Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Malika QuraishiYour feedback matters!
I feel hungry very little, especially in the morning, I do not feel hungry. After eating food feel to go toilet. Currently I am 21 year old but my weight is only 39 kg.
How can I get rid of excess stored fat in my chest region (moobs). It looks really embarrassing and I want to get rid of this asap. Please help.
Feeling so much of heat in the feet. And getting hungry often cannot sleep at ni8 freely can to give the reason and measures to take care and I have sugar.
I have prolonged bleeding from 25 days. Diagnosis done found uterine polyp of size 4.4cm long and 9 mm thick. Pls suggest the best.
I am suffering form headache from 1 or 2 week I used medicine but I can't get relief what should I do.
I got a severe fever from last two weeks. And also have cough and cold with headache. Then how I reduce my headache and fever please suggest me. Thanking you.
I am 23 years old and during nights I can't able to sleep with full of pain in my stomach. Please help me.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have external piles. Now a days I am having lot of bleeding while passing stool. I don't want surgery. Please suggest any other remedy.
Mera penis girlfriend ki vagina me jata hi nhi itni tight h. Us ke niche pillow rakh ker sex kru yaa fir oil lga ke theek rhega.
The habit of thumb sucking is very common in many toddlers and babies, but often disturbs the parents to a great extent. Before dealing with this habit, it is very imperative for parents to understand the cause of this behavior. The tendency of thumb sucking is quite normal for the babies as it makes them feel comforting.
Problems that occur with thumb sucking
There are certain problems that occur if the baby develops the habit of prolonged thumb sucking. The problem that occurs mainly on sucking the thumb for longer time is with the teeth of the toddlers which may result in speech problems. Some babies get over this habit of thumb sucking on their own without any adverse after affects. However, sometimes prolonged thumb sucking may result in irritation on the skin or lead to peeling off of the skin, causing discomfort and pain to the child. There are chances that even the nails on the fingers grow in a crooked manner because of infection caused by thumb sucking.
How to get your child to leave thumb sucking habit?
- Parents must in any case not force their toddlers to stop this habit or get upset with them, as it can cause the toddler to develop this habit all the more.
- A child mainly sucks his thumb for comfort, and the habit can be stopped by diverting their mind and offering the child a soft toy or giving them a special blanket.
- It is better to give the toddler something to hold which makes him feel secure and comfortable.
- It is very important to assess whether it is a problem before stopping the habit of thumb sucking. But if the habit continues, it may affect the alignment of the teeth.
- It is always better to make use of ways like positive reinforcement and encouraging behavior change in your child. Parents must set up a reward system and take a note of the days the child does not suck his thumb. It is important that parents praise their child verbally and give them some reward at the end of the month.
- The best and simple way to quit the habit of thumb sucking is to cover the thumb with a thumb guard or mittens.
- The best way to help your child quit the habit would be to distract him or her and involve them in activities that would require the use of both the hands. Parents can keep their child busy by giving them puzzles or blocks to play. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am 19 yr old. How much I should masturbate?. Is it have any side effect on my health? How much I can masturbate in a week.
I have vitamin B12 deficiency, my current B12 level is 162. Is it something I should worry about and immediately consult a doctor?
As per the article I read on Lybrate, water intake for men (i am 28) should be 3 liters. Is it water intake or fluid intake. Is tea counted as fluid? What are the best time to drink water. Are we not supposed to drink water just after meals?
I am 23 years old and I am suffering from fungal infection on my skin. It itches a lot and all the patches have become blackish.
Hi mam i'm 25 years old I want my whole body clear white actually its light brown please help me out to get full body whitening.
I am facing some sexual problem not exactly facing but I think I will suffer in future as my penis is becoming thin and I ejaculate very soon.
Zinc deficiency is one epidemic that people are mostly unaware of. As per the data shared by World Health Organization, around 31% of the world population is suffering from zinc deficiency. The problem is also ranked 5th in the leading factors that cause several diseases. It is also a primary reason why underdeveloped nations suffer from high mortality rate as zinc deficiency is associated with child pneumonia and diarrhea.
Every person, young or old, needs to have a regular intake of zinc for a healthy life, which it is known as an essential nutrient. It is also present in every cell, tissue, bone and fluid in the human body; zinc is especially prevalent in male semen and prostate glands.
Common Symptoms Of Zinc Deficiency
Unfortunately, millions of people suffering from zinc deficiency are unaware of their condition. However, looking out for certain key indicators can help in identifying the problem before it becomes severe. Here are the common symptoms of zinc deficiency that everyone must look out for:
- Poor Neurological Function - Zinc is an absolute necessity for neuropsychologic performance and growth. Low levels of zinc lead to attention disorders in infants, which may persist till the adulthood. But, it doesn’t mean you will start pumping your kids with an overdose of zinc. It has been found that zinc is absorbed best with other nutrients and especially when taken with whole foods.
- Weak Immunity - Your immune function works best when it has an adequate amount of zinc. It is vital for the growth of T-Cell and differentiating white blood cells to keep diseases at bay. Zinc is also necessary for the structural component of the hormone receptors. They contribute exponentially to have a healthy and balanced immune function.
- Diarrhea & Leaky Gut - Impaired immunity causes zinc deficiency diarrhea, which can become a persistent health problem. Every year diarrhea affects nearly 2 million children worldwide, and most of them are suspected to have a zinc deficiency and bacterial infection. Leaky gut, also called intestinal permeability can lead to a slew of health problems like skin allergies, thyroid problems, and nutrient malabsorption.
Zinc Rich Foods You Must Include In Your Diet
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms shared above, then you might be suffering from the zinc deficiency. To improve the level of zinc in your body, you can either take all natural zinc supplements. But, supplements usually contain several forms of zinc like zinc sulfate, zinc acetate and more. Thus, it is better to include the below-shared foods in your diet, which contain a high amount of zinc:
- Pumpkin seeds –1/2 cup: 8.4 mg
- Grass-fed Beef – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Lamb – 4 oz: 5.2 mg
- Cashews – 1/2 cup: 3.8 mg
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) – 1 cup cooked: 2.5 mg
- Mushrooms – 1 cup cooked: 1.9 mg
- Chicken – 4 oz: 1.6 mg
- Kefir or Yogurt – 1 cup: 1.4 mg
- Spinach – 1 cup cooked: 1.4 mg
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tbsp: 0.4 mg
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.