Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies are risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post-partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths.
As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through, there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
- Be aware: Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
- Enjoy foreplay: Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
- Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions: Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
- Don't go for multiple partners: Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
- Don't Use sex toys: Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
- Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers: Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
- Don't Keep yourself ahead of her: It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not only negatively affect her mental health, but her physical health as well.
- Do not mix drugs with intimacy: Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the result of using intoxicating substance use during pregnancy.
There is this general idea regarding gynecologists that one just needs to consult them when you are pregnant. Other than pregnancy, most women need the help of a gynaecologist, general specialist or a family doctor for managing certain womanly issues. Gynaecological problems are of various kinds and are not just limited to pregnancy or postpartum health conditions.
A point by point discussion, carrying out the required tests alongside the right treatment are done by your gynaecologist. It can assess your health status and make it better.
Here are some reasons to visit a gynecologist:
1. Menstrual irregularity: In case of menstrual irregularity, you should visit your gynaecologist quickly. Abnormal bleeding from the uterus may indicate many a disease such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection or the presence of polyps in the uterus.
Visit a gynecologist when:
- Your periods are irregular and far away.
- You have repetitive periods, which return in a range of 21 days or less.
- There is bleeding in between the periods.
- Your periods keep going over 7 days
- You have exceptionally postponed periods
- Your periods are unnaturally heavy.
- You miss your periods.
- Abnormal cases of menstrual bleeding.
2. Vaginal problems: Problems in the vagina may lead to infection in the urinary tract. A gynaecologist should be consulted who would prescribe OTC medicines. In case of problems in the vagina, a gynaecologist should be consulted when:
- The frequency of your urine increase abnormally without any specific reason.
- There is pain or burning sensation during urination.
- Urine is accompanied with blood.
- There is an abnormal discharge coming out from your vagina.
- You have itching sensation in your vagina.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
3. Problems with the breasts: Any kind of problem in the breasts needs the attention of a gynaecologist. In case of breast issues, you should visit a doctor when
- A certain amount of discomfort is experienced in the breasts during periods.
- A lump is felt in the breasts.
- Discharge material comes out from the breasts.
4. Pain in lower abdomen: An abdominal pain can cause tumors, fibroids or even ovarian cysts in women. On the off chance that you encounter insufferable abdominal pain alongside menstrual irregularity, discuss the signs and side effects with your gynaecologist. Visit the doctor when:
- Pelvic pain is experienced occasionally along with great discomfort.
- Menstrual cramps occur.
- Pain in lower abdomen occurs after having sex.
- A lump develops in the abdomen accompanied by pain.
Pregnancy is not the only reason for visiting a gynaecologist as a gynaecologist looks after many other issues in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello I have taken 3pills in a month after my intercourse nw I got my dates bt the flow is very little is there any chance of getting pregnant or it is just a side effect of tablet please rply.
Hi doctor. I am 32 years old blood group a+ and my wife 26 yes old blood group o-ve. She is carrying her 2nd child. We are to much worried as my wife's blood group is o-ve. As I heard that there are so many complications in having 2nd child. Please advise us for the same.?
She is having problems during menstrual Irregular, highly painful, heavy bleeding since last one year. She is 52 years and she shud have had menopause now but no. Pls advise. Rgds.
I had 3 times sex with my boyfriend this month n every time after having sex i had taken i pill. My monthly period was suppose to come on 7 but last month i had on 27 n still i m not having my periods. Is there any thing to worry about ?
I hv pcos problem. So im not conceiving too nd im proper periods. hormonal im balance. Pls help out hw. Dis pcos will solve. Pls doc.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.