Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Malika QuraishiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 20 years old. Sir I want to know weak digestion can causes constipation. Sir can I take homeopathic medicine with ayurvedic medicine.
I am suffering from addiction, of spasmodic proxyvon .and I am trying to get tilde of it, but the withdrawal symptoms is unbearable. Kindly suggest some remedy to stop, in any other ways? Also I am determined that I can do it from home therapy and not from any rehabilitation center. Please help. I am 38 years old.
Hello. I am a 31 year old male married for 4 years now. My wife and I haven't yet consummated our marriage. We have never had intercourse ever. Except intercourse we try everything else. I have a slight penile bend towards the left. I have since early age enjoyed masturbation a lot lying down on bed. I ejaculate very soon. My wife also reaches climax very soon and she fears intercourse and I fear causing her any pain. Also my penis is never erect even when I am highly aroused. We want to have a kid soon too but wish to enjoy intercourse too. Kindly advise.
I am suffering from hiccups from last 8 days but it doesn't stop and due to this my neck portion was paining alot please help me out from that please.
Is there separate diet for O positive blood group of people? I want to know so I can have a proper set of diet plan. Sometimes irregular diet is dangerous. So would like to have a suggestion.
My personality is best, but I have some problems like, eye problem, hydrocele, some time suddenly heart beat faster, how can I be fit?
Dear Dr. Kindly advice me, hand practice before marriage or sex with female is harmful or compulsory.
Frequently I am suffering from cold and cough. Pl advise to come out of this problem. Hitching on my lips lips become black . Pl advise.
Hi sir/Madam, I am 34 years old. I bought new shoes 10 days back. Slowly my toes started little bit itching and cracks came between my toes and itching and burning. So I am thinking that my foot got fungus and skin become white and causing painful. So sir/madam, I request you to please help me by providing good medicine to cure this problem. Thanks &Regards,
DEAR DOCTOR,I AM AGED ABOUT 60 YEARS HAVING TYPE II DIABETES FROM LAST 30 YEARS.I AM FEELING TIRED AND WEAK IN SPITE OF TAKING REGULAR MEDICINE AND INSULIN AS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR.SOME TIMES I ALSO FEEL SUDDEN PRICK IN HEART AND MANY PLACES OF MY BODY LIKE LEGS AND BRAIN.I DO REGULAR EXCERCISE AND WALKING.ALL THE PROBLEM ARE DUE TO DIABETIES OR OLD AGE,ANY REMEDY TO HAVE A GOOD LIFE FOR SOME TIME.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
Dear sir, my name is Bala my age is 25. I have a problem that my penis has not enough growth. It looks very small while it is not tempered. And while tempered it is only 4 inch size and not much thicker. I consulted with my friends and they referred me to consult a doctor. Is this a very serious issue. Should I consult a doctor and take treatment. Does this create problem in my sexual life. Please refer me a better solution. Some of my friends are making afraid.
I am 50 Years old I am having shoulder pain and some times I am facing difficult in taking breath. And also having sciatica getting gas trouble. Please help.
I am suffering from constipation over the past 7-8 months. I have tried different doctors but nothing really is curing me. I sometimes have pain while excreting fasces. What should I do?
I have been suffering fever from last one month even I can't wake up and a lot of cold also so please give me some suggestion.
Everyone can suffer from pain in the stomach, at one time or the other and we usually ignore it. But when the pain is sudden and severe abdominal pain then it is termed as acute pain and this should not be ignored.
Often the following can be expected with acute pain:
- Acute abdomen pain is usually synonymous with rapid onset of the symptoms which might indicate life threatening intra-abdominal pathology.
- Pain is just a feature and not necessary that it is present at all times. An acute abdomen which is pain free usually occurs in children and women who are in their third trimester of pregnancy.
- The differential diagnosis is difficult and wide especially in primary care. This is because the different organs within their peritoneal cavity might have different areas of referred pains.
- Abdominal pain usually happens to be in the top three symptoms when patients present their state in the emergency and accident departments. But only few of these have acute abdominal pain.
- Management of the abdominal pain should be the primary focus and an assessment should be done to reach the differential diagnosis so that care can be given accordingly.
- The clinical evaluation regarding abdomen pain can change quickly. Any diagnosis which had been made can change and both doctor and patient should not be hesitant and seek other treatment.
Conditions which might cause acute abdomen pain are:
- Meckel's diverticulitis or Acute appendicitis
- Acute cholecystitis
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Intestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus (adynamic obstruction)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) haemorrhage
- Acute intestinal ischaemia/infarction or vasculitis.
- Acute urinary retention
- Renal colic or renal tract pain
- Testicular torsion
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Non surgical diseases like pericarditis, sickle cell crisis, acute intermittent porphyria, HIV-associated lymphadenopathy, bowel disease, typhoid, opiate withdrawal, enteritis, pneumonia, myocardial infarction and hepatitis.
- Rare causes might include thromboemboli, phytobezoar, and phytobezoar
Diagnosis of abdominal pains:
- Patients can be ordered to get their blood tests done. Also if need be then imaging can also be referred to them.
- Following tests can be done to rule out the condition causing the abdominal pain:
- Blood Tests: these include FBC, LFTs, glucose, amylase, clotting, calcium and arterial blood gas for pancreatitis
- Crossmatch or group and save
- Pregnancy test in women of childbearing age
- Blood cultures
- Peritoneal lavage in case of an abdominal trauma
- Urine analysis
- X ray of the abdomen, ultrasound, CT scan
- ECG and cardiac enzymes
- Laparoscopy should be a routine procedure