Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Muthulatha
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. MuthulathaYour feedback matters!
Good. But, the doctor didn't gave me ENOUGH time to explain my case.
A kidney stone may not be as big as the stones in your garden, but can be quite a pain. Kidney stones are actually mineral crystals that are usually a combination of calcium and phosphates. The size of a kidney stone ranges from the size of a sugar crystal to a ping pong ball. While some kidney stones pass out of the body along with urine, others can block the urethra and become painful.
In addition to being painful, a kidney stone can cause permanent damage to your kidneys. Since large kidney stones are usually painful, they rarely go undiagnosed. However, if a kidney stone is left untreated, it could cause the kidney to atrophy and lower the functionality of the kidney. Kidney stones that are related to an infection can also lead to chronic urinary tract infections and damage the kidney through scarring and inflammation. This could eventually lead to kidney failure.
Not all kidney stones need to be treated with surgery. If the kidney stone is very small, your doctor may prescribe plenty of water and medication to treat the pain. With plenty of water, you should be able to pass the stone in your urine. Ideally, you should take plenty of rest until the stone is passed.
Larger kidney stones may need you to be hospitalized for treatment. These are:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL): To begin this of treatment, a painkiller is administered. Ultrasonic waves are used to determine the location of the kidney stone. Shock waves are then passed through the kidney stone to break it into smaller pieces, which can then pass out of the body through urine.
- Ureteroscopy: This is also called retrograde intrarenal surgery and is performed when the kidney stone is stuck in the ureter. A ureteroscope is passed through the urethra and bladder into the ureter. Laser energy may then be used to break the stone into smaller pieces to unblock the ureter.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL): This surgery is performed under general anesthesia. It involves a small incision being made in the back and a nephroscope passed into the kidney through it. Laser or pneumatic energy is then used to break up the stone into smaller pieces and pull them out.
- Open surgery: Open surgery is performed only in the case of an abnormally large stone or abnormal anatomy of the person. An incision is made in the back that allows the doctor to access the kidney and manually remove the stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
My husband is suffering from kidney stones for the past 3 months and after scanning we came to know that there is a small stone which is 3mm in size. Can you give me a suggestion to get out from this problem?
My toddler age two is having 2-3 rbc in his urine. What could be the cause? Before he was having kidney stone of 3-4 mm but now its not there but still rbc in urine is 2-3. Why is it there? I was giving him potrate mb6 syrup 3 ml a day should I continue it or can I stop it?
Many theories or reasons are given, but in most of the cases, cause of stone formation in the kidneys is not clear. Biochemical dysfunction seems to be the only possible explanation. Stones generally develop very slowly. The tendency to stone formation may be hereditary. Stones may vary in size from sand particles to large stone.
Signs & Symptoms:
Urinary stones may be present for many years and may give rise to no symptoms. When a stone obstructs the urinary passage, mild pain to severe renal colic occurs. There may be restlessness, sweating, pallor, vomiting, frequent urination, blood in urine etc. Attack of pain may last few hours to a few days, varying in severity and pathological conditions. In many cases, urinary infection is a common occurrence.
Homeopathic medicine can help you by two ways.
- Removal of renal stone
- Stop the tendency of recurrence
Homeopathic treatment plan comprises of:
A. Careful monitoring of the case:
1. Ultrasonography at regular interval of three to four months to monitor
- The size of the stone
- Movement of the stone along the urinary passage.
2. Kidney function tests should be done to evaluate the function of kidneys.
3. Urine examination may be helpful to treat the accompanying urinary infections.
4. Parathyroid hormone and serum calcium level for recurrent stone formation.
B. Homeopathic Medicinal approach over allopathic medicine:
It is a well-known fact that some stones can pass naturally. But often they may cause severe pain and at times obstruction. Painkillers and antispasmodics can relieve the pain and spasm, but it can hamper or suspend the onward and outward movement of the stone. With homeopathic treatment, even moderate-sized stone can pass absolutely painlessly.
C. Homeopathic Medicinal approach over Surgery:
1. In bilateral, multiple and recurrent stones, constitutional homeopathic treatment is far-more superior than surgery or any other therapy as it has the potential to help the body, not only throw the stone out but also improve the biochemical dysfunction to check the recurrence of stone formation.
2. Surgery can be helpful only when the size of the stone is very large, causing damage to kidney by back- pressure. Even then, homeopathic treatment is of significant importance to improve the basic biochemical defects.
Homeopathic medicine for renal stone:
There are so many medicines for renal calculi, but few commonly used medicines are - Berberis, benzoic acid, cantharis, Lycopodium, equisetum, Sarsaparilla etc.
• Eat calcium reach food (not supplementary calcium), Take citrus fruits, Limit salts and animal protein. Avoid alcohol, phytate, phosphate and oxalate rich food.
• Increased amounts of fluid intake are advisable.
Here In NANOPATHY (The Complete Care with Homeopathy) special formulated protocol is used to give Maximum Result with Minimum Medicine & without side effect in every disease condition. Treatment of renal stone also comes in such protocol which will give you rapid relief.