Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am on panic disorder tab XET CR 25 since 6 year. Feeling fear during bath wen door closed. uneasiness.my sex is quik discharge due to tablet. Also I am not diabetic but sugar lever always pp 145 n fbs 119 wen checked. Also feeling hunger in evening n like to eat sweet .pls advice.
Feeling so depressed from the last few months. And I couldn't focus on my studies. I don't even talk to anyone. What should I do ?
Dear Doctor, My wife is diagnosed with depressive dos order. I would like to know the gravity of this medical condition. Whether there are chances for this medical condition to relapse. Whether there should be significant behavior changes that needs to brought on my part to contain her from relapsing. Whether this medical condition is just situation based or clinical. Whether needs to take medication for a long period and how bad can be the side effects. She has already started anti depressant tabs and has started putting on significant weight. Kindly let me know on the above queries and beyond this if there is any thing I need to know about this medical condition. Thanks
My daughter got married in February 2015 and staying with husband in US. Strangely she is staying and behaving the way she used to do. She is not taking care of husband's minimum on time and doing things casually and slowly without even realizing it is causing pain and inconvenience to husband. To any advice on this, she responds that she is already doing, why any advice. Not realizing and anticipating the daily chores and doing things normally and slowly causing lot of stress to her husband (which he does not deserve especially since he is an extremely nice and adjustable person). Her in laws feel sad for their son and we (parents) feel guilty. With this background, I have following questions to ask 1. How this behavior is described 2. Are there any medicines for this 3. Whether consulting psychiatrist would help.
I think I have lost some memory or a center in my brain which controls understanding has slowed down. Can't keep a control over how I feel. Are blood pressure levels responsible for this? I feel either I have a psychiatric problem or a health problem.
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.