Doctor in Anjakha Hospital
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Anjakha HospitalYour feedback matters!
One of the worst neurological disorders to have is dementia. It is a general term used to describe cognitive decline of the brain. It’s not specific disease but denotes several brain disorders and mental illnesses. A person suffering from dementia can have severe impairment in judgment, loss of memory and thinking. Dementia is a very difficult disease not only for the patient but also for their families and caregivers.
Some facts about dementia are as follows:
- It’s not a mental disorder occurring in old age but it does degenerates with age.
- An estimation of 47.5 million people worldwide suffers from dementia and 60% of these people live in low and middle-income countries and according to WHO this figure is likely to increase.
- Every 4 seconds a new case of dementia is reported
Dementia is a collective term to describe the many types of in people, such as
- Alzheimer’s Disease: It is one of the most common type of dementia accounting for 60-80% of dementia case. People suffering from Alzheimer’s have fewer nerve cells and the size of the brain shrinks.
- Vascular Dementia: Another most common form of dementia occurring after a stroke.
- Lewy Body Dementia: It is neurodegenerative condition that involves a protein called alpha-synuclein which changes the brain. Symptoms may be similar to Parkinson’s disease.
Symptoms of dementia can range from mild to moderate to severe that includes:
- Memory Loss
- Disorientation meaning inability to focus or pay attention
- Changes in visual perception
- Impairment in reasoning and judgment
Dementia can be caused by damage to brain cells or progressive brain cell death. As a result communication between brain cells become difficult. Other symptoms include:
- There are no definite tests for dementia. Doctors and neurologists have to medical history, blood tests and CT scans to find out whether a person has dementia or not. However, the most potent evaluation comes from a set of questions that are asked to a patient suspected of having dementia. The ability to answer those questions correctly is one of the best diagnoses for dementia.
- There is no specific treatment for dementia as it is not a curable disease and degenerates with time. However, medicines or drugs given for Alzheimer’s can be given to people suffering from dementia.
- Although results vary depending upon a person’s lifestyle’s and habits, doctors suggest eating healthy, exercising regularly, and stopping smoking and drinking may prevent some types of dementia.
- The best treatment for dementia is to treat the person with care and love so that they don’t feel neglected.
Dementia is often associated with old age but that is not always true. It is important to gain knowledge and educate others also.
Holistic science is taking centre stage once again, after their decline in the past centuries since the advent of contemporary medicine. Ayurveda is one such area that helps in reaching and curing the root cause of the ailment that a person may be facing. Couples facing problems or relationships problems are one such area that is also a part of this ancient Indian life science. Let us find out more about Ayurvedic Couple Counselling.
Transformation: Ayurveda seeks to reach the root cause of a problem and transform the life of the patient by dealing with the said problem. For couples, one of the most basic problems is that of stagnation. With the help of the transformation function, Ayurveda helps the two partners in finding a basis for dealing with the old by bringing in the new. In this kind of counselling, couples are usually asked to find something new in each other and things that they can do together to break from the same old routine. This creates a sense of excitement and makes for shared experiences.
Meditation: In Ayurveda, the couple undergoing counselling is usually asked to practice meditation together. This helps in grounding the couple as one unit as they breathe in and out together and get initiated through the path of meditation. With this, a union of the mind, the body and spirit can be possible on several levels where the couple can understand, guide and evolve with each other. When meditation is practiced by the couple together, it is a deeply connecting ritual that also builds intimacy on a whole other level of commitment and togetherness.
Intuition: All people go through change. When we marry, we are young and we subsequently grow old and older with each other. The objective is to grow old together rather than changing to a degree where one partner does not understand or relate with the other. So, as per Ayurveda, it is difficult to align with each other using a sense of intuition that will help in nurturing each other through change, rather than growing apart. This sense of intuition will also bring about better adaptability and adjustment.
Flow of Energy: The main energy between couple is emotion, which can be regulated with Chakra Healing. The play of emotions between two people is what binds together. But this where the subtle balance has to come about so that one does not get overwhelmed with the other. With the help of couples counselling in Ayurveda, the couple will be taught to channel the flow of energy in a positive way to manifest in understanding, good sexual relations, and harmony in cohabitation.
Some unique herbal combos, absolutely safe, are decided by Ayurveda doctor on the basis of feedback, if required. Being open with each other is the key to being happy with couple counselling in Ayurveda.