Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N SathyavathiYour feedback matters!
How to control bleeding after sex for the first time, Will it bleed for days? If bleed of blood is dark what does it indicate? please help me out.
I did a TVS test yesterday for my pregnancy but in the report mentioned no yolk sac/ foetal pole present. But when I did homes test twice it was positive. I missed my periods on 3rd march 2017. Is it too early for tvs.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Mam mere date 21 June ko ani thi but abhi tak nahi ayi mujhe pehle 2 miscarriage jo chuke hai us doran bhi periods wala pain hota tha and same at this time 2 blood test and urine test done but negative also coloured ultrasound but all negative strong feeling of pregnancy but can't understand please help.
I use I pill after sex on but it is safe to use ipill once again after 20 days is there any problem or should I take another alternative to avoid pregnancy please suggest me what should I do it will be great full to you thanks.
My boyfriend touched his penis to my vagina for jus a second but didn't penetrate inside, I felt some thing wet near the opening of my vagina, r there chances for me to get pregnant?
She has a severe pain in both sides of her breasts. Often it occurs. And it lasts for about 10 to 15 days.please advice
Hi madam before 5 mths I was pregnant that time my husband plan to get job so we r planning to abort using of mifepristone and mifepristone after that periods are comes with like sticky white discharge and I am worried about further pregnancy if any complications for future baby.
I want to know when we can identify females pregnancy. After how many days of intercourse. She starts feeling dizzy?
My fiancee touched my vaginal lips through his pennis, I had my periods but it didn't stop and he didn't insert me scared whether I will get pregnant or what.
Any vaccine available for genital herpes. And how reduce the infection to other person with having a condom any medicine or vaccine available now? Please tell me and help my friend.
I got married 1 months before. My marriage is love cum arranged marriage. And we plan for our baby after 1 year so that we are doing our intercourse with safe and using Condoms only. But that one is not working all time so wen just want suggestions about pills that prevent pregnancy and without any side effects. So recommends as good birth control pill which is not harmful to both of us.
I have missed my last period hence as per doctor consultation I have taken unwanted kit mifepristone on 12 jan and got my period on 14 jan, after that I had safe sex and every time used condoms. But till date my period not came its 9 days late now, I have checked through pregnancy kit, result is negative but my worry is why period not came. Not I have to travel for one week as per office work. Very much worried. Please suggest way. Does cycle changes after taking mifepristone?
Hi, I am a 19 year old male, I nd my girlfriend had protected sex on the most fertile day of the month, we did do some foreplay after the intercourse, that we did some kissing nd fingering etc, can it be possible that my sperm got touched on her vagina by mistake while fingering. As now its been 14 days since we hav had that intercourse nd now she is showing signs of pregnancy, like, headache, vomiting feeling (did not vomit yet), backache, pain on the breasts, darkened nipples (not the areola), itching inside the vagina, increased appetite, stomach aches at times. We r really confused on what it cud be, what could be the possible reason fr all these signs. How can we stop it. We do not want any family involvement, please help us to get out of it. We want to sort it out at the earliest.
Hi Doctor, My wife has a 2 month old baby. Is it safe to have sex with my wife. I am afraid she might get pregnant after having sex. We are not planning second baby for 2 years. My wife's first baby was a case. Can you please ADVICE.
I am 42 now and still don't have any kid. Got 2 IUI and 1 IVF done. NOW should I go for further treatments for baby or stop here only due to age.
Period cycle 34-37 days long. On an average 35 days long. But follicles on ovary also enlarged Ovary. But no Hormonal disbalance. What to do to conceive asap?
My wife through urine pregnancy Test found that she is pregnant. So whether I can continue physical relationship with her or not. Kindly advice. The doctor given her 2 Medicines namely a) becozinc (syrup) b) Rejunuron-OD for 1 Month.
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1. Vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
5. Lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.