Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NarayanaswamiYour feedback matters!
What is the treatment of acute pancreatitis? How fair its prognosis? How much time the treatment takes to cure?
Last December I fell something was blasting in my stomach and then I fell burning in my chest as well as in my stomach. I visit to hospital where doctors says it's gas no need to worry. Also my right side of stomach chest as well as my back was paining. After when I discharged from hospital in midnight I fell very uncomfortable and fear. Then I go to HYDERABAD for treatment. Where my endoscopy is doing blood test and chest X-ray. Doctors see the report and tell me that it's gas no need to worry. In January I visit to Hyderabad. But after April I fell stomach pain bloating and acidity sometime. Why? I was a very heavy smoker but I quit smoking in march. Is this happening due to quitting smoking or anything else? Please tell me is this normal or anything else? Two times my endoscopy is done but report is normal. I only take pentadoc tab.
What are symptoms of "gastroesophageal REfLUX DISEASE" Could you please suggest me remedies, if symptoms are appeared in my bod.
I am 43 yr old male. Quite often I am having burning sensation to the left side of the chest just above the left nipple. My ecg tmt echo sugar test is done and is normal as per the doctor. Also I have diagnosed for lumber spondilityes ls spine. In general I am having acidity also for which I am taking pantop 40mg before breakfast. Please advice.
My son is one month old ,he always pass gas and it seems he is having pain while passing stool. Can I start giving him gripe water? But some doctor suggested me tht I shld start giving him gripe water only in severe condition or after 6 months.
I m having Lil diarrhea from many days. Also I had suddenly many pimples in my back, well the pimples had been cured well by medicine. But diarrhea is still there. Moreover I feel some unusual weakness sometime. Can it be symptoms to anything? Please.
SIR I AM 20 YR OLD GIRL I AM suffered FROM gastric PROBLEM. I WAS ADMITTED IN HOSPITAL FOR 11 DAYS. BUT AGAIN Dr. TOLD ME TO NOT TO EAT FRIED /DAIRY PRODUCTS/ ETC ONLY I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT FOOD I SHOULD EAT?
I am having pain in my right side of stomach from last one year after getting appendix operation also. So what I can do from rid it off?
I have gas problem for the past 2 months, what are the precautions to be taken to avoid gas problems? What are the home made remedies for the gas problems? What is the treatment available for the gas problems? What are the good food habits to avoid gas problems? Is regular exercise enough to avoid gas problems?
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Sir I am from hyderabad aged 23 years and I have been suffering from indigestion and acidity after I hailed from vijayawada. Pl. Let me know why it is so and what steps to take to come over from this. And even suggest me the deit.
My sister is having gas trouble for past one month. Last week motion is not coming properly only gas is coming .she is eating fruits ,badam and dates. She is avoiding rice for past one month. Only chapathi and dosa is her food. Please give remedy for gas trouble.
I have annal fisser from 1 month and I use ointment on it. Mere fisser se pani type ka kicha aata h geela geela sa rahta h udar. To kya fisser se pani ya mavad type ka kucha aa sakta h kya? Please tell me I am in tension due to this problem.
I have been having digestive problems since last July so that's 11 months. The worst part is the mucus I get in the place of a bowel movement, with bowel movements or just gas with it. I go from severely constipated to diarrhea for days but always with mucus. I have had an abdominal scan with normal results, tested negativity for H-pylori, treated with antibiotics to see if it was C-Diff or something else bacterial but no improvement, treated with anti-acids to see if it is ulcer but also no improvements. I have tried probiotics, digestive enzymes & alot of natural treatments that have not worked either. I get horrible stomachs aches with this and times of uncontrollable diarrhea and mucus outbursts. My tummy is almost always uncomfortable. This makes my work life and personal life very difficult. I am so miserable with this & I would appreciate any answers or advice on this as it has destroyed my life. Thank you in advance from one soul to another.
From last two months I get vry often stomach pain it feels like acidity but my stuuch pains too much I hvnt sleep prply I feel like burning in stomach so kindly please sggt me gud advice r proscription. Thnk you sir.
Bladder cancer is characterized by irregular growth of abnormal tissue (tumor) on the lining of the bladder. This type of cancer may spread to the surrounding tissues or other body parts as well.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
4. Excessive urination
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. Weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation therapy - Radiation therapy uses rays such as x-ray or uv rays to destroy cancer cells in the body
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder.