Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna SeshadriYour feedback matters!
Sir very good morning sir my father have sugar so please tell me sir what to eat so please tell me sir.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 71 years old, male. For last over one year, each day morning, I have 4 to 5 motions. Some time loose motions upto about 1 noon or upto 1.30 pm. As a result I am not able to move out of house, in the fore noon, with a fear that I may get motion any time, any where and I may not get the toilet facility. I also have no control on motions and some time I passed motion in the pant too. I am diabetic since 25 years. But mostly my sugar levels are on border or at normal level. Please advise me suitably.
I am 48 years old. I under went bypass surgery last December 2013. I am a diabetic. I am using glucomet SR 500, concor 2.5, and Toneact 10 daily. Now, for the past 20 days, I have conticipation problem. Pl advice me
I'm 30 years old married man. I have suffered from erectile dysfunction since 1.5 year my testosterone levels are 337. 17 ng/dl, & penile Doppler are normal, I don't have any psychological problems, please told me about various chikitsa & suitable vaajikaran medicine for that I can conceive a healthy baby & relief from these disease.
Is random sugar test in the morning before not eating anything and fasting sugar test was same or different.
My self Bhaskar Sharma. Im 20, I gained 20 kgs of weight in 2 months suddenly. Tested for thyroid and diabetes both are in normal condition. How to loose weight? Please suggest me what to eat and not to, exercises etc.
I am suffering with hyperthyroidism since last one year. And some times it comes to hypo thyroidism. My question is can it cure permanently.
I am 62 yrs old suffering from diabetes. I m not able 2 control myself from sweet intake. Suggest some diets 2 control diabetes and food I should prevent.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take medical efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible.
You are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
1. Check your heart: There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as a hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
2. Neuropathy: Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (which affects toes, feet, legs, hand and arms) and Autonomic (which affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
3. Nephropathy: Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
4. Foot ulcers and amputations: Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, Charcot joint or Charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region.
5. Retinopathy: Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.