Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nageshwara RaoYour feedback matters!
What kind of exercise is beneficial in case of gas problem. I am having chest and back pain due to gas problem. How much time it takes to remove gas problem in general.
I have severe chest burn and acidity problems often. I consume Pan plus 40. I am suffering from acidity problem for more than 3 years. Please advise.
I am 55 years old and suffering from Gastritis from last 20 years but now other symptoms like stomach and chest burning and pain in chest and thorax. All types of investigations like endoscopy xray sonography etc but there is no relief. Either indigestion or constipation there is no normal toilet and burning in urine.
I am 67 years old male, now retired. I am a patient of IBS for last 10 years and taking Meva SR capsule twice daily before lunch and dinner which is keeping IBS under control. However, I was also having acute flatulence, for which I am taking neopride total (50mg) -one capsule with empty stomach and 10 ml PAN-MPS at bedtime but even then it difficult to control. This is even causing disturbance in sleep. What should I do? Should I take two capsule of neopride total (one morning and one evening? I am a regular morning walker (45 mins) and also do various yoga exercise including Pranayam. Please advise how to get rid of flatulence.
My husband has gone through an operation 2 years back where his splin was removed and last years he went through another operation were half of his pancreas from the tail was removed. And he is also suffering from diabetes from last 2 months and from last one he is suffering from sever pain in his stomach due to gastric problem .please suggest your opinion.
Hello, from last 15 years I am having headache problem, 95 % at night after 9. 30pm. Earlier I was taking only pain killers. Last year I realised that it looks some connection with stomach. when the pain started, I took instant gas relief soluble histac-evt and more water after it. Within mins I had to rush to washroom to clean my stomach. Within minutes the headace also finished. but few times if I have eaten heavy or consumed alcohol, then the histac-evt doesn't work. i have to take pain killer and it takes 2 to 3 hours to settle down. During this period the pain is on extreme presume. The pain is only on the left side of forehead. During pain I can't open left eye, many times water also comes out from left eye. Air, light, sound also disturbs. I met few pvt docters and also consulted neurology dept, pgi few years back. They said its migraine. But from last year experience and even these days experience, I think it's something to do with stomach. My friends told me to consult gastro dept pgi. So I thought to take your advice too. Kindly guide thanks.
I am 30 years old. I am having frequent urination and in the morning as soon as I get up I can't withstand urination and feel bloated abdomen and while urinating, flow doesn't happen smoothy.
Also known as flatulence, gastric problems do not really mean any kind of disease. Rather, these occur as a result of some underlying condition or some distress affecting the digestive system. Gastric problems generally take their toll on the health of the person by showing their effects either as stomach pain or by making the person lose his appetite. These gastric problems generally come along with some of the serious health conditions like diarrhoea or problems like indigestion. It is now easy to treat flatulence by using the remedies that are readily available in households.
Forms of gastric problem
Gastric problems do not generally occur alone and they usually come along with other conditions like digestive distress, diarrhoea or even cramps. Commonly this condition can be seen in three forms in a person. One is burping, the second form is belching and the third is flatulence. Each has their own magnitude of impact on the person. All three causes annoying effects to the person and can be taken care of with the help of some home remedies. The gastric problem can be of two types. One is the acute gastritis and the other is chronic gastritis. The first problem can be cleared off within few days time and the second problem needs some extra care and treatment.
Symptoms of gastric problem
Some cases of gastric problem can be minor and can be taken care of easily. These problems can be resolved in a matter of one or two days. Other forms of flatulence can be severe and can cause other weaknesses in the body. Doctors say that gastric problems can be identified with the help of few easily comprehensible symptoms.
Some of the common symptoms of the gastric problems are:
- Constant pain in the abdominal region
- Loss of appetite
- Repeated vomiting and nausea
- Increased pressure and pain in the chest area
- Persistent headache
- Sudden dizziness during work
Solution for the problem:
There are some common home remedies for gastric worries which include:
- A little cinnamon powder can be mixed with a glass of warm milk and can be taken along with honey.
- 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar must be mixed with a glass of warm water and cooled to the room temperature and drunk.
- Equal amounts of fennel, ginger and cardamom must be ground together and a pinch of hing must be added to it and mixed with a cup of water. It must be taken twice a day.
- 1 spoon each of carom seeds and black salt must be added to buttermilk and the solution has to be drunk.
As per my andoscopy I having ulcerative colitis in my lower intestine. So how can I heal this colitis. Please help me its very pain full.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.