Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi NagarajanYour feedback matters!
Hello my sister in law is 35 yrs old. She has Blocked Fallopian Tubes. One tube is totally blocked and another little bit open. Is there any chances, that she can give birth to a baby? If yes then please suggest me the treatment and other options and how much possibility is there to becoming mother?
I am 28 years old. I was having regular periods but since few months although the cycle is on time but the bleeding is less on the first day excess on the second and 3rd day, spotting on 4th day, less bleeding on 5th day again spotting on 6th day. My blood level is low from past 5 years. I had also check for pregnancy test but it was negative. Please advice.
Using condoms is 100 percentage safe or in addition to it I have to take some unwanted medicines like unwanted 72,?
Sir My wife is pregnant on 5 months progress & during medical test her ASTRILION ANTIGEN (HBS) is positive, so pls tell me what is this & which types effect & also tell how can remove it? Because I am very sad so pls tell me medicine.
Hi Dr. I have query that I liked the vagina of my partner and yesterday I read anywhere that oral sex (sucking vagina) causes Cancer in men So how could I prevent it please help.
I am a 35 years old. 12 weeks pregnant female. My 1st son is 2 hrs and 8 month old and he is a premature baby. I am scared about 2nd baby. It is possibility for 2nd baby also will be a premature and in my 1st pregnancy I had thyroid high bp so in 2nd pregnancy I can face the same problem?
Hi me and my gf had a sex in dec. She got her periods irregularly upto march and now she missed april periods. Its already 12 days late and she is in another city from 1month so her sister told that due to water change you didn't get periods and she ate papaya fruit for two days bt still she didn't get her periods. Is she pregnant? if she, then how can we avoid? reply asap we are worried.
Hi, I am 22 years old unmarried woman I have missed menstruation by the past 2 months. Why is it so? Please advice
When I have sex I have bleed I have done 10 times when it was first den after six months I have done it then also I was bleeding too much please tell me what is the problem?
Plums originally originated in the continent of Asia. They are the member of the plant Genus Prunus, which also consists of apricots, cherries, and almonds. One can’t go wrong in adding plums in their diet. Plums have the qualities of being low in calories and they also enable you to meet your daily dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber needs. Some other amazing benefits of plums are :
- Low in calorie content: Plums contain few calories as compared to its portion size, as they are low-energy foods containing 70 calories. There are just 70 calories in two plums of medium sizes. It has been suggested by CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Preventions) that when one includes more amounts of low-energy dense foods in their diet, it can help them to limit their total amount of calorie intake for controlling hunger and weight loss.
- Good source of fiber: Plums are very good source of fiber. 2 grams of fiber can be found in two medium sized plums. In average, adults need about 20 to 30 grams of fiber in a day, where most people consume only around 15 grams of fiber. The fiber content in foods can help control hunger. Fiber also helps to add bulk to our stool. It helps to mitigate and prevent constipation. Fiber also has the power to prevent the risks of heart diseases by absorbing cholesterol from our blood stream.
- Low glycemic index food: The calories in plum come from the carbohydrates in the form of sugar. In two medium sized plums, there is about 19 grams of carbs and about 16 grams of sugar. Although plums are high in sugar and carbohydrates, plums are low glycemic index food. The glycemic index helps to rank the foods that contain carbohydrate on how and by how much they affect blood sugar. Foods with a high glycemic index can cause a brisk rise in blood sugar. Whereas foods with low glycemic index cause a little bit of rising in blood sugar. And also people who eat too many of high glycemic index food has a high risk of diabetes and also heart disease according to the Harvard School of Public Health. Whereas eating low glycemic index foods helps to control diabetes and also helps in weight loss.
- Good source of vitamin A: Eating two medium sized plums can provide about eight percent of a person’s daily need of vitamin A or 400 international units. Vitamin A is essential for eye health, development and growth, immune health, reproduction, and bone health. Vitamin A is also known as a fat soluble vitamin.
- Good source of vitamin C: It is an important water-soluble vitamin. We need a minimum intake of vitamin C in order to make collagen which also helps in healing of wounds and plums are rich in this nutrient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.