Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N SathyavathiYour feedback matters!
I hav iui 9 days ago but still hav no sign of pregnency. I have breast pain every month same after iui.
My wife is pregnant in this time what food is need full to her and his baby. How to care him at this time please suggest me.
Many physician say using soap to wash the vagina is wrong but what can a girl use to wash her vagina during her menstrual period to remove the blood stench and still not have an infection.
For nearly 30 years, HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) have been shrouded in myths and misconceptions. In some cases, these mistaken ideas have prompted the very behavior that cause more people to become HIV positive. Here are the top five myths about HIV, along with the facts to dispute them.
Myth No. 1: I can get HIV by being around people who are HIV-positive.
The evidence shows that HIV is non communicable and does not spread through touch, tears, sweat or saliva. You cannot catch HIV by:
- Breathing the same air as someone who is HIV-positive
- Touching a toilet seat or doorknob handle after an HIV-positive person
- Drinking from a water fountain
- Hugging, kissing, or shaking hands with someone who is HIV-positive
- Sharing eating utensils with an HIV-positive person
- Using exercise equipment at a gym
You can get it from infected blood, semen, vaginal fluid, or mother's milk.
Myth No. 2: I can get HIV from mosquitoes.
Because HIV is spread through blood, people have worried that biting or bloodsucking insects might spread HIV. Several studies, however, show no evidence to support this, even in areas with lots of mosquitoes and cases of HIV. When insects bite, they do not inject the blood of the person or animal they have last bitten. Also, HIV lives for only a short time inside an insect.
Myth No. 3: I'm HIV positive, my life is over.
In the early years of the disease epidemic, the death rate from AIDS was extremely high. But today, antiretroviral drugs allow HIV positive people and even those with AIDS to live much longer, normal and productive lives.
Myth No. 4: My partner and I are both HIV positive there's no reason for us to practice safer sex.
Practising safer sex, wearing condoms or using dental dams can protect you both from becoming exposed to other (potentially drug resistant) strains of HIV.
Myth No. 5: You can't get HIV from oral sex.
It's true that oral sex is less risky than some other types of sex. But you can get HIV by having oral sex with either a man or a woman who is HIV positive. Always use a latex barrier during oral sex.
I am 21. I have irregular periods. Doctor examined me for initial pcos. Also I took I pill 3-4 times with gap of 6 months. What gonna happen now?
I am 23 years old. I suffer from severe menstrual cramps every month. I don't want to take medicine but it's painful. I tried home remedies and none of it worked and at last I took the medicine. Please acknowledge me about the effects of medicine for my future, Will it be good to take medicine every time and please suggest me some ways to get rid of the pain.
Dear sir, my wife now pregnant from last 2week, bt at present time I dont want to baby because I am job less, so please give me solution about abortion.
You may have noticed that the elders in your home often talked about how their grandparents kept water overnight in copper jars believing that by drinking that water in the morning would cleanse both mind and body.
It is true because copper is an essential mineral for the body. Even Ayurveda advises to store water in copper vessels and drink it for the maintenance of good health. The copper is said to possess an electromagnetic energy that aids in solving the issues arising from the imbalances in the body.
Here are the top health benefits of consuming copper water:
It is antimicrobial: Storing water in copper vessels for 16 hours at room temperature can kill all the microbes, which would otherwise cause water borne diseases. The University of South Carolina reports that copper has intense purifying power. The report also suggests that copper surface can put an end to 97 percent of bacteria and microbes that may lead to hospital acquired infections.
It acts as a brain stimulant: The human brain functions by transmitting impulse from neurons to neurons through the regions called synapses. Copper aids in the generation of phospholipids which are needful for the formation of the myelin sheaths that act as a kind of conductive agent.
It helps in healthy weight loss: When diet regulation is of no help to you, then you can opt for drinking water stored in copper jugs regularly. It helps in tuning the digestive system for better performance as well as breaking down of fat and eliminates it out of the body efficiently.
It aids in slowing down ageing: Copper is a natural remedy for your wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of ageing that have started occurring on your face. It has very strong antioxidants and cell forming properties and is also effective in fighting free radicals, which actually lead to the formation of fine lines. By drinking water from copper vessels regularly, you will be able to keep your skin renewed by replacing the old and dying ones.
It has anti-inflammatory properties: This helps in the reduction of anti-inflammatory pains including arthritis and if you are suffering from aches and pains in different parts of the body, you can drink water from the copper vessels every morning for soothing inflamed joints.
Apart from copper, silver and gold are used by Ayurveda for drinking water.These metals have different indications based on your disease. So, kindly consult and know what is best for you.
Hello Sir/Madam, I'm 25 year old girl, it has been 4 years that I have been suffering from PCOS. I have consulted a gynaecologist and she has given me some medicines that I have been having through in the past 4 years. The problem I'm having is that my hair is thinning from top of head and even in volume. I know if I lose weight my symptoms will improve but if I lose weight will I totally get rid of PCOS? Also I wanted to know that if I do homemade hair cleansers like fenugreek seeds with curd mask or reetha shikakai amla masks will these help in regaining my hair volume and thick hair both from top of head and in total volume or will I never get back? Please kindly guide me. Also when will I get to know that I have overcome and have gotten rid of PCOS?
My wife is not conceiving as it's 18 months passed of our marriage, she has thyroid problem but it's Normal now as she is taking medicine for that, and one lady doctor suggested OVALIFE plus for 3 months but no positive results till now. She has 28 days cycle of menstruation and bleeding is for 4 days only and some times period comes 3 -4 days earlier and sometimes 7 days later. please help.
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.
Hai, I had sex on 12th day. After having sex, there is excess of white discharge for me, Than before. Does this shows any indication? If this happens, can I get a pregnancy now? please tell me.
My wife is 30 weeks pregnant. Last two days she told heavy pain whenever baby movement happened. Back pain and stomach pain. Is this normal or ? Last week Dr. Told stomach looks upside. So may be possible early delivery.
Before 4 month unfortunately mera miscarriage ho gya tha. Lekin m 2 month se try kar rahi hu but m conceive nhi kar pa rhi hu. And mam give me some tips to stop miscarriage in next time.
My wife has done ultrasonography today. There found. Ovaries: Right overy is enlarged (71×55 mm) with few (3 in no.) well defined anechoic cysts, largest measuring 37×26 mm Left overy is normal in size (38×18 mm) with a small cysts measuring 17×12 mm. IMPRESSION: bilateral Iberian cysts as described. Now what will I do. Plz, suggest me.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.