Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kg Manoj Unnithan
Submit a review for Dr. Kg Manoj UnnithanYour feedback matters!
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.
I am 31 years old female. I have pain in both knees and my pain is severe when I wakeup in the morning and also I have pain in my foot in morning. If I walk I hear some sound in my knees. What should I do? Anything serious? Please tell me.
I'm sathish I'm 22, my wife's vagina was not opening when we do sex, I tried it hard but its not working. What should I do?
My diet is good but I don't know why m not gaining my wait. Give me some suggestions to solve this problem.
My age 27 years. I have very fat thighs and thin hands. So suggest me how to improve hands size. And how to decrease size of thighs.
I feel very lazy at all. I tried about every thing but all in vain. My work consists of constant 13-15 office work and after that no time to Jim. I usually walk every morning.
Instead of spending a lump sum amount on supplements that are marketed for athletes and fitness fanatics, you can just make a few changes to your diet and add these 5 super foods mentioned below to your daily dietary plan to increase your endurance and power. Eating whole foods rather than manufactured and processed food is recommended in this regard. Also, athletes should inculcate these food items into all their regular meals and snacks, instead of just before a big event or after exercising.
- Wild Salmon: This power food is essential for athletes because it contains high quality protein i.e. lean protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (that is anti-inflammatory) and vitamins B12 and B6. Athletes should opt for wild salmon since they are less contaminated than their farmed counterparts. Salmon enhances athletic performance and helps build muscles. It also lowers the risk of prostate cancer and chronic heart diseases, and makes recovery from injuries quicker.
- Bananas: Bananas are the favorite pre and post workout recovery food. It is loaded with potassium that helps in regulating fluids and prevents muscles from cramping or spasming and also contains vitamin B6 which is anti inflammatory and prevents cardiovascular diseases. It is easy to digest and has natural electrolytes that are beneficial to athletes.
- Nuts: Combining protein and healthy fats, nuts are natural and easy to digest. They can balance your blood sugar levels and help in breaking down carbohydrates for long durations without upsetting your stomach. Athletes with high calorie needs must consume nuts. It is rich in vitamins and minerals; unsaturated fat that is anti-inflammatory and fiber that helps stabilize energy levels.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is considered to be the most nourishing food for athletes. It is very rich in protein and has high soluble fiber content and complex carbohydrates. It is essential for athletes looking to put on weight. It is also important for maintaining glucose levels and cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin B, minerals and antioxidants.
- Sweet Potatoes: Imperative for their starchy content, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C, which are powerful antioxidants, and minerals such as potassium, iron, manganese, and copper that are necessary for healthy muscle function. Sweet potatoes help in lowering of blood pressure and removing free radicals from your body.