Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagamony.BYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am last 2 month suffering of chest pain in my left side and some time right side. And I have already taken medicine .nearest doctor's but I have not got relief I coudhnt understand Wht I do so please suggest me what is this problem.
My mom is suffering from varicose veins and mild angina too does varicose veins with angina cause any serious heart problem? She is getting chest pain when having large meals which is lasting for at least two days. Is this due to Acidity or else an heart issue. Kindly let me know. Thank you.
Safe Treatment Of All Disease Homeopathy
When I think about any matter at this time I'm suffered from heart pain & after some time I have unconscious.
I am 71 male with hypertension, as per doctors advice I am taking 3 drugs nodon2.5/dilnip10/minipressxl2.5 ll, I have dobut still my bp is above 170/60 what would you suggest ?
My mom weight is 75 and height 5" 0 inch. My mom has High BP patient. Last 2 months is normal but now she goes morning walk for 3 km and today BP 150. Can it is due to Morning walk?
My age 38 I am sugar patient and blood pressure 160 90 cholesterol total 168 hdl 29 ldl 109 triglycerides 256 I am using glasses 750 mg losnaram 50 mg lipcard 160 using now 2 month bp is now also 160 90 not coming down what to do.
Hello Dr. Mere chest ke left side me halka halka dard hota hai aur sans lene me dikkat hoti hai aur ghabrahat bhi hone lagta hai lekin jab enoo ya hajmola kha leta hu to kafi araam milta hai aur jab gas nikal jati hai to usse bhi kaafi araam milta hai lekin ye dikkat mujhe kai saalo se hai koi upay bataye thanks.
Doctor I had a heart one year back fixed a stint for a major block and left the minor biock as doctors advised that tje block will clear by medicines it self now I am taking cloptab A75 nebi5 sorbitrate 10 mg each one after breakfast one sorbitrate after lunch one astin80 and one sorbitrate 10 -mg after dinner Doctor from now how long will I live
My father is diabetic and hypertension patient 67 years old. Recently diagnosed with kidney level 2 failure and keratin level is 3.3. Prescribed with aminos. Please tell me natural ways to improve amino acids with fruits and vegetables.
Sir my question is that sometime I gets a pinching pain in my chest and that time I am unable to breath properly but it only last for a minute and vanish and again come another time.
I feel stool pressure. But when I go to bathroom very small amount of stool comes out. Pressure remains always. What could be the reason. There is no presence of blood in potty.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.