Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Hair loss due to stomach problem? I have a history of stomach problem but never really cared about it. I think I have indigestion. The stool is not very hard and liquid-y most of the time. I also happen to have acne and major hair loss and thinning of hair. I already have bald patches at the both side of my head. I am only 21 years old. Is it possible that my hair loss is connected to my stomach problem? Can it be solved? Hair loss is the major issue for me more than other problems. I live in Warangal by the way.
Hello everyone. I am Dr Manoj Gupta, I am a consultant Liver transplant surgeon and surgical gastroenterology in New Delhi. Today I will provide you tips to keep your liver healthy.
Good health is the best wealth. To safeguard the best wealth, you must protect your crucial organs. One such organ is a liver. Your liver is a key player in the body digestive system. It is an organ which can easily damage if you don't take good care of it. So, here are some tips;
- Eat a healthy diet and involve in regular exercise. High fibre food such as fruits, vegetables and whole grain food are good for health. At the same time, you must also increase protein intake from the sources such as fish, beans and nuts. Be careful with herbs and dietary supplements. Avoid food which you are allergic and sensitive too. As it weakens the liver function and stress the immune system.
- Reduce your body weight as Obesity is the major factor. People who are obese start following the healthy diet and work out regularly to maintain your body weight.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, smoking or illegal drugs. The small quantity of alcohol on regular basis can burden your liver.
- Liver helps in detoxifying the alcohol. So, having complete breaks from the alcohol helps your liver.
You can get Hepatitis A and E from drinking the water having virus which will ultimately cause a disease. You can also get a vaccine
Hepatitis B and C are spread through blood and body floats. To cut the risks, do not share items such as razers, toothbrushes or needles.
- Limit the number of sex partners you have and always use barrier protections while having sex.
- Hence, get vaccinated and see the family whether they are vaccinated. This may reduce the risk of diseases.
- Always avoid self medications. Nowadays everyone rushes to the medical store rather than rushing to the doctor.
- Over intake of drugs can harm the liver and in several situations, may lead to liver failure also. Although, prevention is better than cure. But once diagnosed with decompensated liver disease, early liver transplant can give better long term outcome.
If you want to take appointment with me, you can take it through Lybrate.