Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MuthurasuYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 years old male. I'm suffering from nerve pain in my leg, hand, head. What is the cause? What should I do?
Altamash has autistic disease. Doctor said that growth of his brain is very slow. So can you any other treatment for him.
Hi Doctor. I have ocular migraine issue from childhood. Last migraine occurred to me was in 2009 and before that it was in 2001 to be very precise. I observe that whenever I have nasal congestion I get this migraine attack. Past week I had got one such attack after 7 years. I remember, when I was 12 years old, I visited one eye specialist with my father and he gave me eye drop which helped me a lot immediately. From last 3 days, I have a very mild headache near my eye area. And I am still able to see clearly but whenever I get this mild headache, I get a little blind spot which goes in certain seconds. Today I am feeling almost 99% fine but still want your suggestion. I want to know that Eye drop which had given me immediate relief.
I have epilepsy and take oxetol 450 mg But still I talk in sleepbwhen I hav high stress Sometimes I have internal feeling that some one is also able to see through my thoughts. Yes see all that what I am thinking ,that exist just for 30 sec. What to do to avoid that. I tried yoga, meditation, wtc but still it persist.
I am suffering from parkinson' s disease for the last 4-5 years. My age is 72 years I am daily taking synodopa plus
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.