Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Nandhakumar

Cardiologist, Chennai

Dr. Nandhakumar Cardiologist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. Nandhakumar
Dr. Nandhakumar is one of the best Cardiologists in Chromepet, Chennai. You can visit him/her at Parvathy Hospital in Chromepet, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Nandhakumar on has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Parvathy Hospital

No.241, G.S.T.Road, Chromepet. Landmark: Near To Chrompet Fly Over, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Nandhakumar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am 65 years old I am suffering from varicose veins in left foot also neuropathy for that I taken pregab75 one daily night, still i am suffering burning sensation in both feet i am not diabetic only having bp for that I am taking lose-h & ecosprin gold 20 in morning for burning sensation what treatment I should take?

MD-Ayurveda, Basic Life Support (B.L.S), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Ahmednagar
For burning sensation n neuropathy our herbal medicine works very effectively; as its age related problem. Due to old age you r also suffering from blood pressure; our herbs also helps to keep your vessels clean to avoid blockage in vessels through which you will stay away from paralysis or heart attack; so you may go for our herbs. Varicose veins cannot be treated effectively by any pathy so don't try to treat them as it may harm your body. Just do pranayam n few yogasanas if possible; consult with me for more details.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Kindly tell me some homeopathic medicines or tonic to rehabilitate to my smoking lungs. Sometimes When I contract my chest I feel pain in middle of the chest behind the chest bone or may be on chest bone. Near esophagus. Is it normal?

General Physician, Panipat
Seems you have left smoking. Great! For healthy lungs Must run daily for 30 min Take long deep breath Hold for 45 seconds Repeat for five times twice day Such chest pain is due to increased acid formation in stomach Avoid fatty fried spicy dishes Increase milk curd fruits home made liquids As such No specific medicine is required.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I cough I feel a lot of pain in my chest and it is about 4 days now. its not getting cured. can you please help me to get relief from this pain?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
YOU CAN TAKE tab.paracetamol 650 mg 6hrly., tab. ceterizine 10 mg hs, cap. zifi 200 mg 1bd., for 2days..and following test cbc, x-ray for chest. ..don't eat fast food. and don't take cold water..
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My questiom is: my grandpa is suffering from 80%heart blockage. He is now on medicine. He feels uncomfortable and nervousness. Only 18% heart is pumping. He is 65 years old. Give me your valuable advice to recover them.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Ayurveda
Ayurveda, Mumbai
Dear, your grand father must have suffered from an ischemic episode may be an acute mi and post conventional recovery he has compensated cardiac function. Will be in a better position to comment if I know the nature of the blocks in the coronary like location, whether it is a single vessel or multiple vessel disease etc. Please share the angiography report. 18% cardiac function (lvef) must be immediately post the infarct recovery. I am sure his cardiac function must have improved after that. A recent 2 d echo study would be essential. After a proper assessment of the reports ayurvedic medication can help him recover from the blockage as well as improvise the cardiac function. Do not discontinue or alter any medication before consulting his cardiologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Some time there is bleeding in my cough when I spit then there is some blood which looks like freeze. I made a report from hospital but there was everything fine.

General Physician, Mumbai
Get your sputum checked for Genexpert test and if it is normal than also get your teeth cleaned from a dentist and Avoid spicy food in your diet and Also avoid peanuts and potatoes in your diet
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old male, height 5'11 and weight 81, I have pain in my back and mid chest whenever I stretch. I have acidity issue whenever I drink water burp comes. Earlier I used to had headache everyday for 1 year almost, they eased up with time. Also there is one pain in my wrist which has recently started. Kindly advise.

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Investigations advised - hb, tlc, dlc, esr, sugar f & pp, uric acid, vit d3 urine r/e x ray of the affected part. Anyway you may try- sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick mattress are harmful use no pillow under the head. Do hot fomentation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck back knee & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, inform me.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 24 years old software engineer, I have severe pain in middle and right side of my chest bone, Right arm shoulder and right side of neck. Kindly help me to relief from this hurt.

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Hello, it might be postural disorder with cervical spondylitis. Go for meditation to reduce your stress nourishing your muscles to ease your problem. Tk, plenty of water to hydrate your body making your muscles more flaxible. Avoid, wrong sitting & sleeping posture, alcohol, nicotine, caffiene. Tk, Homoeopathic medicine:@.Arnica mont 200-6 pills, thrice. @.Lachnenthes 200-6 pills, thrice. Report, weekly. Tk, care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Respected doctors, What should one do in emergency 1) if an old man or women aged 45-53 get some severe chest pain and also breathing problem? 2) and also if suddenly get heart attack or something like that or loose consisnous? Which advice for both above situation? Thanks.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
Get them to nearest doctor first to get ecg done immediately.. Till that time ask the patient to cough voluntarily so that the pressure generated due to coughing keeps adequate blood supply to brain...and he does not become unconscious
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 years male of height 5.9 and weight of 68 kg. I want to maintain correct weight and want to decrease bad cholesterol in stomach. Kindly give some suggestions.

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Vellore
Dear lybrate user! greetings! to reduce the fat around the stomach 1. Do abdominal exercise for 30 daily 2. Eat more fresh vegetables 3. Avoid eating too much of fatty foods like milk products, cheese, paneer 4. Avoid eating too much of fried items 5. Avoid eating too much of deep fried foods. 6. Drink minimum 3 litres of water daily. 7. Keep your mind relax. Thank you have a healthy life through homoeopathy
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from cholesterol since eight months. Now I take Atchol 10 daily. Doctor advice me not to take milk. My question is shall I take coffee without milk?

MBBS, M.S, M. Ch, F.I.A.C.S
Cardiologist, Chennai
Green tea is preferable. Take plenty of and fruits. Less salt. Avoid excess sweets. Olive oil is better.
26 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My cholesterol is 280 ldl is 180 hdl is 70 vldl is 30 triglyceride is 152 what to do how to control it in natural ways without taking medicines.

Homeopath, Secunderabad
You can change your life style for that. So begin with exercising everyday. Slowly increase the time duration and intensity of the exercise regime. Learn yoga as it can fine-tune the metabolism and also heal your system. Eat only healthy food. Avoid junk food and cold-drinks. Have daily fruits and vegetables. Take proper rest (sleep 6-8 hrs everyday). Finally stop worrying unnecessarily. Learn some relaxation techniques or meditation. If needed you can add Homeopathy which is safe and gentle. You can contact me later after 2 - 3 months.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I have high BP and am under medication I want to know is it right if I buy a digital BP monitor and occasionally check my BP on it and if yes which is a good BP monitor available today.

Clinical Cardiology, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. The best. It's good that you are taking your BP medicines regularly. Taking medicines regularly and controlling your BP will give you great benefit in long time. Definitely it is good if you have a BP instrument at your home. All digital BP machines available in the market are good. You can trust Omron brand. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a problem in my right side ribs when I was small I use to sleep on the right side the most of the time. I think the last 2 ribs are little bit curved to inner side. So now I am a house wife and have a 1 years child now its giving me pain while feeding my child. What should I do.

MBBS, PG Diploma In Clinical Cosmetology (PGDCC)
Cardiologist, Purba
it may be due to costochondtitis don't worry for little bending of ribs look for swelling /any hardness do chest expansion exercise can take ultracet thtice for 3 days
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m suffering from severe chest pain. I consulted many doctors but unable to recover from the pain. Please advice me some treatment so that I can get cured.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.For your age pain chest could be due to anxiety, stress, Physical and mental strain,hyper acidity, muscular problem 2. Avoid stress and strain 3.Do regular exercise, reduce your weight if over weight. 4.Control your diet. Avoid oily/spicy/fried and junk food,high calorie and cholesterol rich diet.Take small frequent meals(5-6 meals/day instead of three heavy meals).If you have hyper acidity take one tablet of pan 40 in the morning before breakfast daily for few days 5.Do Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress. 6.Have sound sleep for 7-8 hours daily. 7.Avoid smoking,alcohol, excess tea/coffee, if you are having 8. Drink plenty of water and take rest 9. Take paracetamol 500mg one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets per day at the time of chest pain 10.if you have recurrent attack of chest pain check your BP, take ECG and consult cardiologist 11.Consult me for further advice
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother cholesterol is increase so we have to go which doctor and her age is 51 and she also diabetes patience BT not more it's ok.

Dear lybrate user, give your mother homoeopathic mother tincture fucus vesiculosus q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water to decrease her cholesterol level.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 55 years old women and I am a cardiac patient, now from last 7-8 month I am suffering from regular cold and cough, and 8 month ego when I checked my Esnophils it range was 30 and after three month it range was 11so please let me know what is the reason and how could I take preventive action for that.

CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical cardiology, MBBS
Cardiologist, Ghaziabad
1. Avoid exposure to cold 2. Take bath with little warm water 3. Do steam inhalation regularly at least once a day 4. Warm salt water gargles daily 5 no cold water / cold drinks / ice creams and so on for medicine contact on private chat with details of medicine you r taking good luck.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Why I have really hard heartbeat in my stomach and it shakes my whole body please advice.

MBBS, DGO (cal)
General Physician,
Possibly it is aortic pulsation, which is not abnormal. Thin person when feels like that it may not be abnormal. But with your height & weight it is not usual. Please get yourself examined by a cardiologist and get one usg abdomen done to exclude any aneurysm in abdominal aorta or any mass in front of aorta.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed