Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.ChandrammaYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and I am 17 weeks pregnant actually my baby weight is just 175g is it ok but my gyno Dr. saying nothing to worry if your health is good then but I am worried for my future baby I want healthy baby help me out.
Nasya is an Ayurvedic term, a procedure followed for disorders related to migraine, throat, nose, ear, sinusitis and any other organ above the neck. Ayurveda purifies these organs and removes vitiated doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment happens in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, nasal oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor made for disease related to ENT and Eye ailments. The treatment aims at getting the toxins removed from the neck and head region by administering oil through the nasal cavity. Other areas where Nasya can be applied to get good results include psychiatry, dentistry, and neurology.
Types of Nasya:
As per function, there are 3 different types of Nasya Brihmana nasya, Virechana nasya and Shamana nasya. As per quality, Nasya can be divided into 2 categories i.e. Pratimarsha nasya and Marsha nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
- Navana: When Nasya is meant for Shodhana or Snehana, it is termed as Navana. This is the most common type of Navana and is used for hair fall, headaches and bells palsy tinnitus.
- Pradhamana: This is a procedure where dry powders get blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include vacha, vidanga, maricha etc.
- Avapeedana: In this form of Nasys, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc.
- Dhooma: This form of Nasya has 3 subtypes- virechanik, prayogik and snehaik. In Dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fume from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in Nasya Karma:
Some common herbs that is used for preparing any nasya preparation include apamarg, vidanga, hingu, tulasi, maricha and lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of Nasya includes anu, narayana, marichyadi, guraadi, shadbindu etc. A common preparation of Nasya is known as guraadi that include herbs such as shunthi, pippali, and saindhava.
Benefits of Nasya treatment:
There are numerous benefits of nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
- It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin, and neck.
- The sensory organs become much stronger after nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks.
- Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular nasya treatment.
- Nasal medication also strengthens the visual site of a person.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My lover always be myne and thinking for me. He don't possible to living without me. please give me some tips.
Ayurvedic ear oil
Using ear oil strengthens the immune system and keeps your lymphs and sinuses moist and nourished. This helps prevent colds, infections and allergies. And just as powerful as the nourishing oil are the immune building, anti inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral benefits of garlic.
Ayurvedic ear oil recipe
- 1/3 cup organic virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – chopped
- Throw the oil and chopped garlic into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Let the oil bubble and pop to release all the liquid. Press the garlic with a fork to help it release. It’s done when the oil doesn’t pop anymore, it should take about 5 minutes.
- Once your garlic oil is done cooking, let it cool, and then strain to separate it from the garlic.
- Lastly, pour the strained liquid into an eyedropper bottle or old tincture glass.
- Before using ear oil, always run the bottle under hot water to warm the oil. This makes the experience quite soothing.
- Drop in enough oil to fill one ear and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Now tilt the head and allow the oil to drain out, and do the other side for another 5 minutes.
- It’s a good idea to start doing this once every few weeks to keep your ears clear and your immune system strong. If you’re already sick, fill your ears once every hour, until your symptoms go away, you will feel better so quickly.
A woman's sexual desire never remains the same. It fluctuates with a woman’s menstrual cycle, age, mental state and health. Life changes like pregnancy, menopause and social dynamics like family relationships and stress at work affect her libido. But there are other reasons which are more ‘chemical’ for a woman’s sexual highs and lows, as we shall soon see. Before we get to the symptoms and reasons for low libido in women, let’s define what low sexual drive is.
If a woman has persistent or recurrent lack of sexual interest, she may be suffering from hypoactive sexual desire disorder or low sex drive. This is the most common form of sexual dysfunction among women of all ages.
Common symptoms of low sex drive are
- No interest in any type of sexual activity, like touching, kissing or even self-stimulation
- Absence of sexual fantasies or thoughts
Physical causes which lead to low sex drive in women
- Diseases: Arthritis, cancer, back pain, diabetes, high BP, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases can affect arousal and sexual enjoyment in women.
- Low testosterone: This male hormone affects sexual drive in both men and women. The levels of testosterone peak in the 20s in women and then decline, which means older women have lower sex drives than younger ones. The levels tank dramatically after menopause.
- Medications: Use of antidepressants and anti-seizure medications can cause low sex drive in women and so can certain blood pressure lowering drugs, and oral contraceptives. These drugs affect libido in many ways like decreasing available testosterone levels or affecting blood flow.
- Disorders: Conditions like thyroid dysfunction, endometriosis and fibroids are all libido dampeners.
- Hormonal changes: Estrogen levels fall during menopause. This affects sexual desire and may lead to dry vagina syndrome, causing pain during sex. Pregnancy and breast-feeding also take a toll on female desire as these bring about massive changes in her body image along with numbing fatigue.
- Anxiety and depression
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Negative sexual experiences
- Alcohol and drug use
Since sexual desire in women is so complex and multi-dimensional, relationships, emotional state of a woman, her sense of well-being, as well as closeness and chemistry have a role to play. However, low sexual desire has to be recognized as such, to be cured. The cure for low libido is not just physical, but it is usually a multi-pronged strategy including social, psychological and emotional factors. But we assure you that a visit to a doctor, lifestyle changes and medications can help you get into the mood more often. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 26 year I got 5 hpt negative with regular periods and 2 hcg negative (value 0.1) till 5th month of expected pregnancy and no sign of pregnancy in lower abdomen u/s at 10 th week but my belly is coming out. Any chance of pregnancy. What to do.
I am a 20 years old female. I took regestrone (2-3 times a day) starting 3-4 days before my periods were due because my date of planned sex and periods coincided. I stopped the regestrone the day of sex. We had protected sex (multiple times) at night and I took an emergency contraceptive in the afternoon after sex just to be extra sure. However my BMI is 33.8 and I've read that the morning after pill isn't effective for obese women. I got my periods (quite light) a week later. It's the next month now and I'm 5-6 days overdue. Could I be pregnant?
I got married. But now I and my wife don't need and children. Most of time I used condom but my wife insist me to do direct Sex and sometimes I also think for direct Sex but I scared about pregnancy. So please guide me that When can we do for direct sex? And when can we do with condom?
I am 27 years old female, unmarried, i'm having problem with my left breast its swollen and very paining and the paining was starting since my teen age. So please give me suggestion what should I do and what happen to me.
Im 4 weeks pregnant and wants to terminate dis pregnancy can I take mifegest and terminate. Wat r the side effects. How do I know if the pregnancy is terminated fully.
Dr. sir Meri wife 7 month se pregnent hai unhe khoon ki kami AA gayi hai khoon 8.88 g hai upay batay.
Hi if I do sex with my girlfriend for First time I will not use any safety gurds if I release sperms in to her vagina would she get pregnant or not.
I am 28 years old and smoke a lot. Me and my wife planning for a baby. While having intercourse, sperms comes out from vagina every time we are trying. Why is it so? Do I have any problems? Please suggest m really tensed.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Hello doctor, please help me in feeding. I took several medicines, lactacare granules, tablets in milk, but its not helping me out to feed my baby. Her tummy doesn't gets full. She is 2 months old. Im not getting enough milk. Please help me out?
I am having pcod. Thyroid. Disorder. N having a baby of 1 years old. After fertility treatment wr conceived. We want to try fr another baby. Bt cycles r so irregular. Ovulation problem.
Yesterday night I had sex with my partner, and I didn't use any safety precautions and I saw some bleeding from my vagina. I am 100% sure it's not my periods. Also, as I said we didn't use any safety precautions, I have doubt about my pregnancy. Can you suggest me what steps should I take to abort this situation. I don't want to be pregnant right now. Also currently I am having Medicine for PCOD from last 1 month.
Hello doctor I am a 26 years old girl. I'm employed now and will b getting married till end of this year. I was facing pcos problem last year. Being a girl with irregular period for 6 +years and little overweight. Bt now from past 1 year I have lost nearly 4kgsweight and having regular period bt irregular date. My question is that whether I'll face any problems for conceiving. Will pcos effect my fertility now. Please guide me.
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office.