Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakshmi Narayan Shanmugham
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Narayan ShanmughamYour feedback matters!
Received 2 grey white soft tissue bits together 0.6*0.5*0.4 MICROSCOPY & IMPRESSION: Growth, lower lip, punch biopsy: Multiple tissue fragments showing moderately (G2) Squamous cell Carcinoma with dysplasia and acute inflammatory infiltrate.
Sir it is true that luteolin that present in carrots is more powerful than tamoxifen to control Harmon receptors in breast cancer?
My nipples are paining from last 2days very badly. My boyfriend bit it and pulled it. Its was my first experience. Now its paining. I can't even wear my dress. When I move it pains. What should I do to reduce this pain? Please suggest.
My friend is a cancer patient. He is not able to express his feelings to explore different things he like. He thinks that he doesn't deserve anything more because of his disease. Its still recoverable for him. Should we go to a psychiatrist for bringing him back to his life mentally.
What is the treatment for various tumors in body? Why they are coming for all ages groups? Any responses.
Is nipple discharge 7 days beforehand of menstrual beginning normal?or a sign of breast cancer?i m also having a lump like feeling in one of the breast.I m very afraid please help.
I am 22 years unmarried girl. I have absent periods my last period was in december. Later whenever I take tabs I get periods else I wont get. Recently I have visited my gynecologist she took hormones test where in the leutinizing hormone was 14.92 which she said was slight higher and she gave me tabs and asked to continue til 3 months. If this leutinizing hormone is high what does it mean is there any disease? I have very bloated stomach and sometimes pain too. Is there any chance of any type of cancer bcz when I browsed it is giving that the bloated stomach and absent periods can be the signs of any type of cancer. please do reply am worried. Thank you in advance.
My unkal suffering from cancer so he can't able to eat food when we are giving him food he will feel like ometi so what do and what type of food given to him please give me answer.
I had cancer in early stage in right side of tongue.It was operated and tongue was cut with margin.Lymph node in right side was not affected but removed.Now more saliva is being generated.Tonue is sensitve.What should be my tratment now?
My husband is suffering from vocal cord cancer stage 1 since March 2016, is there any Ayurvedic medicine to cure cancer of vocal cord? Please give advise!
I have a cyst in my right breast. Is that any serious issue? Can you suggest a medicine for removing that cyst ?
Her mother was a cervical cancer patient. Please let me know that 1. Is this type of disease is hereditary? 2. If yes. For taking precaution what she should?
1 month before my wife was suffering from breast clot as my 3 month baby was not taking feed from that side due to this now the size of breast is smaller than the other .is this a big issue As my wife is afraid because of its size will it come in it normal or she have to go dermatologists. Please help with your suggestion Thank you.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.