Doctor in Best Hospital
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Best HospitalYour feedback matters!
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
Most individuals prefer to be in the best of shape and look flawless by getting rid of those extra inches or fat in the body. Excess fat, not only affects the self-confidence of the person, but also gives rise to several health problems. Bariatric surgery is recommended as a treatment option, for such problems & obesity itself.
Popularly known as the weight loss surgery, bariatric surgery is a popular treatment that has shown results and helped people to get into shape. To describe the process in simpler terms, it is a surgical procedure on the stomach and the intestines that result in substantially reduced food intake and weight loss in an individual. Bariatric surgeries can be of different types but it is important to remember that they are not cosmetic surgery.
- Bariatric surgery reduces the risk of cancer(s).
- Obesity has proved to affect the psychological functioning of a person - surgery helps one to regain their self-esteem and improves quality of life.
- Obesity causes menstrual irregularities and fertility problems in women. Bariatric surgery helps to improve fertility and reduces the chances of complications during pregnancy.
- The surgery helps one to live a longer life by reducing possibility of early sudden death usually associated with obesity.
- Surgery has also proven to help with health conditions such as arthritis, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, soft tissue infection and venous stasis disease.
Bariatric Surgery at present is one of the most common weight reducing surgeries but before considering it, it is important to gather as much knowledge as possible about the process and to also get it done under the supervision of a well trained and experienced doctor.
Though patient and family spends considerable time trying to understand the pros & cons of surgery, the single most important differentiator in outcome of bariatric surgery is post-operative care/support system affiliated with the surgeon.
The long-term risk of remaining obese is much greater than undergoing bariatric surgery. Though bariatric surgery in established clinics is performed by certified doctors only, still it is very important to research the surgical and back up facilities of the hospital. With internet support, one can also assess a program’s outcomes and safety track records. There is no harm in asking a straight or blunt question regarding number of surgeries done and even number of complications in the surgeon’s hands. It may appear difficult to decide but research and frank discussion can help make right choices
Laser Skin Tightening is a procedure that uses laser to enhance the appearance of the skin and treat minor facial flaws. This procedure is performed with the help of two types of Lasers: Ablative and Non-Ablative Laser.
Ablative laser is used to remove thin layers of skin, while a non-ablative laser is one which causes growth of collagen and tightens the skin underneath. Non-ablative laser is less invasive and requires less time to recover; although it's less effective than laser resurfacing, which is done with an ablative laser.
A laser tightening skin procedure can decrease fines lines on the face, making you look younger and giving a smooth appearance to your skin. It can also be used to treat uneven skin tone and improve your complexion, besides helping the treatment of sunburns and scars to a certain extent. This procedure is usually used to treat:
- Age Spots
- Skin damage caused by sun rays
- Scars caused due to accidents, chicken pox or severe acne
- Irregular or uneven skin tone or texture
Before performing the procedure a doctor is likely to check your
- Medical history - Doctors cross check your current and previous medical history, including medications and medical conditions.
- Physical examination - A skin test is very common prior to performing such a surgery.
You may be advised to take medications and to avoid direct exposure to sunlight. During the procedure, a highly intense beam of light is directed on the skin. This laser beam destroys the upper layer of skin and also heats the underlying layers of epithelial cells. Resultantly, it causes the collagen fibers to shrink, thereby tightening your skin and giving you a younger appearance. Post the procedure, ice packs can be used to cool down the skin.
I have dark spots on my face. Appears to be pigmentation. I am using photostable sunscreen twice daily for 1 year. Retino a at night but scars won't subside. Rather they are becoming more prominent. Please advise. I am 50-year-old female.
I need guidance regarding botox treatment for masseter muscle reduction. I'm 21 year old and have never had botox treatment before. My masseter muscles are overgrown.
I am having enlarged prostate problem since from 2 years. I am presently taking urimax 0.4 mg tab one daily at night. I can manage with that and urine flow is nearly normal my case. Now pl let me know whether should (1) I go for prostate surgery? And (2) which type should I go for. Please advice me so as not to have any problem after surgery. Thanks!
Dark circles are a pesky reality for a large section of the population today. The main culprits are sleep deprivation, which stems from stress- a menace that we all have to live with. But you can easily eliminate this problem with Platelet Rich Plasma treatment.
What causes dark circles?
When you don’t get enough sleep, your blood flow is interrupted. It makes the skin underneath your eyes pallid and the blood vessels and the darker tissues under the skin become visible through the translucent skin. Fluids build up and make the darkness underneath more prominent.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment is an alternative to other more harmful procedures like dermal fillers, laser resurfacing or topical creams for tightening and removing the pigmentation under the eye. PRP is a regenerative procedure. The procedure is fast and simple. The doctor draws a sample of the patient's blood. The blood is then processed. The plasma, rich in platelets, is isolated and then re-injected into the orbital region of the eye. Dark circles can be the result of unhealthy skin. PRP promotes the growth and development of collagen, new cells and elastin. This leads to the formation of new and healthy skin and tissues. The whole procedure takes around two hours. And you do not need to be hospitalized for it. You can go back home as soon as the procedure is completed.
You will not see the effect of the PRP treatment as quickly as other procedures like dermal fillers as the body takes a few days to absorb the new material. You can see results only after at least three sessions spaced out by two to three months.
In most people, this procedure is an absolute success because it completely eliminates dark circles. But the extent of the success depends on how well your body reacts to the therapy. It's not just dark circles that PRP cures, it also takes care of other signs of ageing like fine lines or wrinkles. So, with one procedure provides treatment for multiple problems.
Dark circles need not be a constant source of annoyance to you if you opt for PRP therapy. It is a non-invasive procedure that has no side effects and if you are patient, you will emerge from this treatment with pristine new skin and tissues that banish dark circles forever.
I am 63 .my ultrasound ft 15than. 2019 reveals that prostate is slightly enlarged and shows normal ecotexture it measures 4. 8×3.5×4.0 cm wt35. 7 gm's seminal vesicles and and vesicles seminal angles normal. I am suffering from frequent urination problem .initially before urine I feel slight pain but afterwards d flow is normal. I am taking one tab of urimax o.4 daily. What medicine further I take to control this problem.
Hi, I am 24 years old, I have darkness on joints of my fingers. I need to lighten. Now am using tacmod forte but not much difference I found. What shall I do?
Lip augmentation is a restorative (cosmetic) procedure where your lips are reshaped to make them appear fuller. Cosmetic procedures are done for aesthetic improvement, but surgical lip augmentation is performed if the lips are affected by any congenital condition or tissue trauma.
Dermal fillers are mostly used to enlarge the lips. Previously, collagen was the most popular filler, but currently, due to various health reasons, doctors do not use it as often as before. Now, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular dermal filler.
Hyaluronic acid is naturally available in your body, especially in your neural, epithelial and connective tissues. The fillers that doctors presently use are chemically similar to hyaluronic acid. It is extremely beneficial in adding volume to your lips.
Applications of Hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic acid fillers improve your lips’ appearance by boosting their shape, structure and volume.
- The effects of such fillers last approximately for six months; you would require more injections after that.
- Restylane and Juvederm are the most popular hyaluronic acid fillers used currently. These also contain lidocaine in them, which is a local anaesthetic.
Hyaluronic acid fillers also include the following benefits:
- The amount of filler to be injected is easily controllable, so the doctor can regulate the amount of volume to create.
- The injections are given at a steady pace, so the development can be carefully monitored to achieve the desired result.
- Any bump or lump caused by moving the lips too much is easier to correct.
- In relation to other dermal fillers, there will be reduced swelling and bruising.
- Results last for a longer duration, but they are not permanent.
- Collagen fillers required an allergy test before the procedure could begin, but that is not the case with hyaluronic fillers. Hyaluronic acid fillers are not allergens since they are made from similar substances found in the body.
Risks of lip augmentation
Like every surgical procedure, lip augmentation too has certain risks involved. Some of the contraindications (situational dangers of certain drugs or procedures) include: