spread to my whole body I was so disturb could you help me..
In Ayurveda Cervical spondylosis is discussed as “GRIVA SANDHIGATA VATA”.
Cervcical spondylosis the most common disorder of the cervical spine.
Cervical spondylosis is a term used for age related wear and tear affecting the bones (vertebrae),joints and discs of the neck (cervical spine),usually occurs in men and women older than 40 and progresses with age,men usually develop it in earlier age than women.With the increase of age discs gradually breakdown and become stiffer as a result of which body reacts and develops bony growths (osteophytes) these osteophytes put pressure on the on the spinal nerve roots or spinal cord resulting in pain.
CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS-AYURVEDIC CONCEPT
According to Ayurveda the Vata, the principle of movement is the predominant function with the skeleto-muscular system and the nervous system. Problems relating to these systems are predominantly caused by vitiated Vata. The vitiation of vata is caused by two mechanisms. One of them is obstruction to vata due to malfunctioning of kapha and pitta. The other one is increase of vata independently (the degenerative problems). The sacrum is situated in the Vata area of the body and this disease is caused by aggravated Vata and ama (toxins), which cause stiffness and reduce mobility in this area. Treatment involves detoxification and elimination of ama and also a Vata pacifying diet, lifestyle and herbal preparations.
1.Basic cause of cervical spondylosis is age related wear and tear.
2.Most of the people show age related wear and tear in the age of thirty as evidenced by x-rays but symptoms does not appear until later ages of life.
3.Drying and loss of elasticity in the spinal and cervical disks
4.Bulging and sometimes herniation of disks so that disk material protrudes from between two vertebrae
5.Stiffening of the ligaments connecting neck bones and muscles
Cervical spondylosis is caused by chronic degeneration of the cervical spine, the cushions between the neck vertebrae, and joints between the bones of the cervical spine. A previous neck injury can predispose to a person to cervical spondylosis.
The signs and symptoms of cervical spondylosis are:
- A stiff, painful neck
- Shoulder, arm or chest pain
- Tingling and pinprick sensations in the arms, hands, legs or feet
- Numbness and weakness in the arms, hands, legs or feet
- Lack of coordination
- Difficulty walking
- Abnormal reflexes
- Loss of bladder or bowel control, or urinary or bowel retention
INVESTIGATION AND DIAGNOSIS
Your symptoms and history, along with an examination, may suggest that you have cervical spondylosis. You may also have imaging tests. The workup may include:
Neck flexibility assessment.
. Cervical spondylosis limits the range of motion in your neck. To observe this effect, your doctor may have you tilt your head toward each of your shoulders and rotate your neck from side to side.
To find out if there’s pressure on your spinal nerves or spinal cord, your doctor will test your reflexes and make sure you have sensation all along your arms and legs. He or she may watch you walk to see if spinal compression is affecting your gait.
Neck or spinal X-ray.
An X-ray may show abnormalities, such as bone spurs, that indicate cervical spondylosis.
Computerized tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
These tests may help your doctor determine the extent of damage to your cervical spine.
Home Remedies For Cervical Spondylitis
- Use Cow’s ghee in your food. It is a best natural “Vata” reliever and gives nourishment to the nerves and other body parts.
- 1 tablespoonful of Turmeric should be consumed once every day, after boiling it in milk for half an hour. It is a very useful herbal treatment for cervical spondylitis.
- Constipation must be avoided at all costs. Constipation may increase pain in Cervical Spondylitis.
- Herbs have divine healing powers and they have the ability to cure any disease from the root. They were gifted to us by God when he created life. So believe in God if you want to get rid of your problems!
- Ayurvedic herbs are unique natural remedies for Cervical Spondylitis. Ayurvedic principles are different in many ways from modern medicine for example - Drinking water from a copper pan after keeping it overnight is also very useful in Rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylitis.
- Consuming castor oil at night with milk or alone is a very useful herbal remedy for arthritis, especially rheumatoid arthritis and Cervical Spondylitis.
- Improve your nutrition as the first step.It plays an important role to fight diseases. When nothing works, nutrition works a lot!
- Use herbal juices like Aloe vera juice (Kumari Saar) and Amla Juice ( Amla Saar) in routine. Amla is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Vitamin C improves the natural immunity of the body. 100 gm of Amla juice contains 30 times more vitamin C than 100 gm of oranges.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE
Diet Sour things particularly curd, are strictly prohibited. Fried things, pulses and various preparations of pulses are also contra- indicated in this condition. Bitter vegetables like bitter variety of drumstick, neem flowers, and bitter gourd are very useful. Wheat is better than rice for the patient.
- Exposure to cold , cold bath and any violent exercise of the neck muscles, including pressure, are very bad for the patients. Under the impression that this pain is being caused by some defects in the muscles, people undertake different types of neck exercises.
- While reading and writing, one should maintain a comfortable posture.
- Morning walk gives some relief to the patient, but if it is cold outside the patient should always use a woollen scarf around his neck while going out of the house.
- For mild neck pain or stiffness:
- Take a long, hot shower every day
- Wear a cervical collar (which you can buy in a drugstore) during the day
Terms like ileostomy and colostomy really sound a bit too scientific, don’t they? Well, it is true that may seem to be pretty scary to almost anybody who is not professionally familiar with them! That being said, it is quite important to know what these things are, as it is always good to be informed of things like these. After all, one never knows when he or she may need to consider the possibility of having one.
The similarity which exists between these two procedures is due to the fact that both of them require the surgeon to cut an opening into the intestine from the skin of the abdominal wall. To be more specific about each of the procedures, the ileostomy involves the removal of the entire colon as well as the rectum of the person who is undergoing it. When this operation is performed, the small intestine’s end is adapted so as to expel the faeces which are produced as a result of the digestive process.
Now, this does seem like quite a daunting prospect, does it not? Well, it does and with good reason as it is really not a small matter, at all. That is why the surgery is performed on people who suffer from diseases such as Crohn's disease, who have a condition in which entire sections of their gut cannot be linked in a proper manner!
On the other hand, a colostomy refers to a follow-up surgery to a colectomy, in which the surgeon creates an opening which is known as a stoma. A colectomy is when there is a removal of a part of the large intestine. In many cases of colostomies being performed, they are intended to be temporary in nature.
Now, taking into account just how serious these operations are, a person may wonder just what unfortunate thing needs to happen to warrant a surgery of this sort to be performed! Well, essentially, if there is an occurrence of bowel cancer which is significantly bad, then there may be a need which arises as a result of the same.
Advanced medicines do have some interesting facts; contrary to what most people think, a stoma does not hurt. This is because there are no nerves in the area! While a person may hopefully never need either surgery performed on oneself, that surely does not mean that awareness about them should not be widespread. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.