Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangai Sreenivasan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mangai SreenivasanYour feedback matters!
As one of the oldest tree nuts to be cultivated by humans, walnuts have long since been known as a wonder food that can prevent and manage many diseases. It is nutrient packed and is easily available in all seasons. Including a small handful of these nuts in the daily diet can help you stay healthy and fit. Store them in an airtight container and if refrigerated they can remain fresh for many months.
Following are the reasons why you must eat them
- Weight Management: Walnuts are high in fat and protein. You can sprinkle them on your salads, fruits, oats or any other cereal or eat them as they are. Due to its fat and protein content, they have a high satiety value and can prevent hunger for a long period of time.
- Brain Health- Walnuts resemble the brain and the omega 3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid found in them helps improve memory, concentration and brain functions in all age groups. Regular consumption of these nuts may prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Skin Health- Vitamin E found in walnuts helps in keeping the skin healthy, glowing and young. They have been found to prevent skin dryness and delay ageing.
- Heart Disease and Diabetes: The fat found in them is monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. They are an excellent source of the heart-friendly omega 3 fatty acids. The antioxidants found in walnuts keep the heart healthy and prevents type 2 diabetes. It helps regulate levels of LDL (the bad cholesterol) and enhance HDL (the good cholesterol).
- Source of Minerals- Apart from being rich in fats and protein they are also a good source of various minerals like copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, calcium, potassium etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
8 months back I have undergone c section. Still my periods r not back. I have been feeding once a day. Is it alarming? 15 day back I have seen small blood stains for two days and stomach pain. After that evry thing was normal. I'm worried do I need to undergo any medication for this please help me out.
Currently I am workings and have to focus on my diet too how to manage my diet schedule to stay healthy?
Helo doc. While having sex I do not feel anything from last 3-4 days. I want to feel that pleasure. N also want to is sex safe during periods.
Hello mam im 20 week pregnant. I hd a open surgery of fibroid at june 2015 so I want to know that possible to hv normal delivery?
I am 25 years females. i am pregnant and having infection in private parts. Itching pain and burning sensation. What should I do?
I am 22 years old girl from india. From last 2 years I am gaining weight day by day. I have irregular periods. Uric acid is around 7 mlc. I am having pcos as per doctors report. Please help to improve my health.
Hello doc. I'm carrying now with 23 weeks. I usually will feel movements all time after my meal but post evng I did not feel movements. I'm worried.
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.