Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Muthu RathinamYour feedback matters!
I have knee pain every two-three day and it will occur sudden, so tell me the solution what I can do for it.
I have a pain in neck all time. When I take medicine it was remove otherwise pain continuously in my neck.
I am a marketing job holder and because of regular bike driving I feel a bit back ache. Does it happen because of posture? Help me with types of exercises to do to prevent further problems ahead.
I'm having in my joints they pain very badly even when I walk smaller distance I always feel sad and depressed why this happening and how to cure.
I am having spondylisis problem for the past 4 years. L7 vertebra suffered much wear and tear. Ortho doctor advising me traction. Any better suggestions.
Hi, Usually I used to walk for more than 2 kms per day but for the past one week I am not able to walk even for a 500metre I am getting severe pain in the thigh and foots. And I have fever from monday I took acetaminophen continuously for 4 days even though still I am having fever and this leg pain so what should I do? Please suggest some good medicines for me ASAP.
My office friend who is a lady is having difficulty in walking as she is having pain in her foot as her ankles are swollen. She is Vitamin D deficient, is this the cause? Has checked for Rheumatoid factor who is negative, please advise.
Sir, Thanks for fulfilling my query on thyroglobulin levels. Now I have a lobe near my neck. It is not that big but visible. Now my Homeopathy doctor says that the lobe will go after continuing the medicines. Is surgery necessary.
I have a little pain everyday in my both the knees I have also consulted a doctor but he has advise me just to drink a milk but it is not effectable for me.
I am 21 year old last week I suffered from fever from that time I have lot of backache so what can I do.
I passed all kidney tests but the swelling of feet remains as it is. Taking TELZY80-CH and COLTRO-10 for B.P. And LIPID. Is there any link between swelling and medicine? My weight is 145 kgs, age 55 yrs, male, 5.8' hgt.
I am 20 year old male and have back pain and used many pain killer but no relief. please give me your advice.
Hi, I am 37 years old male. I have pain in my right leg since1994, I got several treatment from specialist doctors, like orthopaedic, physician, nerologic but I have no relief, a doctor suggest me a tab zeptol, when I take this I got releif, now what should I do?
I am suffering from lumber spinal stenosis with sever back pain and numbness+weakness in both legs. Also limitations in steady walking. Please prescribe suitable medicine.
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.