Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Lakshmi Prakash
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Lakshmi PrakashYour feedback matters!
Which mental disease may be present in a healthy person? What are symptoms of this disease? Please also tell me treatment of this disease.
Hi, Kindly let me know that Stammering of kids can be cured by Acupressure? If yes let me know the treatment or doctors who can do acupressure procedures.
I am anxious about many things. For eg I can not sleep without properly checking door lock. Electric off. Gas off from regulator etc. If my kid is sick wit minor cold etc I think about the worse things. I felt happy or secure wit trusted friends or family.
According to Doctor's diagnosis I am suffering from DEPRESSION and I am on medication , taking 'Sthalopam' 10 mg for the past 4 months ! I am feeling much better but I would like to come out of this malady at the quickest ! Is there any Ayurvedic medicine which can be supplemented without contradicting the current drug and side effects any , for a faster recovery ?
Hi. I am 25 year old woman. I'm married since 4.5 years and I have a 3 year old son. I'm working for my husband in his organization. I recently had a huge fight with my husband. I promised my son to make him a small castle. But my husband tore it. And threw it away. Because I was unable to complete the work which he gave me. My child started crying. It broke my heart I'm suffering from anxiety disorder and this fight has pushed me beyond my limits. I think I am losing control and going crazy. Am I?
I think my friend is depressed. What should I do to support them without being patronizing. Also, should I (and if so, how should i) try get them help?
Sir I like a beautiful girl very heartily. I have also conversed with her minimum 2 years. I have sent her many loving sms. But never replied. She always said I like such kind of sms. Was she really loving me? please sir give satisfactory answer.
My exam is going on and even though I have completed my syllabus I am still feeling insecure whether I would be able to write properly in exam or not and for this I am having insomniac problems .Kindly help me out from this problem.
There are a number of psychological disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, and many more. The homeopathic cures for these disorders are given based on the patient’s condition and their history. These medicines need to be prescribed by a doctor only. However, the most common homeopathic cures for psychiatric disorders are as follows:
- Belladonna: Belladonna is a solution for delusions and should be given where there is restlessness, anxiety, and a desire to tear their own clothes. Such patients tend to spring out of bed and hurt people around him. They seem to be scared and see objects when they shut their eyes. The speech and actions of the patients are hasty.
- Hyoscyamus: This is a cure for intense insanity with a lot of excitation of the senses and abnormal impulses. Hyoscyamus is for patients who mostly imagine that they are being followed by some evil presence or that somebody is attempting to kill him. The patient keeps running from an imaginary enemy. They are very talkative and usually jumpy.
- Cimicifuga: In depressed states, this is one of our best cures. The patient is covered in a dull, dark and mental environment. He or she doubts people and items that seem unusual and unnatural.
- Stramonium: This cure is for patients who suffer from insanity and act in the most alarming manner. They usually have pipe dreams and see rats, mice, snakes and different creatures moving towards him or her.
- Sepia: Another cure is Sepia for the patients who have dull premonitions about their ailment, powerless memory, and feeling of weakness and vulnerability. They fear almost every situation, give up easily, and fear separation.
- Aurum metallicum: This is a cure for those with mental depression and sadness. They feel as if they have lost the companionship of their friends and are destined to stay alone. Their memory is frail, they are usually outraged, or feel the need to debate about everything.
- Ignatia: Most instances of depression at some time of the treatment require Ignatia. It suits women better while Arsenicum and Nux vomica are more appropriate for men. Ignatia is for patients who are always gloomy and tend to murmur with an inclination to sob. They conceal their sadness and are usually quiet.
- Sulfur: Sulfur is used as a cure for mental conditions that are broad and usually related to religious depression. They turn out to be on edge about their own life. They are additionally distracted and these patients will stop for quite a while to think about how words are spelled.
- Cannabis indica: This cure is for those who have heavenly vivid dreams and fantasies that cannot possibly exist in reality; however, they seem real to the patient. A moment appears to be a great many years, and a thing might seem to appear yards away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.