Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nithya SrivatsanYour feedback matters!
Hello, doctor my gf miss her periods this time even we doesn't have any physical contact. From last month she got their periods but this month her date is 23 june but till now she doesn't get her periods now. So pls hlp us what we do now. Thanks.
The name 'fast food' comes from the fact that it can be prepared and served in a jiffy and not to mention, tastes delicious. Don't be fooled by the smell and the taste, they have such little to no nutritional value that they can hardly be called food. They are rich in calories, fat and sugar that lead to various kinds of health conditions. Popular junk foods include gums, sweets, carbonated drinks, desserts, dried foods; you probably love them now but after knowing their effects on your health you might want to eliminate them from your diet. Here are some of the conditions which can be caused by consumption of excessive fast food:
- Heart diseases: Fast food contains high amounts of trans or saturated fats that can clog your arteries and lead to high level of cholesterol later in life. People who have junk food more than four times a week increase their risk of dying by 80%.
- Obesity: Adolescents who have poor eating habits are at high risk of being obese. Gaining a lot of weight beyond a recommended proportion can cause many health problems. Junk foods have sugar and calories that lead to weight gain. It has also been noticed that people who are prone to eating more fast foods are less likely to consume fruits and vegetables and this further weakens their immune system.
- Peptic Ulcer: Peptic ulcer is a disease that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract; it is acidic in nature and causes extreme stomach ache. Spicy oily and salted food combined with stress and alcohol can lead to this condition.
- Diabetes: Busy work schedule prevents many people from cooking at home and they take resort in fast food but it is advisable not to let work get in the way of your health. Consuming regular fast food coupled with poor lifestyle and lack of exercise lead to obesity which in turn cause Type 2 diabetes.
Cut down on junk foods and incorporate fruits and vegetables and also make time to include a daily exercise routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I vomited after 8 hours of taking unwanted 72. Is there any chance that I had vomited the pill also should I take another pill or is it ok? In how many hours unwanted works?
I am 24 years female having scanty menstrual bleeding issue since more than 6 months. I want to know the below following points regarding this. 1. What should I do? 2. What are the causes behind this? 3. How this scanty bleeding may impact my personal life? 4. What are the remedies for this?
My mother is a 45 year old house wife. She is suffering from irregular menses, hard pain during menses period, over bloodless and get weak soon. Is any problem with her health condition?
Does drinking coffee daily is good for health and weight loss? What is the right time to drink it? And which coffee should I take black coffee or milk coffee?
I have hormonal problem. Today is my 12th day of periods I have also anemia what should I do for stopping my period problem?
My Bhabhi is pregnant and her baby is in tube not in Uterus as said by doctor. What to do now? Is there any way of shifting baby to uterus? Please help.
I had my periods today which is on time. I was on i-pill. But I am facing more than usual bleeding and pain in stomach. What should I do pls tell. Pls suggest home remedies if thre is some.
Hi I had intercourse on 17th of march. My accpected periods date was 28th of march still I didn' t get my periods. I don' t have any pregnancy symptoms. I have one year kid. Kindly give me the suggestion to get my perperiods. Thank you
Doctor while I am doing toilet the toilet is like blood and it is paining and I fell to go toilet in every time.
I had gone through surgical abortion as on 30th April because of no growth of fetus it was 10 weeks 4 days that time . After that I got my period on 12th of june which was light on 1 st day n continue for 4 days and bleeding was normal for rest three days and after that I started getting light spotting when we had sexual relation and that keeps on whenever we had intercourse and after that I start getting sticky yellow discharge from my vagina and from 23 rd day of my period I am getting blood with my discharge. Whenever I went to luu something kind of vaginal discharge full covered with blood comes out now its 34 days of my lmp what to do please help me out.
Sir, I am trying to have a baby but when I do intercourse I did not wet so I have to use cream to enter my husband into my body. Plz advice that it really affect to become a pregant if I did not wet. Do I need to go to a dr ?
Women Health and Happiness
1.Have proper check on your cycle 2.Cancer Screening
3. Check PCOD
4.know your Contraceptives
5.Pre Pregnancy check up
7.Regular Health Checks
8.Bones to be healthy
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.