Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MukunthanYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever from a week, And having pain in my both knees, And chest too so what medicine should I take? Or what is the treatment without taking medicines?
Sir, someone hitted me with iron rod on thighs, legs and on foot. In x-rays there is nothing but there is swelling on thighs and on leg too. So, what should I do now. I have to run in physical test on 21 april. Please help me
I am 23 year old as I am doing job. So I have to stand the entire working hours when I woke up in morning. I am not able to walk for few steps. My foot pain for first few step.
If you are suffering from a swollen ankle, you can opt for homeopathic treatment. Swollen ankles are commonly caused because of factors such as trauma, ankle injury, ankle sprains, arthritis, steroids, certain medicines, lymphedema, venous insufficiency and many others. There are various homeopathic medicines, which are commonly used for treating swollen ankles occurring due to different reasons.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for swollen ankles:
Apis Mellifica and Apocynum: These homeopathic medicines are suggested in case of dropsical swelling over the ankles. The swelling occurs because of water retention in your tissues. Apis is used where the patient’s ankles are pale, waxy, and swollen. The ankles become sensitive to touch and stinging pain is likely. Apocynum is used in case of dropsical swellings which occur after cardiac diseases. These dropsical swellings may develop on other parts of the body as well, apart from the ankles.
Ledum Pal: This is an efficient homeopathic medicine for swollen ankles, which develop due to arthritis. This medicine is used when the ankles are hot, swollen, and very painful. It is also used for treating swollen ankles due to gouty afflictions. In such patients, warmth worsens the pain while cold applications soothe the pain.
Arnica: Arnica is one of the best homeopathic medicines for swollen ankles, which occur because of an injury. It is a wonderful and fast working medicine, which resolves swelling and attends to other symptoms related to the injury. The ankles of a patient who needs Arnica feel painful, sore, and bruised to touch.
Ruta: This effective homeopathic medicine is used for treating swollen ankles occurring from a sprain, which is an overstretching of the ligaments. This medicine is ideal for sprained ankles along with weakness and pain in the ankle joint.
Hamamelis: This homeopathic medicine is considered to be very effective for the management of swollen ankles, caused due to varicose veins. It works best when used for the treatment of swollen ankles associated with venous insufficiency. The common symptoms which indicate that a patient requires this medicine include swollen, inflamed ankles, which occur because of congested and engorged veins. Cutting pain and soreness in the ankles are also likely. Swelling in the leg is another probable symptom.
Homeopathy is an effective natural remedy for swollen ankles, without having any side effect on the body. For treating swollen ankles, it is recommended for you to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking homeopathic medicines on your own.
I am 22 years old man. I have a problem of my back pain. I have already used a cream and also a therapy but I have not get any good results for relief. What should I do? Please suggest me.
I am 18 years old girl. I am suffering from left side back pain and pain on shoulders back and some on right side even. Please tell me the with what problem I was suffering.
6 months back she had faced an accident. Dat was a minor accident. But now she is facing joint pains in DAT parts. Can you please tell me y dis is happening n what is the cure.
I am 30 year old woman. I am having a lot of pain in my neck. Doctor says that the bone is straight due to lot of sitting . What I do tell me because I am a working woman.
I have skin problem like acne, itching problem on back & lower back pain & muscle ache problem. Why is it so?
I am 21 year old. I have problem with leg. My leg doesn't working properly has got pain at joints by riding. what should I do now.
I have back pain. I don't know why. I am not sitting for long. If I sit down for 2 to 3 hours then I feel worst pain in my back.
I am a 34 year old female suffering from chest pain for last 2 months. I have consulted a physician & an endocrinologist for the same (since I have hypothyroid) and taken due antibiotics courses. However it didn't help. I have also been suffering from multiple disc bulges in my lower back and have a cervical condition. Apart from this I have pain in my joints including the small joints in my fingers & toes. I have a suspicion that the chest pain might be related to the same, since it aggravates with physical movement. Can you please suggest the cause & treatment. For the same? Also if required do I consult a pulmonary or orthopaedic doc for it?
I was suffering from back pain more than one years. Whenever I play cricket it pain stars more aggressively I tried so many heath related solution but can not seem to rid of my problem.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.