Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MuthurasuYour feedback matters!
My husband earns lesser than me and is even lesser educated than me. He is a genuine nice guy, caring and my best friend. Seeing my peers ,my cousin's husband earning more makes me feel insecure and bothers me a lot. How can I stop comparing my would be husband's success with my peers .How do I stop my brain from thinking that I might be compromising as I deserve a more successful man. My heart knows that this man is very good one too. But I am. Scared what if I am married to him and then I regret seeing all my peers rise high in lifestyle and in their career. This comparison is really bothering me. Please suggest.
Sir, I have a problem that. I feel like something is running in my body continue. jaisa kuch fadak RHA ho. Ise kam karne k kuch upay bataye?
I am 23 years old girl, whenever I lift things (2-3kg) my hands are shivering. I cant even lift a kid in my hand.
I am 20 and I am suffering backache and high migraine problem. This problem has caused many problems to me. I had cured alot but it was not helpful. I jst want some good and healthy cure.
I am 74 years and am feeling numbness in my foot for the last 3-4 months It is not continues it stays for 4-5 minutes and then it goes. Please let me know the DOCTOR in Gurgaon for consultation
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I have great fear to take a cup or glass of hot things like tea. Whenever I try to do this, my hand as well as whole body tremble. Before some month I was taking a plastic cup of tea. That time my hand trembled and hot tea fell on my hand. And there was some burn on my hand. From that day I feel very much fear to take a cup or glass of hot tea.
I feel my head ache since more than 5 days, so can I consider it as a symptoms of migraine or it is just normal ache. Sometime I am unable to take my full sleep night.
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 31 year old. I have Brain Tumor. It had detected 6-7 months back. About its symptoms i am suffering from headache which is unbearable around tumor area. I am having right now ayurvedic medicine. But i want to know whether it is completely curable disease or not? Please ans me as soon as possible. And also guide me for precautions.
My child is 13 years old male. He is suffering from Idiopathic Epilepsy about 5 years ago. He continued valparin chrono 300 for 3 years according to neurologists advice and then stopped for 1 years because his EEG report was good. But current EEG report shows again Idiopathic Epilepsy. Dr. Again advised to cont same medicine for another 3 yrs. But when I take 2nd opinion from a Paediatric Neurologist he advised to stop the medicine and advised for IQ test & psychometry test & counselling. I am confused that should I continue the medicine or not? If yes which medicine he should continue? I Want your valuable opinion.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.