Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mallika Samuel
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Mallika SamuelYour feedback matters!
What is beta thalassemia as I am 7 month pregnant and I am scared is it cured what should I do as the report says A2 hemoglobin in 4.4, and beta thalassemia trait it states what is the solution n will it effect my baby.
I gave unwanted 72 to my gf immediately after sex at 1st feb 2018. I used condom also but she is suffering from headache, vomiting etc. What can she do to prevent this? There is any chance of pregnancy?
I had sex with my bf just one day after periods and took pill within 24 hours and now after 10 days my period again happens any problems.
I am 22 year old girl. I was having severe acne, hirsutism, hair thinning and loss, and fatigue since lot of time. On consultation with a gynaec, in my blood test reports I got high dhea, testosterone free and dhea-s. She said I don't have pcos on doing the test, but recommended a course of Dianne -35 among anti biotic, and so did the dermatologist. I took Dianne 35 for 7 months and still the symptoms came back. I also get excess white discharge, fatigue, and weird impulses. Are there any other ways of reducing dhea, and solving acne, fatigue, hair problems, and hirsutism permanently?
Sir, i have unprotected vaginal sex with a csw 4 months ago. after 4 weeks of the incident i got rashes on my back that spreads equally on both sides and i got bad itching which presents now also. after 10 weeks i got tested for hiv pcr rna test at metropolis and result came'not detected after 4 months i got tested for hiv 4th generation test and result came 0.18 non reactive am i 100 percent sure that i am hiv negative because i am fearing about my symptoms is there any tests required for me according to my symptoms do i need any other std screenings please suggest me because i am going for marriage and i did not want to spoil any others life.
I have feelings of committing suicide, under went an abortion recently, abortion done through pills. My love of my life is ignoring. I am not understanding whats happening.
Hi Sir, I have intense pain in my left breast. I feed my 3.5 months old baby. What should I do. Please answer. I cant go to gyno as I have a baby. No one there to take care of him.
Sir agar bina sex ke unwanted 72 liya jata h to kya hota h? Or agr le liya gya ho to kya karna chahiye. Jisse koyi effect na ho body me. Please or actually confused the hmlg ki k6 hua h ,so please batayiye.
We had unprotected sex on 06 july 18. I took unwanted 72 in next 24 hrs. My period date was 13 and period came on 14. But in aug it should be come on 14 but till now it did not come. What should I do?
A woman suffering from PCOS must have two of the following three criterias
- Oligomenorrhoea (delayed and scanty menses) and /or anovulation (Hampered growth of Graffian Follicle of ovary ,leading to non- ovulatory cycles)
- Hyperandrogenism (Increased secretion of androgenic hormones in females). It is clinically manifested as increased facial and body hair growth, acne (pimples) etc. It is also revealed in blood tests as increased levels of testosterone, DHEA etc hormones.
- Polycystic appearance of ovaries that is seen in sonography.
- Alteration in Gonadotrophin releasing hormones with preferential production of Leutinizing Hormone (LH ) over Follicle Stimulating Hormone ( FSH )
- Insulin resistance at receptor level resulting in Hyperinsulinemia in blood
- Elevated levels of Free Testosterone and Androstenidione
- Decreased levels of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin ( SHBG ) Clinical significance
- Irregular menses
- Dyslipedemia ( increased cholesterol levels )
- Development of Type -2 Diabetes in later years of life - Subfertility
- Increased incidence of early pregnancy loss
- Higher risk of pregnancy complications like Gestational Diabetes, Pregnancy Induced Hypertension, Preterm Birth etc
- Obstructive sleep apnea etc Treatment
- Weight loss by following healthy diet and bringing modification in lifestyle
- Exercise on regular basis
- Medicinal treatment which include both hormonal and non-hormonal agents
- Surgical treatment which include cosmetic surgeries as well as ovarian drilling
PCOS is a spectral disorder, some women have very mild form while others may suffer more. The treatment options depend on woman’s age, symptoms, marital status, and eagerness to conceive. Regular and long term follow up with your Gynaecologist should be done. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!