Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MahendranYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic & in stress on insulin Novomix 70/30 mor 20 & evening 10 units & tab Gemer 2 trice a day with ecosprin av 75 mg once?
Daily travel 70 kms on my two wheeler. My eyes are paining and I am losing my hairs and not getting sleep at night. Getting dark circle on my eyes. What should I do to come over this problems.
I had many small pimples on my face so I tried to make ayurvedic remedies but it burnt my little skin. What should be done for curing the burned spots on my face.
She didn't get periods for one month after checking Dr. Told der is one month pregnancy how it possible till she not married nd don't get contact to other.
I am a diabetic patient for the last 10 years. I take humansulin twice during lunch and dinner, 30 units each time. But the sugar level is not coming to normal. Can I take oral drug like sitagliptin with metformin along with insulin.
I am 21 year old male, I am facing dandruff and hair loss on top, crown and temple areas on my head, someone suggested me 5% Minoxidil & 2% Ketoconazole for dandruff and hair fall, please advice me on these products and is there any side effects of these products? Is these products work.
I do not have any space in between my legs. When I stand in attention position. So what to do to make a gape between my inner thigh.Please tell.
I want to loose my weight. I am gym person doing lost of workout daily. Can we suggest me some protein diet which I follow to loose my fat and make more muscles.
Turmeric or haldi is one of the main spices in an Indian kitchen. Not just India, but in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, turmeric has been a favored spice for thousands of years. Ayurveda has long espoused the benefits of turmeric and that is one of the reasons why many Indian home remedies tend to have this spice in them.
Some of the reasons why turmeric is considered an ultimate spice are mentioned below:
- Has very effective anti-inflammatory powers: For any kind of inflammation related pain, turmeric is known to be very effective. Be it muscle pains or skin related problems, turmeric used with other mixtures have often been applied to the affected areas. Turmeric in the diet also has similar anti-inflammatory effects.
- Prevention of cancer: Turmeric contains the enzyme curcumin, which blocks the growth of cancer cells, especially head and neck cancer varieties. It stops the spread of malignant cells within the mouth when chewed and if used in a controlled manner within one's diet, prevents the growth of malignant cells in the first place.
- It has antioxidant properties: Studies have shown that turmeric in the diet as well as curcumin, the primary enzyme within this spice, are very effective in detoxifying the system. It is especially good in cleansing free radicals that may contribute to various cancers, such as skin, colon or prostate cancer.
- Pain relief in arthritis and osteoarthritis: Connected to the anti-inflammatory properties mentioned above, turmeric is known to be very effective in relieving arthritic pain. It is even known to have worked as a pain reliever in the case of osteoarthritis, when it was used as an extract.
- Prevention of plaque buildup and thus lowering chances of heart disease: Plaque is the sediment that may build up within the arteries and thus results in its clogging. This is the single largest cause of heart attacks. The enzyme within turmeric, curcumin, is an effective agent in cleaning the arteries and thus preventing heart diseases.
- Aids digestions and resolves many digestive problems: In small amounts, turmeric in the raw form is very good for the digestive system as it stimulates the production of bile. Research has shown that people who suffer from IBS or irritable bowel syndrome may also benefit from the use of this spice. Apart from this, even gas or bloating and an upset stomach can be cured by ingesting small amounts of turmeric.