Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MuraliYour feedback matters!
Hi my name is tejal debate I m facing problem of acidity from previous 2 year I can't understand why this will happen regularly. Help me how to maintain that I now to reduce that.
I am 39 years old. I have some acid coming to my throat after eating and at sleeping. I feel like vomiting. I have constipation also. Suggest me the remedy?
She has stones in the gall bladder. Is there any option except operation? How can it be dissolved naturally?
Sir please so jest me I am safariing last two years gastric problem I take Medicine pan D, Sompraj Roja.
Hi respected doctors. Kindly help me its urgent. I have been getting loose motion 5-6 times a day since long back. I consulted doctor many times. He gave me medicine and detected IBS this what he told me. I followed each and every precaution still I am having same condition. Due to this I feel very weak and I am not able to pay attention. Please help me out.
I'm 18 years old male. I do not have any physical problem as such but i've observed that during excretion I bleed few droplets of dark red blood. I do not have any kind of pain for the same but my anus sometimes gets the pain of stretching when I poop.
Whenever I eat anything oliy I feel acidity. What should I do now I really like eating junk food alot.
I am 42years female and have acidity for years and I use zentac 150mg for relief. Can I use the medicine for years? And also I get pain mostly near to my heart and it proceeds to my back bone. When I take medicine I am relieved from the pain. I am not a diabetic and my blood pressure is under control.
I am taking lubigest , folgel plus and asa for conceiving. Can I take homeopathy medicine for loose motion. BIO COMBINATION 8 DIARRHOEA.
My age is 40 Years, work culture on computer every day 10-12 hrs, I have neck pain since last 8-9 months and also have heart burn problem on few occasion and eye sight also tested +1 ECG, BLOOD, xray test result normal. advice me please.
For last four days the bowel is not getting cleared property. I can see what I have in my bowel movement. Today see a pieces of skin in bowel movement.
Sir I have severe migraine with gastic and biles problem. It is maximum during my mensuration with pain in lower abdomen. Some years ago I have operated for galblader stone. Right now I am taking pantop-d for gastic, vasograin for migraine 1/2 a day according to pain and avil 25 for biles(pita). Please suggest. Suffering from last 12 to 14 years, taken treatment from lots of doctors.
She has problem in the rectum probably fissures or rectal prolapse / hemorrhoids she has a problem when she eats spicy food either there's no problem tell me what can happens in the future?
What are lower abdominal muscles does these are related to vagina and does dancing loosens vagina of a non virgin girl if she keeps dancing every type of dance daily as a exercise.Please tell.
I have stomach problem due to this I have pain in forehead daily I think its digestion problem what I do please tell me.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures: Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda:
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
- Sour citrus fruits
- Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda:
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
- Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
- Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
- Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
- Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
- Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
- Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.