Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I am a student that I read in class 11th from math's science that's my problem got time upto 2.5 year but that still not getting clear please guide me.
I am engineering student. I haven't concentrate on my study. Feeling guilty and very depressed. But I don't have bad habits. So why m feeling depressed n stressful. Help me my exam is neer.
Hello Sir, my problem is about very less willing to read. I can't concentrate in reading, my mind is always thinking about other things. So how can I bring back the concentration and willing into my mind to read and read more and to do well in exam.
I am suffering from chronic depression since 5 years and my medication is Potheadin75 x2 at night , floxin40 and etirest. 5 in the morning, but recently I feel sadness along with fear without without any cause, the medicine prescribed doctor is not working at all, I have consult the doctor prescribed again the same medicine. I may kindly be give some medicine which relief the morning depression at least. Thanking you.
I know what it is but its really awkward and weird Sometimes 'I 'am hearing my own voice in my head saying bad and horrible things which I can't say to anyone" I don't know why but most probably I listen while I am worshiping the god or while praying and not only this but the bad things are related to god only I can say like extremely Vulgar and bad which I can't even think but unfortunately it pops up automatically and makes me embarrassed and shameful after that thing gets over I want to ask what is the issue which is going on with me? Please help and please tell me in detail! Thanks.
I am a 40 year old male. I am experiencing extreme mood swings / nervousness which last from 1 to 3 months. It has negatively effected my work and family life. Please advise.
My wife is going through a mental depression very often. She sometimes become furious. Please suggest me what to do? She argued with past days mistakes.
From last 2 month I am suffering from hysteria randamly time, after taking smell of onian getting well (healthy. So what I need to take care for this problem.
I am 27 year old and i'm a house wife. From last few days i'm feeling uncomfertable. All the time differnet type of negative points come in my mind. I'm not able to sleep.
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.