Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Narayan ShanmughamYour feedback matters!
My wife age is 36 years and she has some kind of Rasoli in her head. She has no pain but day by day those are increase in her head. What should I do at this stage? Kindly suggests me in situations?
Sir wife ke breast ko tej dabane se kya breast cancer hota hai aur agar breast ko tej dabate time agar usme se blood discharg ho gaya to kya yah incident breast cancer me doveloped ho jatee hai mujh per apni wife ke sath yah incident ho gayi hai breast cancer ke bare me full advice de.
What are the side effects and reasons of lung cancer in human body also tell me the precautions for the same?
I am 60 years old and I have to go for frequent urination at mid night at 2 am to 6 am only. I don't have diabetes or enlarged prostate. What else can be possibilities of other ailments ?
My mother is a diabetic since last 8 yr and now she is suffering from breast cancer stage 2 surgery done in january now she take chemo therapy 6 cycle but after 3rd she got lot of complication major or her diabeies are frequantly fluctuate she take insuline also but she didnt take food becoz of side effect of chemotherapy please suggest how to treat her wisely.
I have itching on my hand near the fingers and the border of that itching is red. Every time I feel like scratching my hand. Is that symptom of skin Cancer?
Sir I am suffering from multiple myeloma and taking treatment for the last three months at madurai. I have been administered with BORTEZOM INJ. Once in a week and ASTEOMET-zoledronic injection once in a month. I have been advised to undergo this for four months. WILL I BE RESCUED?
How can one check if they have breast cancer or not? What are the symptoms? Could you please explain it in detail?
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
Hello I am 66 years healthy person but I used to go to bathroom in the night four to five times and each time take water after bath room The process has disturbed my night sleep Some nights I don't wake up in the night.Day time also need to go to bathroom two times When pressure developed it is so urgent I have got checked up prostrate enlargement about two times in the last two years and find that there is some enlarged portion and there is no residual urine I have taken some medicine two years back for two weeks and later stopped I red some advice what to do now shall I continue medicines if yes what is the medicine and how long do I have to take Is there any other advise.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.
I have bilateral axillary lymphadenopathy .In Usg the breast are normal and few axillary lymph nodes are reactive largest on the right side 2.06 cm×1.04 cm and largest on the left side is 2.05 cm×0.77 cm.I am only 22 years old and have no family history of breast cancer. Please help.
Dear Dr. My sister whose age is 27 years, in her head there is a small ball which is soft like a balloon filed with water, but there is no any pain, the ball is minimum 2 to 3 years old, shes body is too slim, please suggest me what to do ?
I am suffering from breast pain and itching so much for last one week I am only 25 years girl please tell me it reason and what to do.
My mother is 54 years old and I got the reports today that she is having malignancy. I am from Bihar, but I can go Delhi, mumbai or anywhere in India. Just guide me to choose the best place for this disease to get cured.
Infertility and hormonal treatments may influence the amount of dense tissue in the breast and increase the risk of developing breast cancer study from Karolinska institute in Sweden found that woman with a history of infertility had denser breasts than other women to was more pronounced in women who had undergone controlled ovarian stimulation.(cos), the hormone treatment required for in vitro fertilisation.