Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Hello. I'm a 24 year old male. I'm having trouble pulling the prepuce on the glans penis. It seems i'm having extra skin at the tip which prevents it from happening. I tried pulling the prepuce back but it becomes painful as the skin develops small cracks. Please help.
I am 17 years old. have backpain and headache. I prefer to doctors but there medicines can not help me. And my headache became more painful. What can I do? please help me!
I'm an athlete. And I have internal hemorrhoids. I'm cricket player. And it's causing problems for my career. I want to cure it as soon as possible..in my life I have to eat a lot of proteins crabs. And I have to workout minimum 4 days in a week. I also lift weights. please tell me what to do.
I have 26 year old male I have done sex without condom more than 6 time with same partner, my partner is not HIV positive, can I positive with HIV, I have done sex with only one with her but my partner has done sex with another person but she is not HIV positive. Please give me perfect answer.
Sir I am 27 years old male. For the last 3 years I am having urine leakage type of sensation which makes me difficult to Sit and Travel as I feel to urinate. Undergone endoscopy but nothing came out. Consulted urologist and they offered duoflo medicine which also not working. Pl suggest the issue and some solution.
Heyy last week I noticed I'm suffering from constipation n swollen veins in my anal external and internal both . I'm scared it is piles or something else or it can be cured or not.
My wife 24 yrs old & she is suffering from ulcerative colitis from last 8 months. She is having bloody stool daily 4-5 times. Even no effects of homeopathy frm last 6 months. Please suggest.
Hi my father met with an accident and small injury on his head. We have taken ct scan and doctors said no problem. But everyday he is complaints for headache?
Most of us are affected by diseases, which spread through physical contact, but most of us do not consider it important to get them checked, due to which they turn into major ailments. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections, which are transmitted through any kind of sexual contact. The organism that causes the disease is transmitted from one person to the other during sex intercourse. Sometimes STDs can be asymptomatic (no symptoms or signs)
Here are some STDs that you should be informed about:
1. Gonorrhoea: Genital infection caused by bacteria is called gonorrhoea, its symptoms include
- Bloody vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Heavy period bleeding
- Anal itching
2. Chlamydia: Bacterial infection in the genital tract is called chlamydia. Chlamydia is usually difficult to diagnose, its symptoms include
- Pain during urination
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Vaginal discharge
- Painful intercourse
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
3. Syphilis: The bacterium Treponema pallidum causes syphilis, its symptoms include
- Sores in the mouth, anus or vagina
- In later stages, it causes nerve and organ damage
4. Genital Herpes: The herpes simplex virus (HSV) causes herpes. Signs and symptoms include-
- Small red bumps or ulcers in the anal, genital and other areas
- Itching or pain around the genital area, thighs and buttocks
5. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Genital Warts: Genital warts are caused by HPV. It infects the genital tract. HPV has been linked to cervical cancer, its symptoms include
- Small swellings in the genital area
- Bleeding during sex
6. Chancroid: Chancroid is a bacterial infection. The bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi causes chancroid, its symptoms include
- Development of red bumps on the skin folds covering the genitals
- Pain during urination
- Burning sensation during bowel movement
7. Ectoparasitic Infections: Ectoparasitic infections are caused by small parasitic bugs like mites or lice. The parasites usually affect the hair or skin. Scabies and crabs are common parasites that cause such infections. They both cause intense itching and visible rashes.
8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS): The virus that causes AIDS is called HIV. It can spread through blood, vaginal fluids, semen and breast milk. Unprotected sex or sharing needles with an infected person is how the disease spreads. It includes symptoms, such as
- Slight fever
- Muscle aches
- Weight loss