Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kurinji G R
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kurinji G RYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old men I have lost 6 kg weight in the two months, I feel like all fat I have been lost. I consult the dr, they said due to sever anxiety. I have gastric and diabetes, I have done all diseases like thyroid, hiv,all came normal, how can recover for this problem. please help me, daily I am thinking about this weight loss.
I am suffering from schizophrenia for past 9 years with ongoing medicines still do not have mental peace. What basic precautions should I take to get rid off schizophrenia?
I worry a lot or you can say I usually have fear of irrational things like fear of happening bad incidents, fear of thinking bad thoughts. I had gone through so many ups and downs in last three years of my life and underwent huge stress. Now everything is ok but I use to fear if something bad happens and how shall I deal with it. I also use to suffer from digestive problems. Is there any correlation between thinking and stomach disorder? Last week in night I got up suddenly and felt difficulty in breathing, dropping heart beats and felt fear of death. This lasted up to 10 to 15 minutes and then I became normal. It happened first two years ago. I want to ask, Are all these kind of anxiety due to over thinking, or due to chronic stomach disorder or due to both? Pls give your valuable advice.
Hi, I am a 22 year old female. I over think and stress myself about negative things. I get irritated very easily and frustrated soon. I sometimes feel I'm antisocial because I I start hating people all of a sudden for ex. While riding and stuck in traffic get irritated and shout at people. I cannot control my anger. Please advise what can I do to reduce my anxiety and frustration.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Medical Detoxification is a process that systematically and safely withdraws people from addicting drugs, usually under the care of a physician. Drinking alcohol or using drugs can cause physical dependence over time and stopping them can result in withdrawal symptoms in people with this dependence. The detoxification process is designed to treat the immediate bodily effects of stopping drug use and to remove toxins left in the body as a result of the chemicals found in drugs and/or alcohol.
While at the present time, no proven pharmacologic therapy for cocaine addiction exists, several kinds of medications have been used in the detoxification of cocaine. Withdrawal from chronic cocaine use produces anxiety, depression and intense cravings for the drug. Several types of medications address these issues in different ways.
Antidepressant drugs such as desipramine or a combination of phentermine and fenfluramine have been used to reduce cocaine withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety and depression. Benzodiazepines, tranquilizers such as Diazepam, have been used to reverse anxiety induced by cocaine withdrawal. Amantadine, a drug used to treat Parkinson's Disease, may be an effective treatment for cocaine-dependent patients with severe cocaine withdrawal symptoms and may reduce cocaine craving. Bromocriptine, a drug that works on the brain's dopamine system, has been used to decrease the craving for cocaine during detoxification and to reduce mood disturbance.
Propanolol, a beta-blocker drug used to treat high blood pressure, may be useful for severe cocaine withdrawal symptoms, as it slows down the effects of adrenaline, thereby calming the body's "fight or flight" response to stressful situations. This type of drug has been used to treat general anxiety and anxiety associated with alcohol withdrawal. Propranolol's lessening of symptoms such as palpitations and sweating has helped reduce cocaine craving. Its use, however, is not risk free in patients who have taken cocaine and can be associated with decreased blood flow to the heart and other changes that predispose patients to arrhythmia and a severe increase in blood pressure that can lead to a stroke. Delayed toxic effects are possible. Any use of beta-blockers in this setting requires careful monitoring and caution