Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NalinaYour feedback matters!
Does implantation bleeding contains blood clots if it appear is there any chance of getting pregnancy.
What should be the least time a man should spent in intercourse to reach the climax. Is man infertility curable or not?
My wife is facing unbearable vaginal burning while intercourse. Please suggest. We have consulted so many doctors but no improvement. As soon as we starts intercourse she complains for burning problem in the mid of intercourse and every time she complaining this even discharge is not done and after discharge she feels unbearable burning in the vagina. She felt like cuts in the vagina.
Helo doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on march 23rd. Aftr tat I took ipill (postpone 72) only one pill within 10 minutes. Aftr tat 23,24,25th continually 3 days per day 2,3 times we had unprotected sex. Aftr 23rd I did not take any pill after tat. March 13th 16th I got my normal period already. Now my doubt is any chance for pregnancy? please clear my doubt. I need detailed answer.
Missing periods from 20 days. Negative is pregnancy test. Still is there any chance of getting Pregnancy? If yes what we need to do to prevent pregnancy?
I am 21 years old female. I am having less blood percentage of 5. Is beetroot enough to increase blood percentage. What type of food should I add to increase blood percentage. Is medicines solv s my problem?
I am a diabetic patient I got miscarriage on 16th feb And I wanted to have again pregnancy in one an a half month please suggest me.
I am 21 years female having a problem of pcos in border line. My thyroid profile is normal. I didn't use any medication for pcos. No my problem is that I am not getting my periods regularly. I used to take promlt_N 10mg OD for 5 days and got periods since 3 months. Using this hormone pills is good or not? Pls give me suggestion what I have to do.
I have irregular periods and hormonal imbalance I have tried a lot to loose weight but I can't so please guide me.
I have lower back pain and lower abdomen cramps. Breast tenderness, is it possible I am pregnant? I am in 15 dpo.
My 25-years-old wife had delivered (normal delivery) a healthy female baby on 13 Nov 2016. We had unprotected intercourse on 27 Dec 2016. Should we take emergency contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy? Will there be any side-effects? When her normal menstrual period will start? Shall we start OCPs? Regards.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Is there any problem having sex in periods and its good to both of us or not and can we do it regularly is periods times or we should do it some times when its required mostly and I wanna know it and if we have high tensed mood what we should at that time or we can use condoms for having sex at period time.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"
I got my period on nov 23. Today it is my 9th day. Every month my period stop on 5th day. But this month from 6th day to 9th day (today) I have bleeding little that to in black red colour. Is there any issues. Will this affect ovulation. Im trying to convince married for 6 months.
Sir I had sex on 1st april with condom and after 3 hrs I take unwanted 72 then I have cold, fever, increase urination and nausea but on 4th april am again had sex with condom but today I have bleeding not likely periods its like low in amount and my last periods was on 19th march after that today I done my urine pregnancy test it was negative then please consult me what should I do? Is that am pregnant or not please help me soon and yesterday I take 6 to 7 almonds in afternoon tym is there is any role of almonds in bleeding or its a symptom of implantation bleeding please help me.
Imbalance in the hormones is the primary cause of the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The polycystic ovarian syndrome may result in an enlarged ovary with accumulated fluids. This disorder may lead to various changes in your appearance.
The various symptoms of this disorder are:
- Acne: This disorder may cause or aggravate acne on your skin (learn more about acne problem)
- Abnormal periods: You may face irregularities in your periods as the intervals between periods may extend for more than 35 days or heavy periods.
- Excess androgen: The male hormone known as androgen may increase in the female body which results in facial hair and excessive body hair. It may also cause acne.
- Hair loss: This syndrome may lead to thinning of hair on the scalp and thus, resulting in hair loss (know more Ways to Deal With Hair Loss)
- Enlarged ovaries: The ovaries may be enlarged with various fluid filled sacs.
The various causes of polycystic ovarian syndrome are:
- Low-grade inflammation: The body's immune system produces various substances that fight foreign infections in the body. If you are affected by the polycystic ovarian syndrome, then you are more likely to be affected by inflammation which causes androgen production in the body.
- Heredity: If someone in your family has this disorder then you are more likely to be affected by this disease.
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that allows the cells the body to produce energy in the body. You may experience insulin resistance which means energy production in the body may be hampered. It may also lead to increased androgen production which may impair the ovaries’ ovulation ability.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome may lead to various complications in the body:
- Sleep apnea
- Irregular blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- It may increase chances of cardiovascular diseases as it may lead to metabolic syndrome
- It may lead to symptoms of anxiety and depression
- You may experience heavy bleeding in the uterine region
- It may lead to complications in the cholesterol levels in the body