Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithyaa RamamurthyYour feedback matters!
Iam female 42 yrd old iam suffering with bone pains, periods coming regular with less bleed, knees pain even I climb four steps also, now from one week tendays iam suffer ing with itching on body full body its very irritating.
Im 23 weeks pregnant and having vaginal yeast infection. The yeast infection was confirmed by a vaginal swab. There is no itching or burning sensation but there is whitish/yellowish thick discharge. My doc has prescribed Onabet V1 but Im not sure if its safe during during pregnancy or not. I was also given canesten cream to apply locally. Should I use onabet V1? Will it affect my baby?
We have been trying to conceive from four months now, from the very first month I got my periods delayed by 15 days and went on delaying all this months for about a week. I have also taken follicular study in which one egg was ruptured and was ready to get fertilised according to my gynaecologist. But now am on my periods after missing it for 5 days. My thyroid test were also normal. I wanted to know what is wrong with me, y am I not conceiving when also the tests are normal?
I was 5 week pregnant as on 8 sep 2016 (I had calculated based on my last period date 3rd aug 2016 and no period had taken place on 3rd sep 2016 ), I have taken MTP kit having 5 tab one mifepristone and 4 nos. 200 mg Misoprostol by diluting in water ,In diluted mifepristone I had a pain and after taking diluted Misoprostol (2 Tab) I started bleeding, then also I took 2 more diluted Misoprostol, My bleeding continued till 8-9 days (Stating heavily and gradually lighter) After that I did not went for ultrasound or pregnancy test KIT or any test as it was not possible for me as each & everyone knows my family in surrounding. After 2 week I was in doubt (because I use to feel nausea some times and back pain) that whether my pregnancy is still ON or has been stopped, to make it 100 % sure after two week (7th Week) again I took 2 Misportal only diluted in water ,Now I am feeling that my belly has come out for 0.5 inch approx. And again I am worried that the diluted medicine I had taken, worked or not. My Query is that Can I repeat the course of MTP Kit (5 Tab) once again in same process (By Diluting in water), If my pregnancy is ON then now It is 8.5 week as if now. Pls reply urgently as delay in response may lead to difficulty in taking decision.
I am 23 years old Female. I am straight but the problem is I don't feel comfortable to allow my boyfriend to kiss. I feel uncomfortable when he touch me and also I don't ever fantasize myself doing something sexual with a boy. How should I overcome my problem that I have currently? Is it normal to have such anti-kiss or anti-touch feeling? Being a girl what should I do? I feel nasty when I think of kissing a boy? Note: I am not a lesbian. I am a straight girl.
I am 30 years old female i went to infertility hospital they said cyst should be gon to start the ivf process it well go naturally pl tell me or any food advice.
Me 2 months pregnant hu. Mujhe bahut jayda vomit hoti h, aur lower abdominal pain bhi. Do baar spot bhi aa chuke hai. Please tell me what should I do? Please advise.
Hello I am 24 years old and my problem is there is a boil pimple type something happened in right labia near clitoris please suggest what to do its very painful?
My boyfriend bit my nipples and pulled it. This was my first experience. Now my nipples are paining too much. What should I do.
I think I am having vaginal infection. There is a white thick liquid coming out of my vagina, the area is red and etching is also there. But I am having my periods so should I visit a doctor or not ? I mean in periods how will she examine me ?
I am 21 years old. And m not getting periods since 3 months. Ek Baar aur Aisa hua tha. Then Dr. ne muje primolut n prescribe Kiya tha. Uske Baad se every 2 months period hota h. But dis time 3 months ho Gaye. please tell me something any medicine or home remedy.
Hi Dr. I wanted to know, how many days after delivery does the bleeding continue, does it feel heavier on vagina when it bleeds.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.