Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MukunthanYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old male from kanpur I have a severe back pain problem from last 4 years when I am wakeup at morning my backpain is at top it also paining more at winter please help.
I am diabetic and having b. P. Both are well under control. But I feel tired, I am not fresh in the morning, always feel sleepy. I have leg pain too.
My mother-in-law age-55 year, having sciatica pain. Please tell the treatment. Is it curable with some exercise.
Every night she gets pain in her legs and body pain and feel weakness in her body and she has diabetes too. What to do? Please help me.
I am 40 years female, I am getting pain regularly on my right hand from shoulder joint. Pain will be there in the night and in early morning for 1 hour after wake-up. Once I start my work, it will not be there. Again it starts in the night. This pain is there from 15-20 years. Previously I have to lift my right hand with the help of left hand in the morning. Doctor please tell me the solution and reason for pain.?
I am 42 year old man, weighing 96 kg and my height is 5.10 feet. I feel pain in my knees sometimes as when I go to washroom or when I sit. I've no sugar problem but my bp is on higher side. What should I do?
I am having some nerves pain particularly hand and leg when I am tensed or over stressed. What to do.?
I am 50, for the last one month (not earlier), when walking feet is aching, mainly beneath the finger area especially more of left leg, that I cannot walk well. Ie. Under portions of 2nd and 3rd finger portion (mainly) of the feet is aching. Slight swelling on the feet also is observed. No other sickness now observing.
I am 30 years old. I'm suffering with breathing improperly. And even I have the problem with back pain. Pls give solution.
One of the most common diseases that afflict a large section of the population is arthritis. It is common among people who are above 40 years of age. Acute joint pain, difficulties in movement and weakened bones are among the most common symptoms of arthritis. Given the fact that it is a condition that has permeated into modern life so deeply is what makes arthritis one of the most feared illnesses of this time. Although there are multiple forms of arthritis, there are primarily two types, which are:
- Osteoarthritis: This is characterized by a breakdown of the cartilage between the bones. It is mostly known to affect a person’s joints.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a form of auto immune disease that severely affects the lining within the joints of bones.
The causes of arthritis might vary from person to person. Some of them are discussed below:
- Diet and nutrition habits: Some food items, especially red meat and products derived from animals can cause a rise in the level of uric acid thus, increasing the risks of arthritis as well as gout. Smoking also has been known to worsen this condition.
- Genetic predisposition: Some people are more prone to develop arthritis as they are genetically predisposed to it.
- Problem in the immune system: Rheumatoid arthritis is one condition which is caused by the attack of immune system on the lining of the joints within the body.
Risk factors for arthritis include:
- Obesity: The joints are subject to excess stress because of the excess weight. This results in a higher risk of arthritis in obese people.
- Age: The risk of arthritis increases with age.
- Family history: It is possible for you to be vulnerable to this disorder if arthritis runs in the family.
- Previous injury: People who have had a previous joint injury are more susceptible to arthritis.
Typical symptoms of both forms of arthritis are:
- Redness in the affected areas
- Stiffness in the joints
- Pain in the joints of the body
- Swelling in particular joints or most joints of the body
- Decreased mobility either due to pain or stiffness