Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaharajaYour feedback matters!
I have been using many creams for my cracked heels since 4 months. All are just for temporary relief. Where is the problem? What to do now?
Suffering from red rashes on the body since Nov 2015 almost every day using Allegra it stops for some time. I want some other medicine to cure this disease.
My face is very oily and facing acne problem on my face please suggests some medicine and ointment and some routine to follow for healthy skin.
I do have rough patches in between thighs, I do have throat dries ,head ache, fever, how to quit cigarette?
I have black spots on my chicks and nose. I do not have pimple problem. But my skin is oily. What should I do?
My derm told me to use benzac 2.5 before sleeping but I thought I might used it to much on a specific area and it turned somewhat black. Now I've very fair skin so that black spot just ruins it! Tell me what to do?
Hi sir I m a boy of 20 years nd I have spots on my face so I need you to suggest a cream or medicine to my problem.
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from dark circles under my eyes. How to reduce that dark circles.
I am 22 years old boy . I have 2 problems. 1st - my scrotum area itches suddenly , its not periodic but it happens any time any day. I wash my scrotum area regularly also I shave it so there is not much pubic hairs in this area. 2nd - especially after driving for more than 45 mins my area near anus burns . I wash my anus regularly. please provide solution for both problems.
I have Ace Scar marks on my face. It is on full face Holes on my face. Deep Holes & Black spots Please recommend.
By nature I am a fair skinned person but due to work and too much travel, I am having black complexion. Kindly help suggest solution.
From few days I am getting a red kind of rashes on my hands and legs dont know what to do can you suggest me what to do to get rid of this rashes.
The small, red itchy spots that appear on your skin during the hot summer months or after contact with hot temperatures are known as prickly heat, and cover areas of your body such as the neck, back, face, thighs and chest.
So, what causes this form of skin rash?
Prickly heat typically occurs when you sweat excessively, such as usually in a hot and humid environment. The heavy sweating along with the bacteria present on the skin and the dead skin cells causes the blocking of sweat glands. This results in the buildup of sweat underneath your skin and the characteristic bumps that you see. When these bumps burst open to release the sweat that is buildup within, it causes a prickly sensation, giving it its name.
Certain factors can also increase your chances of contracting prickly heat like:
- Being obese or overweight
- Sitting too close to a fire or heater
- Being dormant due to illness
- Wearing too much clothing
How to prevent it?
Heat rashes usually clear up on its own if the affected spot is kept clean and dry. However there are certain things that you can do to prevent it and these are:
1. Staying away from excessive heat and humidity - Heat and humidity are the main causes of heat rash. They cause you to sweat more alongside a worsening of your rash. Sitting in a shade or keeping yourself hydrated is the best way to prevent prickly heat rash from occurring.
2. Selecting the right clothes - Wearing cotton clothing in hot temperatures is one of the best ways to keep heat rash at bay. Cotton being a natural fiber doesn't trap the heat, compared to nylon and polyester fabrics.
3. Keeping the skin hydrated - Keeping your skin cool by sitting under the fan or in an air-conditioned room is another way of preventing itchy skin rash from occurring.
4. Avoid strenuous physical activity - Keeping yourself away from the strenuous physical activity of any kind can help in preventing excessive sweating. If you have to indulge in strenuous workouts, keeping yourself hydrated is a must to avoid instances of dehydration.