Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. M.Chandramma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.ChandrammaYour feedback matters!
Nothing matters to a pregnant woman more than the well being of the baby. Garbh Sanskar, as indicative of the name, refers to educating the baby while still in the womb. It is an Ayurvedic practice to ensure that the baby has a sound physical as well as mental health with a high intelligence level. In this article, we will discuss this Ayurvedic practice in details for people to understand the term better.
It is a well-known fact that the baby, while still in the womb, can relate most to the mother. They form a special bond where the mother talks and sings to the baby, with the baby even reciprocating at times. Thus, the behavior of the mother can influence the development of the baby to a great extent. Garbh Sanskar suggests a concoction of dietary changes, physical activities (meditation, exercise, and yoga), and a lot more positive and healthy lifestyle habits that goes on to benefit the baby in the long run.
For Garbh Sanskar, the diet of a pregnant woman is of prime importance. The foods chosen should be nutritionally enriching.
- Foods that can aggravate the doshas or result in the build-up of Ama (such as processed and fast foods, packaged fruit and health drinks, frozen or canned foods, stale and cold foods, aerated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks and beverages) in the body will harm both the mother and the baby.
- Instead, consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially avoid pineapple, papaya, aloe vera), whole grains, cereals, ghee, honey, milk, curd.
- The idea is to consume foods that will ensure maximum development of the baby.
- Panchamrut prepared using milk, sugar, honey, ghee, and curd is known to be highly beneficial for the brain development of the baby.
Meditation and Yoga:
- Meditation and yoga are highly beneficial for the mother and the baby. The pranayama and meditation also help to ward off stress and the negative energy that may affect the dosha balance.
- The Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose), Upavistha Konasana (Wide-Legged Seated Forward Fold Pose), Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose) are prenatal yogas that are sure to keep both the mother and the baby in good health.
Music can influence the health of the mother and the baby. According to Garbh Sanskar, listening to soft, soothing, and light music can help the mother and the baby to remain calm and relaxed. For maximum benefits, it is also a healthy practice to listen to spiritual music (Shlokas, Mantras, puja aarti, prayers).
Talking or reading to the baby can be highly enlightening for the baby. Garbh Sanskar suggests that a pregnant lady should either listen or read stories of courage, kindness and inspiration at least twice daily. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you want the baby to be healthy, maintain a healthy and cheerful environment around the pregnant woman. Keep her relaxed physically, mentally and emotionally.
Hi, my age is 25 years old I did not get periods from last 45 days. Suggest me some medicines without side effects.
She has recently got married almost 1month back on 8 march 2016. She had intercourse on marriage night & next day she got her menses. Flow was normal as regular for 5days. No other complaints. Now this month date was 9th again. &she didn't have menses yet. In between she had lot of cramps at 6th of this month but menses didn't come. She is fearing if she is pregnant. please help.
Her boobs were so small, she is 19 years old, she is trying to make her boobs big. Please give some exercise or some other tip to get big boobs.
I am 17 year old girl & my menstrual are not regular & my mom has thyroid. please advice for both the problems.?
We are newly married 3 months back. My wife has conceived (6 weeks). For us, its not a correct time to continue the pregnancy. Can we go with pills abortion? Will it affect future pregnancy and any side effects? Please advise me.
"While many women have no problem getting pregnant in their late 30s and even into their early 40s, a woman's fertility may start to decline as early as 32. So if you want to have kids, talk to your doctor about options, like freezing your eggs."