Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N SathyavathiYour feedback matters!
I am Male, 62 years, diabetic since 2010. Up to 2010 I enjoyed good sexual activities. However, since then I have erectile problem. My sugar and bp is under control. How can I improve sex life? your advice please. Thanks in advance. Regards,
I am 22 Years old weighing 34 kgs and height 4'10" I have pcos detected from 5 years. I have very irregular periods. Last month my periods continued for a month with heavy bleeding. After taking one regestrone as directed by my doctor, periods stopped. Now after 15 days on regestrone I again had periods which lasted for 5 days. I had cramps and pain so doctor suggested blood test. They tested LH, FSH and Serum prolactin while I was on my periods. LH levels were 3.88mIU/ml FSH levels were 2.82mIU/ml and prolactin levels were 24.16 ng/ml. Due to high prolactin levels doctor gave me caberlin for a month once a week. Why are my prolactin levels so high? Am I pregnant? Is there any serious issue of tumour in hypothalamus? Do I need to worry and take serious measures? Help me.
Hello doctor. I am feeling weakness from some days. Vomiting and body pain. I have missed my periods too. Is it sign of pregnancy? Or any other reason?
It's been 7 months from my marriage. And I have never used any precaution nor my wife take any pills. But she has not conceived yet. What should we do? Any suggestions?
Hi. I had sex with my husband three days after my periods and he ejaculated inside,so i had an i-pill after three hours.But the next day we had sex again,though he did not inserted inside .After three days i bleed for almost three days, it must be the side effect of the i-pill.Is there any chance of being pregnant.Will the i-pill which i have taken still work?
Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
1. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin c, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
2. Lemons contain pectin fibre which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
3. Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
4. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
5. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
6. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
7. It helps cure the common cold
8. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
9. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
10. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
11. It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
12. Aids in the production of digestive juices
13. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts, especially after a strenuous workout session.
14. It balances to maintain the ph levels in the body.
15. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver in case of a heartburn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
Meri wife pregnent h or uske pet p cat ne jump kra h so main bht dar rha hu is baat se k khn meri wife ka miscarriage na ho jaye kya please ap yeh bta skte h k cAt k kudne se miscarriage k sambhavna h k nhi.
We all crave for that glowing, healthy skin which is easy to maintain and are willing to shell our exorbitant amounts to achieve the same. However, we need not look far. There are some magical products right in our homes which can do the trick for us, without spending time or money. Besan (gram flour) is one such wonder.
Read on to know some of its most significant benefits.
- Anti-tanning effects: If you have just come back from a holiday and are wondering how to get rid of the tan from your face, then try this. Mix a couple of spoons of besan with some lime, yogurt and a pinch of turmeric. Leave it on your face for a while and wash it off to see your skin become radiant and glowing. In about a week’s time, your tan would be a thing of the past.
- Decrease oily feeling: For people with oily or greasy skin, a simple face pack made by mixing gram flour with raw milk or yogurt applied for 20 minutes will do wonders. It can even be mixed with rose water and honey and used as a face pack. The residues and the dirt that oily skin tends to accumulate would be gone.
- Anti-acne agent: While acne continues to remain one of the dreadful skin issues, the besan comes to the rescue here too. Mixed with sandalwood powder, milk and turmeric powder, besan can be used to fight pimples. Apply it on the skin and dry it off once it dries.
- Anti-sagging effect: Whip up an egg white and add gram flour to it and apply it on the face for about 30 minutes. The skin will be firmer and will have a youthful glow.
- For instant fairness: When you have a function coming up or have to go out and do not have time for a visit to the parlour, head to the kitchen. Take the besan flour and add orange peel powder if available or just add milk cream. Use circular motions to help it soak into the skin. When you wash it after about 20 to 30 minutes, the skin will be soft, supple, and flowing.
- Controls unwanted hair: With regular use, besan mixed with fenugreek seeds (methi) or sandalwood powder, lime, and milk cream helps control unwanted hair growth.
For those who remember, besan is the only cleaning agent used, which leaves them with soft, supple skin which is free of oiliness and unwanted hair. So, what are you waiting for? The best art is that this can be used regularly without having to step out of the house while continuing to do the regular household chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I got married before 4 years but still my wife has not got pregnant and my tonsil r not in same size is there any problem in that.
I am a polysystic ovarian patient. Is there any chance to get conceived. I have take pills to periods. Does it affect badly for the baby.
Vaginal dryness is a painful and uncomfortable condition that can happen to women of any age. It is most common in menopausal women. Low estrogen levels during menopause can be one of the main causes of vaginal dryness. Childbirth, anti estrogen and lactation are some of the other causes of vaginal dryness.
Other medications like those taken during breast cancer treatment can cause vaginal dryness. Antidepressants and allergy and cold medicines too can cause vaginal dryness. Some other uncommon causes are the use of vaginal douches which disturb the chemical balance and the unusual autoimmune disease called sjö gren's syndrome.
Hormone replacement therapy (hrt) is usually advised to treat vaginal dryness. But many women do not opt for it as hrt can lead to breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases. Homeopathy can help you with symptoms of menopause by triggering the natural hormonal balance.
Most of the time homeopathic remedies focus on the bigger symptoms of menopause to handle the issue of dryness. Some of the most recommended homeopathic remedies are as follows:
- Sepia: if you have marked itching accompanied by dryness, if you get hot flushes that move up your body and mood swings, if you feel pain during coitus and are susceptible to vaginal discharge and yeast infections, then sepia is beneficial.
- Lycopodium: you may need lycopodium if you have hot flushes that move up to your face and if your sweat smells, and feels sticky. If there is inconsistency in urination and you get cramps in your legs, lycopodium can help in the long run.
- Natrum mur: pain during sex (dyspareunia) leads to low self-esteem and strained relationships. Natrum mur is the best medicine to treat vaginal pain that arises from dryness.
- Platina: vaginal dryness leads to both dyspareunia and vaginismus (inability to engage in vaginal penetration, for instance, penile penetration, inserting tampons, etc.). These issues can be treated with platina.
- Argentum nitricum: vaginal dryness can lead to bleeding during sex. Argentum nitricum is most beneficial if you experience pain during sex and bleeding thereafter.
- Bryonia: hot flushes with feeling faint, headaches and constipation are treated with bryonia.
- Folliculinum: if there are complaints of brown or yellow vaginal discharge, erratic menstrual cycle, constant cystitis and weight gain along with dryness, then folliculinum is prescribed.
As I have been getting a lot of questions of pain in hands/legs, headaches, irritation/pain in eyes and other with motor or sensory symptoms without any conventional medical tests showing any abnormality, I have presented below a brief description of conversion disorders.
A conversion disorder causes patients to suffer from neurological symptoms, such as numbness, blindness, paralysis, or fits without a definable organic cause. It is thought that symptoms arise in response to stressful situations affecting a patient's mental health.
Some of the most typical symptoms include blindness, partial or total paralysis, inability to speak, deafness, numbness, sores, difficulty swallowing, incontinence, balance problems, seizures, tremors, and difficulty walking
Impaired vision (hysterical blindness), double vision, impaired hearing (deafness) and loss or disturbance of touch or pain sensation
Symptoms arise through the power of suggestion, acting on a personality vulnerable to dissociation especially due to enforced replacement. In this hypothetical process, the subject's experience of their leg, for example, is split-off from the rest of their consciousness, resulting in paralysis or numbness in that leg which may re surface later.
The exclusion of neurological disease, the exclusion of feigning, and the determination of a psychological mechanism which is associated with stressors and conflicts.
Treatment of comorbid depression or anxiety if present.
Replacement of lost abilities suitably due to transference or loss of abilities
If you have any further queries please feel free to ask me a private question.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.
My wife has been diagnosed Torch positive He had occurred abortion and second time dilatation and curettage He has rubella and cmv reactive He has taken all antiviral for 30 days Now she is safe for pregnancy bcoz past history of 2 time abortion Dr. told no specific treatment available for Ig g reactive to rubella and cmv Dr. told pregnancy can occur but it might be continue or not we can not say anything bcoz fetus do not developed after 2 month so requirement of abortion or curettage is last option So what your suggestions? In all female cases this can be happen or chance of full term normal delivery is noticeable?
Most of us live with excruciating amount of stress. Rising competition, the rat race, our loans, insurances, health, family, social life and work, everything these days is simply adds on to our levels of stress.
It’s the stress that reminds us of deadlines, prompts us to work better. But the most common type of stress, or distress can have negative effects on our body. Apart from general physical health, it can hurt our bones as well.
1. Excess Stress and Our Bones: Excess stress releases chemicals into bloodstream, particularly the hormone cortisol. Now, this is the hormone that gives our brain and body a temporary boost. But having this hormone for a long term can result in real damage to our bone density. Meanwhile, it can even elevate our blood pressure, result in glucose problems and digestive issues with cardiovascular symptoms.
2. Reduced Bone Density: Reduced bone density, due to stress has several negative effects. For instance, it can increase sugar cravings and lead to obesity. It can also lead to osteoporosis and a number of recurrent fractures.
3. Cortisol Catch: Remember how researchers and doctors informed people that phosphoric acid in cola acts as a corrosive agent? Well that’s what cortisol does in long term. This can even result in other problems, such as exhaustion.
So, how should you deal with it?
Chronic stress can be dealt by understanding what the cause of stress is. Once you have the cause, follow simple relaxation tips, such as,
- Meditate for a few minutes, breathe deeply, exercise and tune into your body. Even ten-fifteen minutes of this is enough.
- Crank up the tunes, listen to a few songs, laugh or loud watching shows or simply go out with your friends.
- Eat well balanced meal, avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, be positive and seek out social support if needed.
- And if the stress still haunts you, consult a counsellor or a doctor for support.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.