Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MahendranYour feedback matters!
I an getting pimples a lot. I have used some medicines written by skin care doctor. But it is not giving any result. Can I get any permanent result form you. Please help me. In next 2months I am going to marry.
e traditional Thanksgiving bird has the protein building-block tryptophan, which your body uses to make serotonin. That's a brain chemical that plays a key role in depression, researchers say. In fact, some antidepressant drugs work by targeting the way your brain uses serotonin. You can get the same mood-boosting effect from chicken and soybeans.
This snack is rich in selenium, which helps protect your body from tiny, damaging particles called free radicals. One study found that young people who didn't have enough of this nutrient in their diets were more likely to be depressed. The researchers couldn't say that low selenium caused depression, though. Just one Brazil nut has almost half your daily requirement of the mineral so be careful to limit how many you eat. Other foods with this mineral include brown rice, lean beef, sunflower seeds, and seafood.
They're full of beta-carotene, which you can also get from pumpkin, spinach, sweet potatoes, and cantaloupe. Studies have linked this nutrient to lower levels of depression. There's not enough evidence to say that it can prevent the disorder, but it can't hurt to get more in your diet.
A jolt of caffeine can be a pick-me-up that helps you feel more motivated. But if you have postpartum depression or panic disorder, some studies suggest that it might make your symptoms worse. Other researchers say a cup of joe can lower your risk of getting depression, though they're not sure why.
They're packed with folate, which your brain cells need to work well and which may help protect against depression. Food manufacturers in the U.S. add this vitamin, also known as B9, to enriched grains like pasta and rice. You can also get it from lentils, lima beans, and asparagus.
It's a good source of vitamin D. If you have very low levels of this nutrient in your body, that can sometimes cause depression. One Norwegian study found that people who took a vitamin D supplement were less depressed a year later than those who didn't. Don't like milk? Boost the D in your diet with enriched cereals and juices, and canned fish.
It might seem like just the thing to take the edge off your worries or make you feel more social. But most of the time, it's best if you drink wine, beer, and mixed drinks only in moderation. You might feel better in the moment, but heavy drinking can make depression symptoms worse over time, because alcohol makes your brain less active. It also can make antidepressant medications less effective.
Caution: Junk Food
It may be fast and filling, but these processed foods can be bad news for your mood. Scientists have studied how diets high in sugar, simple carbohydrates, and fatty foods affect how you feel. Many found some link between these unhealthy eats and depression. Your best bet: a well-balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
I have an back pain on my shoulder when I was playing cricket it is now a big problem to me what can I do?
I am going gym from last 3 years and using bike riding, now I have lower back pain, when I ride bike or going gym, what should I do? I should stop gym and bike riding?
I lost my brother whose name is likes he involved in drug and alcoholic. Since then I am in depression.
Hi I am 19 yrs old and I got many pimples on my face. Can I get some thing like diet control. Medicine. And. Any best of to get rid of this.
I am having fat how can I decrease it by exercising or with natural medicine which can be prepared at home.
I am 22 years old. I think I have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Symptoms are: difficulty in speaking what I think, inability to concentrate what lecturers say, stuttering in voice while speaking with new people, confusion, memory loss, extreme anger sometimes which makes mobile in my hand to break, instability of thoughts etc. Kindly help me to resolve these problems.
I am suffering from teeth problem. I have no cavity till but sometime feel cavity like pain below some teeth. I regularly brush my teeth from my childhood once a day. But 7-8 years ago I have cleaned my teeth by a dentist friend and after then I am suffering from cold feel in my teeth even when I inhale a long breath from mouth it feels very cold so that I even can't think of eating ice cream. I often drunk very hot coffee and tea but now a days it also unbearable for my teeth to take very hot things and even chewing hard things also making feeling like sour type pain in jaw's teeth since last month. What should I do?
I am 13 years old. I have mainly sneezed and slightly cough when I wokeup in the early morning for study between 4am to 6am and not in other times.
How to increase the body shape And body weight? I am a 22 years old. My weight is only 49 kilo. Is there any problems? How to recover this problem? Some time I am feeling very laziness please help me.
I am suffering from abnormal bleeding from last one week. I thought it's due to high body temperature or Periods. But that is not the case still bleeding is there and also feeling week and tired. Could you please suggest what might be the reason.
I have a problem with my hairs. I had hairfall continuously from many days and I do y know what to do with that problem. So can you suggest me what can I do.
I am 31 years old male, from several hour I feeling pain in my left testicle also there is a mild pain in my left side of my stomach . I can feel pain on a particular area when I touch that part.
Hello I am facing burning sensation after eating and daily early in the morning I suffer from from headache and same burning sensation and I cannot take breakfast.
Hi. I did not get my periods from 3 months. I did my blood test and urine test too. And I did my ultrasound as well. The doctor told me everything fine but my b12 is low so what should I do?
I have very less hair on my head. How to grow more hairs? I feel low confident because of less hairs. I want thicker and lustrous hairs. Please do help.
So here are the best foods to reduce cholesterol
Have a salmon fish dinner. Snack on a handful of nuts. Pour a dash of olive oil in your salad.
And bite into that sinister chocolate. Now you can do all this guilt-free! All these foods help in fighting bad cholesterol., 'You can reduce cholesterol in your blood by eating healthy foods'. So, here we are today with our list of cholesterol fighting foods.
1) Oats: If you change your morning meal to oats then you can do your cholesterol level a whole lot of good. Do note that two servings of oats can lower LDL cholesterol by 5.3% in only 6 weeks. Essentially, oats contain a substance called beta-glucan which absorbs bad cholesterol.
2) Red Wine: Here's yet another reason to toast to your health. The red grapes used in the manufacturing of red wine have an important effect on cholesterol levels. Two glasses of red wine in a week can do you a whole lot of good.
3) Salmon and fatty Fish: Full of Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is a natural health wonder, which helps in keeping heart conditions such as heart attacks, stroke and high cholesterol levels at bay. Fishes such as salmon, sardines and herring help in raising good cholesterol levels by 4%.
4) Nuts: Mono-unsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds etc.) have the lowest fatty acid molecules and are the best of the three fats, namely poly-saturated fats, saturated fats and mono-unsaturated fats. Nuts are the best way to get those required healthy fats into your body without feeling guilty. Since the fats that come from nuts are natural and are not chemically processed, this makes them heart healthy, filling, and nutritious options.
5) Beans: Excellent for the heart, ½ a cup of beans added in our diet (in the form of any dish or soup), helps in lowering cholesterol levels by 8%. You should try black, kidney, or pinto beans; each one of them supplies about one-third of your day's fiber needs.
6) Tea: Tea has antioxidants and less amounts of caffeine than coffee. An eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135 mg caffeine; tea contains only 30 to 40 mg per cup. Tea helps in protecting your bones because of the presence of phytochemicals in them. It is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels.
7) Chocolate: Chocoholics can celebrate with a healthy dose of dark chocolate as it is full of antioxidants and cholesterol-reducing properties. According to a Spanish study published in 2010 in the "Journal of Hepatology,", "the antioxidants in dark chocolate reduce the damage that can occur to blood vessels, which can further threaten the health of people with cirrhosis. The dark chocolate can help prevent the blood vessels in the liver from rupturing". Medical experts suggest that munching on 100 grams of chocolate every day helps in reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular mishaps by 21 percent.
8) Spinach: Popeye the sailor was quite right when crediting his muscle power to this green leafy vegetable. It is believed that spinach contains around 13 flavonoid compounds which keep us away from cancer, heart diseases and osteoporosis. 1/2 a cup of this lutein-rich food, daily, guards us against heart attacks.
9) Olive oil: This oil has many health benefits. It contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides, without lowering good cholesterol levels. Different stages of pressing and processing yield different varieties of olive oil. Extra virgin , Virgin , Pure , Pomace