Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. NandakumarYour feedback matters!
My age is 24. My present hemoglobin level is 12. Last six months back my hemoglobin is 17.6 and 4 months back 15. Gradually my hemoglobin decrease what is the problem please suggest me.
My wife is suffering from Arthritis, having pain in the knee while walking; she has swolen fingers even , what can be the cure? Alopathy , Ayurvedic or Homeopathy
Sorry I have disc pain problem i'm not able walk for longer time and i'm not able carry much weight.
I am 40 years old I have pain in my knee for 15 days I consulted one ortho doctor he advised me to check serum uric acid I checked but 9.1 is the result please advise me sir.
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a medical condition wherein the bone becomes fragile and breaks easily even with a minor fall. The bones of spine, wrists and hips get affected the most. These fractured bones lead to severe pain and can force a person to become immobile. A spine fracture can even lead to a loss of height.
What is parathyroid hormone?
Parathyroid is a naturally occurring hormone that regulates the amount of calcium present in the body. They mitigate the risk of bone breakage in the body for a patient suffering with osteoporosis. These hormones are injected into the body on a daily basis to maintain the normal flow of calcium in the body.
How does the treatment work?
Treatments are available in the form of drugs and injections. A doctor can prescribe drugs, if the patient is at an increased rate of bone breakage. The parathyroid hormone helps to protect the bone from breaking, but have no role when the bone actually breaks. The body has a natural process of breaking a bone and rebuilding it by itself. Osteoporosis sets in motion when this process of bone formation is disturbed.
When does a doctor prescribe hormonal treatment?
If a patient has undergone a number of vertebral compression fractures and the condition has not improved, a doctor might suggest to undergo parathyroid hormone treatment. The treatment requires nursing support due to a patient’s delicate bone condition. A maximum dosage of 20 micro grams of parathyroid can be injected for a time duration not exceeding 2 years.
Things to know about the treatment:
- Be informed: It is good to be well informed about the course of the treatment, treatment duration, plausible problems etc. This will help a patient to be on top of the decision making process. The helpline of the 'National Osteoporosis Society' can be reached to understand the preparation required for a patient to undergo the treatment.
- Take the right dosage at the right time: Parathyroid injections should be injected on a daily basis for a maximum time period of 2 years. These injections are taken daily at the same time. It should be ensured that none of the injections are skipped without the prior approval of a doctor. The injection, which lasts for 28 days, needs to be stored in a refrigerator. In case a patient is travelling, special bags are available that has space for storing gel packs.
- Side effects: Most patients do not report any side effects, but they do exist. Possible side effects include dizziness, arthralgia, depression and headache. These symptoms often suggest that your body is reacting to the parathyroid hormone treatment. A doctor may or may not prescribe any further drugs to address these symptoms.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The rupture of the achilles tendon above the heel is one of the most common muscle / tendon to be ruptured and is often felt as though someone kicked your achilles tendon ( just above the heel on the back ) and a pop sound is often heard along with it. The treatment can be either surgical repair or non-surgical treatment.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi sir I am suffering from back pain I tink I have ven problem when I sit approx one hour then my back bone is so paining. So please suggest best Doctor.
I am 67. I have burning pain in the area over my knees on both thighs. The pain is more severe than the knee joint pain itself. What could be the reason and what I should do to avoid it. Thank you.
Hi I am having pain in the both the thumbs and the pain has penetrated to the bones. I work in IT and typing makes my thumbs more painful. I do thumb exercises still the pain remains. Its more than a year. Please suggest.
My father's age is 55 He is getting pains at leg knee joints n he can't walk properly n got swollen at joints n he is using caps of RUMAFORM n also have gastric problem also n using ZINETAC 150MG Is it necessary n give some guidance n precautions for better health of my father..
I am 52 years old female suffering from swelling around the knee and ankle joint on left side and over right hand since 2 years. I used oils and ointments but there is no relief. Pain is gradual in onset. What is the diagnosis and treatment.
Disc prolapse can be easily treated by nerve root injection or removal of disc fragment by endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia
Hi sir my name is narender from vijayawada my problem is heavy backpain my job is marketing im travel daily 70 km on bike I think thats the reason for my back pain please suggest me how to solve my problem.
Hello doctor, What is the approximately cost of an ACL reconstruction surgery in India? Doctor has said Rs. SIXTY THOUSAND excluding hospital charges for the surgery. At this price range, what kind of graft would be used? If it is a synthetic graft which has used, what is the pros and cons of this type of grafts. What is the life span of synthetic grafts? Kindly help me. Thank you.
I am 74 year old woman. Diabetes and B P well under control due to medication. Almost daily morning When I try to get out of my bed/cot, I feel that my leg muscles are stiffened and I have to wait for the muscles (especially calf) to get relaxed. What is the cure? I prefer to avoid interaction over phone. I prefer email.
I have back pain from past 2 months, I have consulted many doctors but no relief is there. What can I do?
Hi, My mother has been feeling pain in her right hand while. The pain increases when she tries to lift herself up from the bed in morning. The pain is connected to shoulder and neck. We visited a doctor, he said she needs physiotherapy massage. She has been going through recommended massage and heating procedure since last 1 month, but there is no improvement in her pain. It's still the same. We also visited an orthopaedic, who prescribed few pain killers, but still no improvement so far. My mother is really stressful out of that pain. What needs to be done and which specialist we need to see, please recommend something helpful. Thanks!
I am suresh kumar . I am 35 years old and I am suffering from backpain please suggest some medicine.
Initial treatment requires around 45 - 60 days of panchakarma therapy along with internal medicines and diet, life style modification. After this phase only internal medicines are continued.
If patient can come for the treatment in early stages, even total cure is also possible.
Visit arogyam ayurveda in order to get benefited with the best ankylosing spondylitis treatment through ayurveda. Visit and get one-stop answer to all your health problems.