Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NagarajanYour feedback matters!
I am a guy and I think I have developed some breast tissues. Cause I feel this ring like tissue around my nipples also there is a slight pain at one spot where, I am not sure, is a lump. Should I be worried?
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
You've probably heard that a HPV vaccine can protect women against cervical cancer. In fact, the vaccine may be most effective when given to girls and young women. However the strains against which the HPV vaccine provides protection is limited. The vaccine does provide cover against the most prevalent strains (learn all about Cervical Cancer).
What Are the Benefits of the HPV Vaccine?
The main benefit of the vaccine is protection from cervical cancer.
Two HPV vaccines are currently on the market: Gardasil and Cervarix. In 2006, the FDA licensed Gardasil, the first cervical cancer vaccine. In 2007 Cervarix was approved. However, they don't protect against all types of cancer-causing HPV. Vaccines protect against these four types of HPV:
These types are responsible for 70% of cervical cancers and 90% of genital warts (learn more about warts).
What parents should know about the HPV or Cervical Cancer Vaccine
Does your daughter need the HPV vaccine to help protect against cervical cancer?
Pap screening in girls and young women should be recommended as follows:
Within 3 years of becoming sexually active.
By age 21.
Most girls taking the vaccine will probably need fewer Pap smears taken at longer intervals over their lifetimes.
Has your daughter already been infected with HPV virus?
If so, receiving the vaccine won't prevent disease from that particular type. However, the HPV vaccine will protect against infection from the other HPV strains included in the shot.
Why Should Girls Receive the HPV Vaccine?
Full benefit of the HPV vaccine occurs only if you receive it before you're infected with any of the HPV strains included in the vaccine. That's why, vaccinating girls between ages 11 and 12 is recommended .Ideally, this is before they become sexually active. The HPV vaccine can also be given to girls as young as 9 and to girls from age 13 to 26 who have not received it earlier.
You may question whether 11 or 12 is too early to vaccinate, the vaccine has been shown to be more effective in immunizing against HPV when it is given to younger girls who have never been infected with the dangerous HPV strains.
Hello doc, I'm planning for baby and my period is regular, this month started on 11 to 15, and my intercourse day is 21st, but unfortunately I forget so we did yesterday, will be any positive results, when v did in da morning everything. Came out, so I little bit confused whether it's going or not I kept pillow for 25 mints after my intercourse. Help me out.
If had a miscarriage last week. I was very normal during my pregnancy. I was 8weeks pregnant and my dr said that the baby is not growing. I m very much depressed and want to conceive again as soon as possible. The dr suggested me to use contraception pill to avoid pregnancy. Bt i actually don't want to use that. What should I do?
I am 46 years old lady and while swallowing any type of food I am having a burning sensation along my food pipe. This has been happening for the past 6 months. Initially for 2 month it wasn't that painful and the burning sensation lasted till the chest but then the pain started to increase and it now it reached near my stomach. I went to a doctor and they said to do an endoscopy test but the tests came out to be normal. Since then they have been giving me tablets for gas but it is still burning what should I do?
Hello, we are married couples. My wife had normal delivery and after 3 months we started having sex. I lick my wife's vagina and also suck her breasts and drink her breast milk. Is there any problem if I drink from my wife's breast. Is my wife's breast going to run out of milk? Is there any chance of infection passing onto baby? Thanks for your answer.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hi. M 28 n mother of 3 yes child. But after giving birth to the child my weight started increasing now m almost 15 to 18 kgs excess. Can anyone help me in reducing the weight.
Hello doctors meri date nhi aayi hai pichle 3 months se sir Market me available dwayi Mai use nhi krti because ghar se bahr nhi ja skti please aap mujhe btaya ki Mai apna pregnancy test kaise kr skti hu sir Mai abhi unmarried hi hu please help me sir.
Simple Home Remedies to get rid of itchy scalp
Dry itchy scalp can be a nuisance, especially when you get that itchy feeling in the presence of someone or when white flakes become visible in your hair or on your shoulders. Caused by various reasons such as dandruff, dryness of the scalp, poor care of the hair, viral or fungal infections, poor diet, sebaceous cysts or even stress, itchy scalp can be a big embarrassment. However, you can get rid of this itchy scalp with these simple remedies:
Lemon has antiseptic properties and proves highly effective in treating itchiness especially the one caused by dandruff.
- Apply lemon juice directly on the scalp for 5-7 minutes and then rinse
- Use diluted lemon juice if you do not have dandruff
- Or you can add yogurt to the lemon juice before applying. Use a mild shampoo to rinse after that.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can work wonderfully for itchy scalp since it helps to get rid of the fungus and virus that may be the reason for itchiness. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that also balances the scalp’s pH balance helping to relieve dryness and itching.
- In a spray bottle, take equal amounts of water and vinegar and use it to spray directly on your slightly wet scalp or apply with the help of cotton balls
- Shampoo your hair after some time
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a good moisturizer and can help you to get rid of itching and dryness of the scalp.
- Rub the gel with your fingers directly on the scalp
- After 10-15 minutes, use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair and scalp
4. Onion Juice with Banana and Honey
Onion juice is a powerful remedy for itching. Honey too works incredibly to get rid of itchiness.
- Add some onion juice along with a mashed ripe banana to 2 tablespoons of honey and mix thoroughly
- Apply on the scalp and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Shampoo your hair afterwards to get rid of the white flakes and itchiness
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like Eucalyptus, Lavender and Neem also work well for relieving itching of the scalp.
- Mix equal portions of the 3 together and apply on the scalp
- Wash after an hour to get a relaxing feel apart from relief from itching and dryness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'