Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Neeloffer SheikYour feedback matters!
I am always suffering from back pain and too much bleeding in periods how I feel good. What should have to do.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.
Hi I am married since last 7 years, earlier there was problem between us regarding financial and time issue as I am in sales in FMCG company but we are well settled today and living a happy married life. The problem is my wife doesn't show any interest in sex, and we are least involve in this activity very rarely we did it in a month. Kindly guide.
It is mostly men who use pills
Known as a natural aphrodisiac, taking avocados can help attain a heightened sexual energy that was hitherto absent in your sexual life. Avocados are rich in potassium, vitamin B6, folic acid etc. which have a great role to play in increasing female libido. Potassium helps in increasing thyroid function which will again increase female sexual urge. Vitamin B6 encourages the production of male hormones and folic acid is essential for metabolizing proteins in the body.
Again, a pleasant fruit that is rich in potassium and vitamin B, which are nutrients that are required for optimum sexual satisfaction and production of testosterone, bananas produce energy for the person and this help to increase sexual libido of men as well as women. Bananas can be included in your daily diet to attain maximum benefit.
Oysters are rich in zinc which is essential for male sexual health. Zinc helps in production of testosterone and production of sperms in the body. Raw oysters can be cleaned thoroughly and can be taken after freezing it.
Asparagus helps in producing sex hormones in the body. They are high in vitamin E and are good for increasing the sexual libido of men and women. As they are easily available, asparagus can be taken on a daily basis.
Rich in vitamin B6 and B5 that is necessary for reducing stress levels in the body, eggs not only help in increasing sexual libido, but also balance the hormone levels in the body which too impact sexual libido a great deal.
Celery is a great vegetable that can be added to your soups and salads. Androsterone, a hormone that is released through the perspiration of men is a hormone that is similar to pheromones that help in attracting females in animals.
Androsterone is supposed to help in increasing the sexual desire of women. As celery is a healthy vegetable and has as pleasant taste, it is something which can be taken by everyone.
Figs contain amino acids that are helpful in increasing female libido. Taking figs every day will also enhance your sexual libido.
Licorice is helpful for women who have vaginal dryness due to estrogen fluctuation in the body. Licorice root can be taken in 2-3 ml quantities 2-3 times a day or as directed by the physician. They are also very beneficial in improving female libido.
Ginseng is a herb that is widely popular for sexual problems. It has a chemical that aids in the production of sex hormones in both men and women. Ginseng also increases blood circulation and provides energy to the body which too is good for overall sexual healthls.
Click on consult privately to ask me any questions related to sexual health and well-being.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones
I am married for past 6 months. But from last 3 days I and my wife are unable to have sex it looks as if the vagina is blocked it pains burning sensation etc what to do is it any disease or problem whom to consult. Can you help me please.
Hi doc I am married and trying to conceive from 1.5 years this time my doc suggested follicular scan along with siphene tablet for hcg injection but since my et was only 5.4 on 12 the day of my cycle and egg got ruptured she only gave duphaston tablets from 15 the day but today I have too much of abdomen pain whether it is normal please help.
I am looking to insert copper t when to insert it to get it effective. Also tell me what is the cost.
Respected Doctors, The question I am asking have already been answered sorry for questioning again. Next month I am going to marry so how can I protect my wife by getting pregnant. I have already been answered to use condoms and medicine like I-Pill but I want to know that is there any natural way to have a safe sex so my wife would not get pregnant or which can make less possibility to get pregnant. One more question Are medicines safe like I-pill or any other ,does it has any side effect?
Sir is it any sign of problem for us if there is delay of periods in my gf. We did everything safely and we did morning urine test also its shows negative result. So what's your view regarding this?
My wife is in my first month of pregnancy and we read that pineapple is not good in pregnancy. Before coming to know this she took pineapple juice three time. She had some lower abdominal pain for sometime. Should we be worried? does consuming pineapple occasionally leads to complications?
Hello Doctor, I have taken pregnancy test but its negative. And cons ulted doctor they have given me primolut-n 5mg tab for periods. My weight is 60.8 kg nd stil I have not got my periods. My last period was 2 January. I am worried. Please suggest me.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hi i'm 20 years old female i'm trying to conceive. My periods was on 3rd june and again I got my periods on 17th june but this mid cycle bleeding was different like 1st day some spotting and second day heavy bleeding and 3rd day little brown discharge and my periods stopped [so basically heavy bleeding was on 2nd day and the color was red ]. And the bleeding was not painful like regular periods . So this can be implantation bleeding ?
I am , 28 year old unmarried. My menstruation day become short, means 4 days become 2 days. After 2 days my menstruation stopped. What can I do for this problem.
AM 28 years old n I had sex after 4 days of periods. Can I conceive n how many days it take to confirm? please help me.
I am 32 years old trying to conceive since last 3 years, also done 4 iui no luck yet. My left tube is fine, but right tube have some blockage. Doctor suggested for ivf, please suggest.
Protein is a chain of various amino acids, it is one of an essential macronutrient that the body needs. Nails and hair in the body are made up of protein, it is also used to repair tissues in the body. Protein is also the main building block of muscles and bones.
Advantages of including protein in your diet -
1. It increases the amount of lean muscle in the body
2. Induces feelings of satiety
3. Facilitates muscle recovery after exercise
4. Helps you maintain a healthy body weight
Here are some foods which are rich in protein and should be included in your daily diet -
1. Greek yoghurt - It has more protein that the traditional variety of yoghurt. It also comes with important minerals such as calcium and probiotics.
2. Eggs - Eggs are considered to be a type super food as it is a powerhouse of nutrients. It has the highest biological value that is the protein in an egg has the highest number of essential amino acids.
3. Meat - Meat such as turkey and chicken are very good sources of protein. Chicken contains niacin, which also boosts the digestive and the nervous system.
4. Tofu - Tofu is a very good source of vegetarian protein and it is also packed with manganese. It helps in muscle recovery after exercise and also strengthens bones in the body.
5. Fish - Fishes are not only a good source of protein but also contain less fat. They are packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Cottage cheese - Cottage cheese contains casein protein which provides the body with a steady supply of protein over a duration of time as it is digested slowly by the body.
Related Tip: How to tackle binge eating?