Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MutharasuYour feedback matters!
My friend 25 male suffering from migraine headache. He Always use painkiller and is not good. Sir please give another suggestion.
I have spider veins on my thighs & also have nerve pain in my right arm & legs. Please suggest any remedy about it.
I have the problem of fits (epilepsy) since 2008. It happens one or two times in a year. As it gives no symptoms like headache etc. Before it. Why this is happened? I took treatment in two hospitals. All the reports are normal. Doctor suggested to take tablets eptoin 100 mg twice a daily upto lifetime. Is it have any side effects?
Hi I am 50 years old female and diabetic to, I have a lot of dryness and numbness in my feet please help thanks
I am having a severe headache or migraine. I can't sleep even. All I could feel is pain in my head please help.
I have migraine. It occurs frequently since few months. Earlier it wasn't that frequent. What shall I do to avoid it or reduce it?
I am suffering migraine for 5 years Please provide some knowledge on remedies and any routine, diet any special exercises.
Hello Doctor, I am having migraine headaches frequently. Things I experience are - Pulsating head pain, pain increases as I move, eye strain (becomes very sensitive to light. What should I do now. Which doctor should I consult?
I'm having upper abdominal right below my ribs usually after I eat, side pain like under my rib usually after I eat, really bad migraines, right side of my chest hurts kinda like my boob, dizzy, light headed, I feel like I'm going to pass out, and I also feel like I'm going to get sick, and now I feel like my left arm is week and numb. What could this be?
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
Hello doctor My female friend (24 years) is suffering from insomnia from several years. As a result she remains frustrated throughout the entire day and gets irritated at every single thing. Is there any remedy for this problem of her? Can anything home made could be useful in her situation?
I have migraine. Are there any home remedies to cure it completely? Or should I stick to the medicines prescribed by my doctor?
Autism is defined as a neurobiological pervasive development disorder that includes lack of social skills and inability to reciprocate to social interactions. The patient may also have intellectual and cognitive deficits and problems in communication (verbal as well as non-verbal).
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it.
Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Cuprum Metallicum: This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus: A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Carcinosin: This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus: This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Helleborus: This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them. These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution.
I have got highly shivering yesterday I don't know what is to be. I think it was fits but I cant analyzing! can you please help?
I am 37 years old. I am suffering from insomnia for the last 15 years. I am using lot of tablets prescribed by doctor. What is the natural remedy?
Hello Dr. Mere sir me drd rehta tha Dr. NE Kaha migrane h. CT scan Khuch nhi aaya. But Aajkl left side sir drd k saath saath. Aankh me b Kone me drd hota h. Jb karwat Leti hu Tb jyada. Jabda b drd krta h left side ka. Kya koi serious problem h? Suggest me Dr. Plzz.
Hie, my mom is 40 years old. She feels vibration under her pelvic area since a month. It doesn't pain her but annoys her a lot. After many tests result is still unclear some reports conclude that there is some infection and she has deficiency of vitamin d. She continues to feel that vibration even after medications. What can be the cause? and what should be done for this?
I have given some information about epilepsy for general population.
I hope it will create more awareness in general population about debilitating condition.