Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Keerthi SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
Sorry but I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend on 16th of September! And within 24 hours (i.e in 21st hour) I took the ipill. And after taking the emergency contraceptive pill I felt headache and lower abdominal pain. My Periods are on 10th every month. But previously in September I got periods on 6th of September. Means on the 10th day of my menstrual cycle I had the intercourse. Now I am waiting for my periods to ensure that ipill did its work. Please tell me my periods will be delayed or may come early? Thank You Have A Nice Day
Age 81 and currently diagnosed with having gall bladder stone, there is previous history on hiatus hernia which is 39 years old, kindly advice on can we go for operation.
Hey this side ravi mittal, my stomach is getting fatty day by day mye weight is increasing. It seems my digestive system is not working correctly. When I ate anything it doea not dihest properly. please tell me the solution.
What are the symptoms of colorectum / anal cancer? What are the possibilities of a healthy 23 year old who does not smoke drink vegetarian and no family history of cancer of any kind having colon rectum n anal cancer? I have the following problem since yesterday. I traveled to a place which was super hot and I dint keep myself hydrated at all bcuz of this when I went to pass motion I had to strain myself a lot. Then the 2 other times that I used the toilet, there was no pain the stool was ok with no blood but had little mucus. But after I cleaned the anal area with water I saw a little bloody mucus coming out and when I put water I get a pricking sensation. I had Anal fissure a month back which was cured with medicines. I read about colon rectum n anal cancer on Google. And now m very scared bcuz the symptom they mentioned are same as mine. Can I get a clear guidance from a doctor on this? I know this problem is something that should be examined. And I will go to a doctor in person. But as off now only this one question is bothering me whether the symptoms I mentioned suggest cancer?
How to reduce formation of gas in stomach. As I am unable to take my diet in proper timing daily, facing some gas problem in stomach after dinner. Could you suggest me to reduce that problem.
From last few days I'm having lot of gas in my stomach and I'm farting a lot about 35 to 40 times in a day and it also smells very bad what could be the reason of this what can I do to get rid of gas and farting.
I have very weak digestion system. I often get loose motion. Whatever I eat, I need to go to the toilet soon. I feel very uncomfortable because of this. Please help.
I have candida albicans symptoms is cold intolerant brain fog when I eat suddenly my stomach full with gas bloating constipation anxiety lot more food sensitivity to gluten or mostly sugar also finger warts I don't know what can I do and where should I go how can tell the doctor. I checked thyroid testosterone anti po test vitamins all are normal please help.
Hi sir I have been suffering from fever from last 4 days. My potty is not clear and even also suffering from gas trouble. I can not bath in the because because I got cold and again symptoms of fever started. Last night I have eaten 2 big big banana due to which I am getting problem in my stomach. And my urine colour is yellow also. My potty colour is little bit yellow. And I am having problem of loose motion also. And I am having little headache problem also. When I came from exam my head start paining. It stops when I listen song with headphone in full volume.
I am suffering from anal fissure for a past 2 months. 1 month before I undergone a surgery for anal abscess. I have been given medicines and a ointment, the pain got reduced but I have some discomfort in anal area. So please suggest me a solution to get rid of anal fissure.
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.