Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nagamony.BYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. Total cholesterol 158, triglycerides 376, HDL 23, LDL 73, VLDL 75 .I m very afraid. How to get normal levels and how long does it take. Pls tell me diet and do's and do not.
Causes and Symptoms of Renal Hypertension
High blood pressure is characterized by an increased force that the blood exerts on the blood vessels when it moves through the body. Renal hypertension is a blood pressure disorder where the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys become narrow, as a result of which the blood pressure through these vessels increases.
It is caused when the arteries that supply blood to the kidney get narrow or get blocked. This can cause the kidney to release specific hormones that signal the body to retain water and sodium. This can put additional pressure on the blood vessels which leads to increased blood pressure. It can also be caused by atherosclerosis which is characterized by hardening of the arteries. Improper development of the arteries can also lead to renal hypertension.
The symptoms of renal hypertension are:
- Feeling confused
- Blurred vision
- Regular headaches
- Bleeding from the nose
- Gradual decline in kidney function
- Possible long-term damage to the kidney
- Feeling lethargic and drowsy
- Loss of appetite
- Dryness in skin
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing difficulties
The diagnostic procedure for this disorder consists of blood, urine, doppler ultrasound and CT angiography or MR angiography tests. Treatments for this disorder usually include medications to ease blood pressure. Preventive measures include modifications in lifestyle such as following a proper diet, limiting smoking, restricting sodium or salt in the diet and following an exercise regimen. Steps should also be taken to reduce stress. Yoga and meditation are highly beneficial to control the condition. Sometimes intervention is needed in the form of PTRA and stenting.
Related Tip: Kidney Stones and Homeopathy
Now we do bypass on beating heart complication rate is very low and death rate is less than 1%.
Now total arterial bypass surgery is there so patients are symptom free for 20 to 25 yrs post bypass surgery which can not be achieved by angioplasty or other modes of treatment.
So if your more than two artery are blocked you should go for bypass surgery which is always superior to angioplasty (stent).
Cost of surgery and angioplasty are same. So its better to go for bypass surgery in above mentioned cases.
My open heart surgery done 2013 valve repair and vsd device done. But some time I have heart beat increase. When I weight lift. Can you tell me what is solutions.
My husband have high BP problem. His age is 31 year. And weight is 94 kg .he is taking medicine seloken xl 50 but still BP is 140/90 some time 150. What should we do for this.
I have feeling Nervousness (घबराहट) in heart many time in a day suddenly heart beat very fast and feel weak ness in all body.
Good afternoon sir, I am 50 years old & since last 5 years I have been diagnosed as diabetic. But I have not started with medicines for it. Just with 6 kms brisk walking a day I was trying to control it. I am hypertensive also & for it I am on Telma 40H since last 5 years & B.P. Is, well controlled but unfortunately my post. Meal sugar is bit high always. Today I checked my post meal sugar it is 195 and creatinine is 1.2.I was advised to start with metformin 500 mg BD. Way back in 2012 apr. please advise me what should I do & is my creatinine level normal. Waiting for your reply.
My father has faced major attack before one month. So 6-7 day back PGI Chandigarh's doc has imose two stent due to blockage. I have question after this process is he can do daily routine work. Like cycling and farming. Please suggest.
Homeopathy is a method of treatment, which is based on the fact that symptoms of a certain disease, if induced in small quantities, may help cure the same disease in a sick person. Cardiological disorders are complications of the heart; they can range from various disorders, such as heart attack or irregular heartbeats.
Homeopathic remedies are based on naturally occurring substances and are given to the patients in a diluted form. These remedies trigger the symptoms in small quantities and heal the body.
The various homeopathic treatments for cardiological disorders are:
- Latrodectus: This treatment is used to treat symptoms of precordial pain in the body.
- Aurum metallicum: Aurum metallicum is used in treating symptoms of weakness in the muscles of the heart.
- Aconitum:This treatment is used when a person is having a heart attack.
- Spigelia: Spigelia is used in the treatment of irregular heartbeats which may cause sharp pain in the chest.
- Cactus grandiflorus: This treatment is used in treating angina pectoris, which is characterized by symptoms of pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart.
- Crataegus oxyacantha: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating coronary insufficiency in people. This disorder cause problems in heartbeat.
- Digitalis: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating cardiac muscle failure. This disorder causes palpitation, tightness in the heart muscles and a suffocating sensation.
- Kalmia latifolia: This treatment is effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy, which causes the heart muscle to thicken, resulting in size reduction of the ventricles. This treatment is very effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy that results after rheumatism.
- Glonoinum: This homeopathic treatment is prescribed to treat symptoms of plaque buildup in the artery, which cause hypertension.
Related Tip: "5 Causes Of Heart Failure"