Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
I have pain in my knee joints. When I running. So please suggest me what I do for relaxation of my pain.
Im 23 years old and suffering from back pain from the last 2 months would you please tell me what should I do.
My mother is 70 years old. She is having pain in her both legs for last two years. I have shown her to many specialist s. Viz neuro skin physician. MRI of back had okay report. In addition to pain she is having numbness sort of thing in her legs. Complaining heat sensation in her feet. Kindly suggest.
Lumbar disc prolapse causes severe back pain and radiates down to one or both legs below the knee. MRI shows exact problem. After basic pain killers - rest for a week, do some physiotherapy if pain persists, a pain management specialist is needed. He will see the possibility of a root block at the nerve affected by disc prolapse. If severe degree of prolapse, endoscopic discectomy under local anesthesia is best as a day care and minimally invasive procedure.The patient usually is discharged in 12-24 hrs.
Dr. my Neck pain is very badly so what do good medical medicine including sir help me I am very help less.
Im suffering from fever from inside not from outside n paining ma joints of knee n hands n severely vomiting since frm yesterday please suggest some advice. Plzzz.
My husband feel all body pain sleeping and feel restless for hours after a physical relation or sex.
Im suffering from backpain from last 2 months my age is 25 so please give me a good solution for this.
I'm studying B. Tech. I'm getting headache since 2 years. I consulted many doctors but no result at all. I'm getting pain on forehead, nerves at cheeks and neck. I'm getting pain for 6-8 hours a day. My nose gets blocked and I have cold all times and I can't inhale. When I get up from sleep I'm getting severe headache and became lazy. I'm losing my memory power. Give me solution for my problem. Thank you sir/madam.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.