Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. MuthurasuYour feedback matters!
The Human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How Homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.
I have been suffering from migraine for last 9 years. The severe headache have affected me very badly please suggest some medication to get rid out off this. Just want to know whether migraine is curable and what habits should I inculcate to reduce its frequency. Please provide me information regarding medications and habits to follow to overcome this pain. Thank you so much.
My mother is having chronic insomnia. Prescribe any essential oil which will help this sleeping problem.
I am 47 years old woman. I am suffering from joint pains. Big toe and heel pain, neck pain, numb fingers. Please suggest what could be the problem.
My brother is having brain tumor from last 3.5 years. When it diagnosed it's of 2nd stage glioma. After that 1st surgery done. In that surgery he had loose the control of right side cause tumor is on left side. Then after 1 year again it occurs and he had a second surgery in hinduja hospital mumbai. After 2nd surgery radiation of 6 weeks also took with 5 cycles of chemotherapy tablets. After a 1.5 years again it occurs and surgery is done in July 2015. Now his tumor is in 4th stage. 4 cycle of chemotherapy have took after 3rd surgery. But from MRI doctor said that the tumor is not responding to the chemotherapy tablets. It's occurring and increasing. Please suggest actual condition and treatment if there is.
I am 33 female with 5'3" height. But I weigh 68 kilos. I have hypothyroidism and take 50mcg thyronorm. My gall bladder is removed due to gallstone two and half yrs ago. I suffer from migraine and chronic cough and cold since child hood. I had jaundice thrice. Class 3, 9 and 12. I feel drowsy always which hampers my research work. Moreover I do not get enough time to exercise and to take proper low carb diet. In this situation please suggest me doctor how to reduce my weight. Do you recommend slimming pills for me. please help.
Respected doctors .I want to ask about epilepsy .what is this? What are the symptoms? How we should cure it? I am fed up totally. My problem is that ,when I don't get proper sleep, my eyes get blink, my mind is not conscious and much more .it effects my study .I can't study properly. please tell me doctor.
I am 24 year old male somtime I feel shivering in my hand and some conditions I talk with unknown person then I feel shivering in my hands nd legs and not talk proper with other person kindly advice why is shivering in body and how to recover from this problem
Resp Sir, My wife is suffering very badly from Migraine problem since last 20 yrs. MRI was normal. Pl suggest any homeopathy medicine for the same. Also guide what things not to do. Thanx.
I have a major problem that m unable to wakeup at early morning daily I wakeup at 9 am or after 9 am there is excess of lethargyness in my body if I unable to wakeup in early morn how to do morning walk and exercise when I wakeup at 6 am forcedly means someone force me for wakeup my whole day disturbs m feeling excess of headache and finally sleep 4-5 hrs in noon m unable to do any work feeling depressed and irritated due to this while I sleep at 11: 30 on or at 12noon in night wht to do for sleep disorder please do not tell me do exercise wakeup morn my problem is only 1 unable to control my sleep if I wakeup in early morn then I do something please try to understand this prob is it sleep apnea or major sleep disorder suffer from hypothyroidism this sleep prob I suffer from appx childhood that time I have no work so no prob this time heavy work load so too much prob is their any treatment pill to control my sleep please guide me.
I'm patient of seizure. I always taken ox maxetol 300 medicines. I wanted b mother ,will my baby safe? Nd Brest feeding me pb hoga all pls explain me I need help.
Respected sir, my brother is suffering from the problem of frequent migraine. Kindly provide some advice so that this problem can br resolved. Thanks.
My Father has, Brain Tumor of grade 3 malignant - anaplastic astrocytoma in left side of brain. And due to that right part of body (hand, leg, speech) is not working. And also risk of limited life span. Do your ayurveda have any treatment.
There is numbness and pain in the middle finger of right hand and left foot below the ankle pls guide.
Dear sir I am suffering from insomnia from last 2 months. When I am sleeping then seeing many horrible dreams. So I avoid to sleeping, what to do to avoid this problem please tell me sir I am tensed about it. Thanks.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.